Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Catchy name for a charity

• 02-03-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm not sure I can post this here but I am sure someone will let me know soon enough if I cant!
    I am looking to help a friend who is setting up a charity. She really needs a name. The charity is going to be fundraising and donating to other charities that will be able to ensure the funds get sent straight to the cause.
    Hope you marketing experts can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>The charity is going to be fundraising and donating to other charities

I would call that a Scam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm no marketing expert but robin hood stole from the rich to give to the poor so maybe something like "The stealing-from-the rich-to-give-to-the-poor foundation" ... or "The Robin Hood Foundation" although foundation makes it sounds like the money would be going towards robin hood related causes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

Very productive - Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Bloodsucker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

First time I have come up against ignorance on boards....
    cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The idea would be that this new charity would give to other charities?
    Would they be in the one area or many? Children/development/illness/elderly etc.?

It's kind of hard to suggest anything without knowing a bit more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Charity is not meant to sound cool, it's supposed to mean something.

Noob-aire!! With a few euro you can help out the n00blets in the eternal fight of anti-pwnage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm a donator. Convince me why I should donate to your charity instead of my own favourite charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Dalas wrote:
    I'm not sure I can post this here but I am sure someone will let me know soon enough if I cant!
    I am looking to help a friend who is setting up a charity. She really needs a name. The charity is going to be fundraising and donating to other charities that will be able to ensure the funds get sent straight to the cause.
    Hope you marketing experts can help!

"Rising Tide"

(as in, through your donation you can lift ALL boats).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 orangen

The charity is going to be fundraising and donating to other charities
    This sounds like its actually gonna be one of those evil marketing companies that sends out chuggers onto our streets!

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

This sounds like its actually gonna be one of those evil marketing companies that sends out chuggers onto our streets!

AhHa!

Chuggersquad
    Chuggerforce
    Friendlychugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mattDL

Start off with the initials - I'd go for CASH, then think of what CASH could stand for (I've got as far as Charitable Aid S_____ H_______).

Then ask that all donations be made payable to CASH !!!! :D:D

A big :D:D:D for anyone who comes up with the most convincing name for a charity that uses these initials.

Advertisement