Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an IPhone in the US for use in Ireland !!

• 03-11-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I am heading over to the States this week and I am thinking of buying an IPhone, can someone tell me will it work when I return to Ireland or will I have problems !!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ahhh i think this is the wrong forum

you might have better luck here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

moved from Games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

There's a big 3G iphone thread where this question has been answered many times.

Short answer is no - the stores in the US will look for you to sign a contract and will not let you out of the store without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Mickey Blu wrote: »
    Hi there, I am heading over to the States this week and I am thinking of buying an IPhone, can someone tell me will it work when I return to Ireland or will I have problems !!
    Cheers

Straight out of the box - no it won't. You will need a SIM adaptor to 'unlock' the simlock. See here. I have used one of these for months now without issue whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Has anyone got one working on the three network. And if so with what method ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement