Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bazzy wrote: »
    I got a delivery call yesterday got the brushed steel one

Thank you very much to the OP I lost my job a while ago and our oven is on its last legs this will make a huge difference to us I just hope it gets delivered !!!

Great to see BA doing what it's intended for.I was tempted to order one when I spotted it but I'd have to rejig the kitchen to fit it in.Nice to see my posting it here helped somebody out rather than seeing bargains being stuck up on adverts or donedeal within the hour of them appearing on this forum.
    If anybody spots a great deal on a single oven I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Just got the cancellation call had a good row with them but no good Ah well was worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Sorry to hear that Bazzy..

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Bazzy wrote: »
    Just got the cancellation call had a good row with them but no good Ah well was worth a punt

I'll be next I suppose, too good to be true. Minute it got out on sites the less chance we had of it going through. Next time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

When did you order it? I ordered over the phone schedule for delivery for Wednesday. So far no cancellation call.

What was the reason for cancellation, no stock, wrong price or something else?

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    When did you order it? I ordered over the phone schedule for delivery for Wednesday. So far no cancellation call.
    I ordered mine on friday morning @ 7:33. Just got my cancellation call there. Reason given was misprice,was offered 10% off it if I wanted to proceed with purchase.

What was the reason for cancellation, no stock, wrong price or something else?

Their policy is if its already been dispatched they will let it go for the price and if it hasn't they'll cancel it

They offered me the oven for 699 and 10% off it or another oven , If your is due tomorrow i'd say you'll get it , would be with a courier by now

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Bazzy..

Never panic there'll be a better bargain along soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

They offered me the oven for 699 and 10% off it or another oven too. I had spotted it on pricescanner and ordered it as my oven broke last week. I'm very annoyed that I can't get the one bargain I flipping well need

Mine was delivered earlier, I just noticed that I might have ordered a different version that you, what version of the oven did you order? HBM43B250B or HBM13B251B I ordered the 2nd link HBM13B251B that's the fan oven. Maybe you all ordered from the 1st link.

Delighted with the Argos bargains over the last few weeks when they came out I was looking around for a bargain for a while, got the Delonghi coffee machine, Lenovo table and now the oven, saved over €1000 on the 3 items. Now I just need a gas hob 5 rings. :)

• Advertisement

Mine was delivered earlier, I just noticed that I might have ordered a different version that you, what version of the oven did you order? HBM43B250B or HBM13B251B I ordered the 2nd link HBM13B251B that's the fan oven. Maybe you all ordered from the 1st link.

Delighted with the Argos bargains over the last few weeks when they came out I was looking around for a bargain for a while, got the Delonghi coffee machine, Lenovo table and now the oven, saved over €1000 on the 3 items. Now I just need a gas hob 5 rings. :)

Great stuff nava,yeah I had ordered the 250b model,was first one on the pricescanner page.lesson learned,don't order the top item:).

psychozeb wrote: »
    Great stuff nava,yeah I had ordered the 250b model,was first one on the pricescanner page.lesson learned,don't order the top item:).

lol Yes I nearly ordered that too, but we wanted the 251b model as it's a fun oven.

I check pricescanner everyday for any good offers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

lol Yes I nearly ordered that too, but we wanted the 251b model as it's a fun oven.

I check pricescanner everyday for any good offers. :)

Nope I had ordered the second one same as you nava.
    Got the refusal phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

How much was the oven? :confused:

Wheety wrote: »
    How much was the oven? :confused:

€1079.99 down to €259.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

https://pricescanner.ie

Good site for deals in Argos and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just a heads up for whoever is in charge of pricescanner - boots, chain reaction and possibly currys seem to be stuck ...

and thanks for setting up that site!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

bellz_x wrote: »
    Pretty good deal on the christmas trees!
    Handy to get it in now, will save loads coming up to the festive season :D
    €53.49 for a 6ft

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2328986.htm

how much are they normaly? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Has anyone contacted argos about the state of the searching facility on their websites, in particular the mobile site?

Its practically impossible to find anything these days, just wondering if there's an update on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

spongbob wrote:

Haha, I have no idea but 53 quid for a tree is a pretty good deal! I bought a new one last year from littlewoods for 90, it's awesome. Looks similar to the one I posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

spongbob wrote:

Haha, I have no idea but 53 quid for a tree is a pretty good deal! I bought a new one last year from littlewoods for 90, it's awesome. Looks similar to the one I posted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

spongbob wrote: »

CheckArgos shows them having been as low as €11.99 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has anyone contacted argos about the state of the searching facility on their websites, in particular the mobile site?

Its practically impossible to find anything these days, just wondering if there's an update on the way
    The whole website is a joke. If you go onto the clearance/promotions page You get to see all the specials they have on. You first have to go into the sections like Home/Toys etc. When you do tho it brings you to an error screen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Kat1170 wrote: »
    CheckArgos shows them having been as low as €11.99 :eek::eek:

Can't find any stock anyway......

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Searches not working on Argos website at all today - is it only me or is it widespread?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

jontr wrote: »
    Searches not working on Argos website at all today - is it only me or is it widespread?

Same as here and also using desktop site, piss poor to be honrst

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Same as here and also using desktop site, piss poor to be honrst

I was wondering was that just me as it worked fine last night. I'm using the desktop site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The nice Remington beard trimmer set is back for €14

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3466043.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Tinie wrote: »
    The nice Remington beard trimmer set is back for €14

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3466043.htm

Reserved one, anyone have one and is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hococop wrote: »
    Reserved one, anyone have one and is it any good?

+1
    And does it shave fairly close with the attachments off

Advertisement