Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ryanair going to charge due to spanish tax increase

• 15-04-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

just got this today from ryanair, now i have this flight booked with about 2 months and now they are saying the spanish government are putting taxes up. is this allowed ??

Ryanair has been advised by the Spanish Government of a budgetary proposal to increase airport charges later this month.

In accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Travel* we are advising customers with a reservation that includes a flight departing from a Spanish airport that we may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date.

Once the Spanish government budget is published Ryanair will advise affected passengers by email of any additional airport charges that may apply to your reservation before any charges are made.

Please see our website for updates regarding increases in Spanish airport charges.

Yours sincerely

Ryanair Customer Service

• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shanek320

You pay your money you takes your chances!

BTW whatever you do make sure you print out your boarding card hours (x3) before your flight. You'll be amazed at the tricks that shower will use to get your €'s......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Well in fairness it is not ryanairs fault that the spanish are upping there tax.

From what I have read online (very sketchy) the increase is going to be minimal and work about at about a euro or two.

By the way I'm in the same boat I booked 2 months ago and am flying in 3 weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I got the same email myself today. Absolute joke, I might as well head back down to the Topaz and pay them as the price has gone up by 2 cent since I filled up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I got the same email myself today. Absolute joke, I might as well head back down to the Topaz and pay them as the price has gone up by 2 cent since I filled up.

Well since topaz already sold you the fuel there is no other cost to them but in this situation ryanair are being charged more and pass it on to the customer which you agreed too when you booked your flight (read the TOS)

Also if taxes were reduced you would be fully entitled to receive a refund on the difference.

All in all this will only affect the outbound flight from Spain not the inbound one and even then it will only be a euro or 2 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

It's in the T+Cs you agree to when you book. Aer Lingus, British Airways and I imagine pretty much every airline have the same clause.

I'd imagine petrol stations would implement similar conditions if you typically ordered petrol from them months in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

How much will this tax cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Madrid is the highest with €9.12 then Barca at €8.95. No other airports go over €2 mark.

Advertisement