Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mens designer belts

• 14-04-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just wondering is there any websites or place in Ireland you can get men's designer belts for cheap , or even good replica belts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Define designer and cheap?

€80 or so will get you a hand made Anderson's woven belt in Brown Thomas or Harvey Nicks. Proper Italian style and craftsmanship.

Whatever you do, don't buy knock off or replica gear, there's decent stuff to fit most budgets. A store like Cos will have Scandi style for a smaller budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

I've 2 real Hermes, 1 gucci and 1 LV. I wouldn't buy fake, its not worth it and people will know if they're fake tbh. If its branded belts you're looking for save up and get a real one. If you don't want to break the bank but just want something good quality try Kildare Village etc or visit BT during a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rosalind151

Would you try ebay? Sorry if it is obvious, but i think they ve lots of that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I definitely wouldn't recommend that you buy fake belts. I imagine them looking like the real thing or being good quality. I'd highly recommend Hermes belts they are great quality and look great as for LV and Gucci I think they look quite tacky and tasteless.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't recommend that you buy fake belts. I imagine them looking like the real thing or being good quality. I'd highly recommend Hermes belts they are great quality and look great as for LV and Gucci I think they look quite tacky and tasteless.

I think anytime someone looks at that huge H on a belt, they wonder whether it is genuine or not and do all these character assessments. The culmination comes when they ask you: That belt is very nice, is it real? And that's just so awkward, cos either you feel that you're talking to someone who couldnt fathom forking out 400 euro for a belt, or else they think you buy things to pretend you are someone you are not.

I do agree about the patterned LV and Gucci stuff... They're not that classy to begin with and then I think the knock offs have really cheapened their brands.

Ferragamo make very nice belts. They are not as well known or obviously designer (though of course you can always get an understated Hermes or Gucci - without the screming insignia!)

• Advertisement

I think anytime someone looks at that huge H on a belt, they wonder whether it is genuine or not and do all these character assessments. The culmination comes when they ask you: That belt is very nice, is it real? And that's just so awkward, cos either you feel that you're talking to someone who couldn't fathom forking out 400 euro for a belt, or else they think you buy things to pretend you are someone you are not.

I do agree about the patterned LV and Gucci stuff... They're not that classy to begin with and then I think the knock offs have really cheapened their brands.

Ferragamo make very nice belts. They are not as well known or obviously designer (though of course you can always get an understated Hermes or Gucci - without the screming insignia!)

I've never had anyone question the legitimacy of my Hermes belt and can't imagine anyone every doing so. I've had people compliment me on it and tell me they have the same one but that is all.

I think LV choose to move the brand in a certain direction by plastering their monogram on everything and anything and this really cheaped their brand not that I ever thought the monogram was that nice anyway. I think they have started to move away from the monogram so well see how that goes for them. As for Gucci I've never really been a fan of what they make.

Ferragamo are well enough known and but I don't really like that buckle design at all.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I've never had anyone question the legitimacy of my Hermes belt and can't imagine anyone every doing so. I've had people compliment me on it and tell me they have the same one but that is all.

You must have far more refined friends than me :) I think you are right about designers changing, esp LV - their new stuff is way nicer. Hermes have significantly diversified their line of late (fine jewellery, fashionable shoes, etc) and not to their advantage. But a Hermes belt is great investment regardless, OP! :)

You must have far more refined friends than me :) I think you are right about designers changing, esp LV - their new stuff is way nicer. Hermes have significantly diversified their line of late (fine jewellery, fashionable shoes, etc) and not to their advantage. But a Hermes belt is great investment regardless, OP! :)

I think its actually really interesting when you look at the development of different brands. Especially when you compare LV to Goyard who originally would have been competitors but LV went down a different route while Goyard kept the exclusivity and remained relatively unknown they still don't sell online even. As for Hermes diversification I think time will tell whether it was a good move for them, personally I think some of the homewares look great as for some of the shoes and clothes not so much.

Advertisement