Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice needed on Kitchen Remodel

• 15-10-2018 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Morning All,
    So its time to replace the kitchen and need a bit of advice. I have taken my measurements and fed into the ikea kitchen planner and got a very good idea of what we are after. We dont have a massive kitchen so want to use the space we have well.

As well as the main cupboards etc being replaced we want to also do the following

- Pain all walls/skirts etc
    - Remove existing tiles on wall and replace with new
    - tile over the existing floor. Current is a stone tile perfect condition nothing broken..

In what order should this happen,

1) Removal of existing cupboards etc...
    2) ?
    3)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Is it your own house or looking remodelling for a rented house kitchen? Actually, after knowing this, I will advise you in a better manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

They're hardly fitting a new kitchen for a landlord :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    They're hardly fitting a new kitchen for a landlord :confused:
    :D

yea its own own place, to be honest i got a full kitchen remodel top to bottom for 7k from IKEA including floor and wall tiles. quality is fantastic, fitters were brilliant and could not be happier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Remove old cupboards
    Remove old wall tiles
    Fit new carcass (leave doors off)
    Finish off wall tiles
    Fit doors
    Finish floor tiles
    Paint walls and skirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

stoneill wrote: »
    Remove old cupboards
    Remove old wall tiles
    Fit new carcass (leave doors off)
    Finish off wall tiles
    Fit doors
    Finish floor tiles
    Paint walls and skirting.

At what point are the kick boards being fitted?
    OP you may have take a bit off the doors also

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

OP's workmen have been and gone and they're happy out....

Someone responded to a year old post and everyone else followed in behind (including me :) )

Advertisement