Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPad mini Availability [Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scrappieman

did you try pc world in carrckmines saw one there on display the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BrianMac21

They have them in CompuB in Dublin...it's near Trinity. Was in there messing with one yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The Apple store still shows 2 weeks. Have you tried ordering it with no accessories and seen what estimated delivery date it gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Loads of shops have them on display but non in stock to actually sell.
    They're not just sold out in Ireland but many countries, have been trying in a few airports around Europe and none have any stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BrianMac21

I'll pop in tomorrow and ask them...I'll be going to get a 5th gen iPod Touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Further evidence, if evidence was required, that this whole recession thing is a myth...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

tallpaul wrote: »
    Further evidence, if evidence was required, that this whole recession thing is a myth...

Or that Apples entire Irish stock amounted to 90 units :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

BrianMac21 wrote: »
    They have them in CompuB in Dublin...it's near Trinity. Was in there messing with one yesterday!
    So was I!

Just wanted to see if I could see the pixels. (I could :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s7ephi

Hi

Just wondered if you have ordered from apple.ie? if so what date was it ordered and when was it dispatched?

Dispatch times currently say 2 weeks and just wondered if this was accurate or if apple were just covering themselves and i should risk ordering for christmas??

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I ordered from Apple.ie on the 30th and despite it saying 2 weeks delivery, they actually attempted delivery today but there was nobody in so they are delivering tomorrow instead so that's a 5 day turnaround despite initially saying it would be the 20th December

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Saw them in Currys/PC World in Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Saw them in Currys/PC World in Liffey Valley.

Yes, but did they have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭McGrath5

robertxxx wrote: »
    That's right, no fecking mini's at all.

All shops I phoned don't have any and don't know when they will have them in, that's just incredible! Apple.ie can't delivery untill after Christmas! Ireland really gets the **** end of the stick when it comes to foreign shops operating in Ireland.

In fairness, from reading on MacRumors, there is hardly any to be had in the UK.

Sent from my iPad Mini

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Currys at the Jervis centre had a coupe of 16gb black minis in stock today (wanted a different size).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I didn't ask anyone in the shop but there's a place in the Dundrum shopping centre that is some sort of Apple Re-seller and seems to have nothing but Apple products. They have demo iPad mini's but I've no idea if they have any in stock.

Might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

G-Money wrote: »
    I didn't ask anyone in the shop but there's a place in the Dundrum shopping centre that is some sort of Apple Re-seller and seems to have nothing but Apple products. They have demo iPad mini's but I've no idea if they have any in stock.

Might be worth checking out.

It's called compuB. There are a couple around.

***edit, couple of compuB's, i mean. Not mini's****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Compub do not have any in stock, but you should be able to make a order for one, whether you get it before Christmas is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

just an update for people who ordered an ipad mini online, purchased a white 16gb with a pink cover for the missus on the 30th november. Initiall it said 2 weeks with an estimated delivery date of the 30th of decmeber?!?. Got a text and email saturday night that these will be delivered before the 20th of december.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

My sister is looking for one, but everywhere seems to be out if stock....need one from the man with the beard ;-) anyone know where they can be gotten??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Payton wrote: »
    My sister is looking for one, but everywhere seems to be out if stock....need one from the man with the beard ;-) anyone know where they can be gotten??

www.apple.ie still say they will be shipped within 2 weeks so chances are you will get one on time from their.
    Apple usually overestimate their shipping times in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Ordered a 16GB black wifi Mini on the 03/12. Got email notification this morning (10/12) that its shipped! Only a week between order and shipping when the site said 'ships in 2 weeks' and I had a provisional delivery date of 20/12. Apple site says delivery should be by 14/12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks, but I don't think it could be worth the waiting she would prefare it in her hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have one on the way that should be delivered by the 14th too. As far as know apple wont deliver them by Christmas now. The last day has passed and if you order now they give you can expected date of January 2nd. You could chance it but no guarantees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Payton wrote: »
    Thanks, but I don't think it could be worth the waiting she would prefare it in her hand.

she can get one in January then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Girl from work ordered one on apple.com last Tuesday, quoted a shipping date of 21/12 but got an email today to say its been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

I've tried Waterford, wexford and kilkenny, nothing. Was in Dublin today and again nothing. Compu b in Grafton st did have a 32 and a 64 (think it was a 64) but too big for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Girl from work ordered one on apple.com last Tuesday, quoted a shipping date of 21/12 but got an email today to say its been shipped.

Think the shipping time depends solely on the iPad mini configeration.
    I ordered a 16GB white on the 28th of November and only just shipped
    from Shanghai!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steven t

I ordered a black 16g mini last wed night the 5th and got notification this morning its shipped and will be delivered by 17th so if anyone is really desperate for one I would chance buying today with apple, chances you will have it by next friday, hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mikealmadar

Ordered an iPad mini 16g on 6th Dec, delivery date 2nd Jan 2013. No update yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Advertisement