Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Top up is required if you are using a Vodafone sim and want to stay on whatever pay as you go offer they have you on (an offer is something like topup by 20 and you get unlimited calls texts and data but they take the 20 from your credit). If you are not on a offer and are just a Vodafone PAYG customer then no topup required for 6 months (they will block you making calls after 6 months of not topping up). If phone is unlocked, then you can put a sim from another network in the phone and no longer topup with Vodafone.

Ok, so they won't send the boys round to look for the 20 euros?
    Great!!

One more potentially stoopid question.. are Huawei out of the woods yet or are the yanks still scared of them? ie: would the P30 lite still be getting android updates and new whatsapp versions a year from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Was planning to go for the P30 lite, but worried that some things might not be available in the future,Play Store being one of them. Wondering if the problems around Huawei are bringing down price of their phones. Anyone agree?

Think i'll go for the A40 instead,

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

LowOdour wrote: »
    Was planning to go for the P30 lite, but worried that some things might not be available in the future,Play Store being one of them. Wondering if the problems around Huawei are bringing down price of their phones. Anyone agree?

I was also very tempted to go with the Huawei but now it's all out of stock. Do you reckon Google will pull support from Huawei in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

How much ram does the lite have, 8gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LowOdour wrote: »

I was also very tempted to go with the Huawei but now it's all out of stock. Do you reckon Google will pull support from Huawei in the future?

You'll be grand, it was all Google flexing their muscles after a bit of pressure from Trump to squeeze the chinese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

ronano wrote: »
    How much ram does the lite have, 8gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

Got my a20e today despite the fact that the tracking was showing up as cancelled. It's locked so will need to get a code on eBay for around €12

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

webpal wrote: »
    Got my a20e today despite the fact that the tracking was showing up as cancelled. It's locked so will need to get a code on eBay for around €12

How long from order placed till delivery
    The status of mine went from being processed , to preparing for dispatch and now back to being processed .I ordered on Tuesday evening .Did u just use an unused SIM to place the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

ballybro wrote: »
    The status of mine went from being processed , to preparing for dispatch and now back to being processed .I ordered on Tuesday evening .Did u just use an unused SIM to place the order.

you can get all phone in the shop excl the Google one, got my P30 lite in the shop even all sold out on line.

anyone can share a bit info or link how to unluck P30 lite ( had never done before)

ballybro wrote: »

I ordered Tuesday night. I just got a sim from eir. I got the same status updates as you but it arrived earlier.

• Advertisement

you2008 wrote: »

anyone can share a bit info or link how to unluck P30 lite ( had never done before)

Just search p30 unlock code on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

anyone know where you can pick up a free sim instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

swervring wrote: »
    anyone know where you can pick up a free sim instore?

Maybe one of the stores selling Lyca sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

GBX wrote: »
    Maybe one of the stores selling Lyca sims.

Lyca sims not allowed....no free sim in store....order one online from eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Motormadcork

Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭djan

Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.

Having used them here and there in the past they do work. Look for sellers with at least 1k+ recent positive ratings. Some also offer refunds if you record the code not working so I would use those.

Also use ebay.co.uk site as you get better terms of purchase to claim back through if it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Is there any way to permanently cancel a port if you buy one of these phones at the porting price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭flexcon

Is there any way to permanently cancel a port if you buy one of these phones at the porting price?

You can always port back again

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mick8

All three phones discounted by 100 when porting showing back in stock online..

flexcon wrote: »
    You can always port back again

Ok, but I meant before porting in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You'd likely have to request a port off Vodafone. Which theyd unlikely do as you would be expected to have a minimum spend of credit before they oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just order a free sim from eir and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭piplip87

If your buying an Eir SIM to do this offer. You need to it up and use it for a day or two.

Confirmed by the nice fella in the VF shop. Said he had a good few rejected but when topped up and used for a day they went ok

piplip87 wrote: »
    If your buying an Eir SIM to do this offer. You need to it up and use it for a day or two.

Confirmed by the nice fella in the VF shop. Said he had a good few rejected but when topped up and used for a day they went ok

Without unlocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

piplip87 wrote: »

Find that hard to believe unless it's something they've just implemented today. Someone on Adverts already selling 4 Pixel 3As he sourced from Vodafone so don't think he had 4 active sim cards to dispose off.

How would Vodafone monitor activity such as top ups and usage on competitors networks anyway. As far as I'm aware the only means of verifying that a number exists is they send you a text number on the number you're looking to port which you have to enter upon purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

You just need to have the eir SIM in a phone to receive the port code from Vodafone, you don't need to have ever used it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You just need to have the eir SIM in a phone to receive the port code from Vodafone, you don't need to have ever used it

Yep, to receive the porting code but it's possible that Eir reject porting requests on SIMs that have never been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, to receive the porting code but it's possible that Eir reject porting requests on SIMs that have never been used.

Doesn't matter. Vodafone are definitely not checking sims. Put mine in phone for first time five mins before ordering and never topped up. All the cancellations seem to be for multiple orders.

I received eir sim in Tuesday, bought A20E straight away. Didn't need to top up. That said I ordered sim online, OP refers to buying a sim, suggesting it was bought in a shop. Its Vodafone sending the code, not sure if eir could block it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

I ordered the a20e the other day with spare Tesco sim I had lying around. Phone arrived today . I was impressed that it was dual sim and had slot of SD card on top of that . It was locked to Vodafone but bought unlocking code from unlock.ie for 18 euro. if anyone does decide to buy their unlocking code you just need to put in the phones first imei when requesting it. The code they send back unlocks both sim slots . All in all unlocked dual sim phone for 67.99 euro is fantastic value . Cheers OP

Advertisement