Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

glasso wrote: »
    sounds like they blackballed you for some reason.....

as said the card hold option is actually only so that they can offer you a faster/better service as the can send out a replacement immediately.

the second way they offer is a courier pick-up and then they send you out the replacement once that is received.

From memory they were originally offered a refurb and refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

positron wrote: »
    Wife's Pixel 3a is no longer ringing for incoming calls. Phone's barely two months old. Nothing seems to be working (haven't installed any new apps, tried hard reset, tried starting on safe mode etc etc). Music, apps etc works - so speakers work - it won't ring when a call comes, that's all! It's as if it's a software issue, but I can't see how it is and what could be the fix!!

I see a large number of people with the same issue here on Google Pixel phone support: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/10048887?hl=en

Thinking if I should contact Vodafone (famously useless) or Google!!

I'm sure you have tried this as you did a hard reset but I am know some people were accidentally disabling the ring on the volume control. Turn the phone up or down.a notch and look at the icon on top of the slider
    It should be a be, if it is a vibrate or crossed out bell icon that's your problem.

wingnut wrote: »
    I'm sure you have tried this as you did a hard reset but I am know some people were accidentally disabling the ring on the volume control. Turn the phone up or down.a notch and look at the icon on top of the slider
    It should be a be, if it is a vibrate or crossed out bell icon that's your problem.

definitely a known problem. I initially thought that my dad had done something similar but nope it just wouldn't ring

the way to test it definitively is go to change the ringtone in settings and if it doesn't sound when you select a new one then you have the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I had a smooth process. I took the option to give my card details in advance. It's only a hold on the card. Otherwise I'd have had to send my phone back first. Got the replacement after a 15 minute webchat and arrived two days later
    Might get him to try them again tomorrow. Thanks.

Might get him to try them again tomorrow. Thanks.

use webchat. not email

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »

don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

No, didn't refuse. They gave us the option of a refurb immediately before we returned original if we paid for the replacement, and they would refund us when they got original handset. Then there was a problem over and back with putting money onto the Google Acc payment method, then they pulled that offer and it went on and on.

Never refused, he said he'd prefer it wasn't a refurb but when I checked here, others had been given the same and had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭positron

Update: Contacted them on webchat, and after the usual checks, we were offered replacement. However no card hold option, had to post faulty unit to them and they will replace it. Prepaid Ups collected today, fingers crossed they replace it timely and with a good unit. Thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭wassie

Does the Pixel 3A purchased from the VF store have a Vodafone logo/splashscreen on startup or is it pure vanilla Android?

wassie wrote: »
    Does the Pixel 3A purchased from the VF store have a Vodafone logo/splashscreen on startup or is it pure vanilla Android?

Pure Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Offer is back on.

€129 this time when you switch over. other halfs 3a is still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

flexcon wrote: »
    Other is back on.

€129 this time when you switch over. other halfs 3a is still going strong.

To pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think ill order another one thats so cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

SickBoy wrote: »
    To pay as you go?

229.99€ with a 100€ discount if you port your number to Vodafone to a pay as you go plan.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Great offer....hate being tied into a contracts at times like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Absolute bargain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Do you have to buy a 20 top up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

long_b wrote: »
    Do you have to buy a 20 top up ?

No. Get a free sim from eir and use that number when buying this phone. 130 is all it costs

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

bush wrote: »
    No. Get a free sim from eir and use that number when buying this phone. 130 is all it costs

Where exactly can I order a free sim card from on eirs website please?

Where exactly can I order a free sim card from on eirs website please?

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

How do you get rid of the the “recurring” costs? Can’t seem to deselect it. (Well not on mobile site)

How do you get rid of the the “recurring” costs? Can’t seem to deselect it. (Well not on mobile site)

From memory, you choose your PAYG plan, which would be recurring at €20 every 28 days, but you never actually have to pay the 20. You can just get the phone and then pop your normal SIM in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

Can you receive your activation code to the eir sim without topping it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ed1140 wrote: »
    Can you receive your activation code to the eir sim without topping it up?

Yep. That's how I bought one last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Everytime I try and buy this it fails. Can you get them instore, if not is there a number you can ring to order online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've given up I can't complete an order for this. I remembers all the old emails I've used in the past, so I can't use them, and even with a new email account, and new details it fails unknown error. No B&M shop answers the phone and I can't use their online support without a current Vodafone number, which I don't have. Don't remember my old ones either. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

It's an absolute pain trying to order one of these...
    You will be lucky to get a confirmation email if you get that far...they will take the money though..
    Make sure and take a photo of order number on screen if it provides one...then will need to chase it up with online chat team...good luck :-)
    beauf wrote: »
    I've given up I can't complete an order for this. I remembers all the old emails I've used in the past, so I can't use them, and even with a new email account, and new details it fails unknown error. No B&M shop answers the phone and I can't use their online support without a current Vodafone number, which I don't have. Don't remember my old ones either. Pity.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

beauf wrote: »

Try a different browser? Ordered yesterday evening and all went through fine for me immediately (using Firefox 79), order showing up under my newly created account, now awaiting pickup by An Post. Got one last time but this is for the mother-in-law!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭wassie

You do not need to port your existing number across either.
    • To get the discount you do need to select 'keep existing number' then it will send you a verification code.
    • Enter this, select any date to port across and proceed to checkout.
    • You will receive your phone and a sim card - simply put the sim card in the bin.
    If you never activate the VF service the port can not occur.

Advertisement