Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70% off Wenger Luggage at Tesco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Looks like you should really be getting some endorsement fees from Tesco! (even if they are they are being a little less than honest, since what you were talking about is not quite the same):

212539.jpg

(ad in Sunday Times 8/7/2012)

That's misleading, alright. "Boards.ie" is not a... reviewing entity. Should have credited "random Boards.ie forum poster" - but that doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Surely they're in violation of some sort of advertising trading standards rule.
    - did they get permission to use the "poster's" quote from the poster / boards.ie
    - surely they need to attribute the quote to the poster and boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

funny there's no irish ebay sellers for vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hahaha Tesco snooping on my threads now, need to be careful, might end up misquoted in the paper the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

If checkout girl refuses me extra tokens I am going to threaten her with a bad write up on boards.ie... that'll show her:pac:

• Advertisement

Are you going to fed her kids if she's fired?

(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hows the backpack? I am gonna head up tomorrow and grab either the messenger bag or the backpack. For cycling I need the backpack to allow some air flow on my back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

PeWu79 wrote: »
    Will they be accepted in Tesco Ireland as they look slightly different?

I used a combination of Irish and English vouchers and had no problems but they are quite different front and back. The girl just counted them and threw them into the space below the cash register.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stage01

RedRebel wrote: »
    Absolutely bizz. It's nice to be nice.

Yep its definitely nice to be nice, got 12 coupons on a €25 spend

Picked up the 18" suitcase, perfect carry on bag for ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

There is a golden coupon in the recent Tesco leaflet that is worth 10 regular coupons and allows you to get your favourite luggage at 70% discount.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

PeWu79 wrote: »
    There is a golden coupon in the recent Tesco leaflet that is worth 10 regular coupons and allows you to get your favourite luggage at 70% discount.

Where could I get one of these? I did €50 worth of shopping in Tesco today despite usually being a Lidl man myself. I thought the tokens were 1 for €10 but only got 2 unfortunately and need to get some decent luggage, my old trusty argos el-crappo case is finished after bursting the ZIP this year in Malaysia. I got 80,000 airmiles out of that case and whilst it was not great quality it worked well and this Tesco case looks like the right job if I could get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

I got it with other leaflets, flyers and post the other day. I believe you may find them in stores as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Stinicker wrote: »
    Where could I get one of these? I did €50 worth of shopping in Tesco today despite usually being a Lidl man myself. I thought the tokens were 1 for €10 but only got 2 unfortunately and need to get some decent luggage, my old trusty argos el-crappo case is finished after bursting the ZIP this year in Malaysia. I got 80,000 airmiles out of that case and whilst it was not great quality it worked well and this Tesco case looks like the right job if I could get it.

It's on the inside of this weeks Tesco brochure that's at the door as you walk in most Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Evening,
    Have a look on Adverts.ie, several kind people offering the for FREE, just pay postage to cover their cost.
    Last two purchases this week and I'm done.
    And I agree with previous poster, a smile to the girl on the checkout when asked if your collecting them works wonders, always get at least double what I should get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

18" case seems to be rare, picked up the last unit in Tesco Navan yesterday evening so now fully kitted out. The wash bag is a handy accessory as well.
    Anyone know how this deal is going for Tesco seeing as they extended it till September

The cases are selling at about 3 pallets a day. The rucksak is the most popular, its usually sold out before the next delivery. Met a few mums buying the rucksac as a school bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Looks like you should really be getting some endorsement fees from Tesco! (even if they are they are being a little less than honest, since what you were talking about is not quite the same):

<image>

(ad in Sunday Times 8/7/2012)

Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

We'll be getting in touch with them about it today.

Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

Demand a free set of cases for everyone in the audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hello all,

Tesco certainly has a case to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone used the 18" on a Ryan air flight yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hello all,

Thanks Dav

I'm pretty distressed about this whole thing, how a huge and reputable company such as Tesco can print a comment i made (without permission) and attribute it to BOARDS.IE as a whole.

I do most of my shopping in Tesco and this has really put me off.

Hoping something comes from this, keep us informed

Went in to purchase one of these this evening and was disappointed with the size of the 24" case, it is just simply too small for long haul I think. Fine for a week in the canaries etc. but too small for a jaunt to South East Asia or Australia etc. The cases are to me very good quality but as I tend to travel long haul more frequently not what I was looking for. The cabin baggage is nice for Ryanair but I tend to avoid that excuse for an airline anyway.

There was no tokens in the Tesco Magazine either unless it was in last weeks edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

km79 wrote: »

Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....

LAWL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

chris85 wrote: »
    Hows the backpack? I am gonna head up tomorrow and grab either the messenger bag or the backpack. For cycling I need the backpack to allow some air flow on my back.

Got the backpack the other day for carrying the laptop and stuff into work on my motorbike.
    I must say while it's certainly a smaller and less featuresque version of the ones for €60 and €70 and the stated RRP of €50 seems rather optimistic it's a great rucksack for €15 and it sits and feels nice while riding around.
    Good quality with really good zips and overall it looks like a well made rucksack. No cheapy feel about it at all, quite the opposite, but I can't comment on how they compare to the more expensive Wenger products. For me it's a keeper. Will get either the holdall or one of the trolley bags too, really like them for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?

Picked this up today http://www.tesco.com/direct/wenger-18-trolley/770-9172.prd...very good quality...I wouldn't worry about the 2cm theres a pocket on the front so leave that empty and you should be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Yes . . and it was fine . . Although it is a little bigger than the Ryanair dimensions, it is soft and flexible enough so that you can still fit in the measuring thingy !

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Thanks eringobragh and hallelujajordan for your replies. Heading in now to buy one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Received one of the 24" suitcases yesterday from Tesco as compensation for my distress at them using my post in that advert.

Nice case so it is :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement