Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭mikekerry

At the bottom of the Alexa amazon app there are the options home, communicate, play, devices.
    Is it one of these I elect to communicate the firestick option?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mikekerry wrote: »
    At the bottom of the Alexa amazon app there are the options home, communicate, play, devices.
    Is it one of these I elect to communicate the firestick option?

communicate

got this also, didn't need it but I'm sure I'll get some use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

The chat help are clueless :D

Me: I'm getting an error on my phone which says “I’m sorry but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account. If you’d like to switch languages, go to Settings in the Alexa app, select your device, and then select Language.”
    Chat: Can I have your Echo serial number
    Me: I don't have one, I'm using a phone
    Chat: You need to have an Echo device linked to your phone
    Me: Really? Can you link me to the documentation on this?
    Chat: You need to change the language to English on your phone app menu
    Me: How do I do this. I don't see any option?
    Chat: May I ask if you are in Ireland
    Me: No, I'm in the UK currently but from Ireland originally. English is my primary language
    Chat: I'll update your account settings

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭seanin4711

deco72 wrote: »
    Press the Alexa button at the bottom of the app screen and say "Alexa I want to buy Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K ultra" that will add it to your amazon basket. Go to checkout on the amazon app and the discount will be applied.

This will also work for an Amazon Echo Show 5 which gets reduced to £49.99, again go to app and say "Alexa I want to buy Alexa Echo Show 5 Black/White"

pressed alexa button and no option for phone to receive a message

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

Thanks op. I'd wanted to get one for ages as it's always the recommended one for Kodi etc.
    Missus is buying a tv and I wanted to get her one also but seems it only works for one.
    If I can cast easily I'll give her my Chromecast and set her up on her phone with some apps.
    I was tempted to wait until Friday to see if there's a general sale but at this stage I pulled the trigger on one to test.

Fixed language issue in Amazon.com settings. I had to reassign to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Cheers ordered one there for Home TV..

Just wondering is it only the Fire TV and Echo Show 5 you can get at a discount price by asking Alexa?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I reckon these will be sold at this price during Black Friday, this is probably just an advance sale for those with Alexa setup.

Is this the same 4K stick as sold last year or is the "Ultra" version a new model?

I take it Kodi can still be installed no prob?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

mrcheez wrote: »
    I reckon these will be sold at this price during Black Friday, this is probably just an advance sale for those with Alexa setup.

Is this the same 4K stick as sold last year or is the "Ultra" version a new model?

I take it Kodi can still be installed no prob?

This is the version I got from it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079QB9BD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also scratch my above message i found the link that shows the discounts with alexa:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=12469013031

EDIT: Yeah they probably will be same price for Black Friday deal but I believe they sold out during Amazon week (or at least didn't have stock for weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Thanks OP...Just ordered one using the Alexa app..Worked without a bother... Delivery via AddressPal.

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Thanks OP...Just ordered one using the Alexa app..Worked without a bother... Delivery via AddressPal.

no option to hail alexa on my app.

• Advertisement

kenyard wrote: »
    Thanks op. I'd wanted to get one for ages as it's always the recommended one for Kodi etc.
    Missus is buying a tv and I wanted to get her one also but seems it only works for one.
    If I can cast easily I'll give her my Chromecast and set her up on her phone with some apps.
    I was tempted to wait until Friday to see if there's a general sale but at this stage I pulled the trigger on one to test.

Fixed language issue in Amazon.com settings. I had to reassign to UK.

can you please walk though were you went to change language options.
    been on amazon chat for over an hour with 4 different people.
    feel like thats a rouse to get you to pay full price

seanin4711 wrote: »
    no option to hail alexa on my app.

If you tap the light blue circle in the centre bottom, you will hear a bleep sound and an X appears.. You can now speak into the microphone.

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    If you tap the light blue circle in the centre bottom, you will hear a bleep sound and an X appears.. You can now speak into the microphone.

when i tap alexa icon weather is in F and no bottom toolbar as in your pic.
    xiaomi phone

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

If you purchase £50 gift card you could also be entitled to £6 credit.

For those who haven't purchased a gift card in the previous 36 months.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11301518031

seanin4711 wrote: »
    when i tap alexa icon weather is in F and no bottom toolbar as in your pic.
    xiaomi phone

Maybe reinstalling the app might work!!
    I tried it on Monday and couldn't get it working, reinstalled it today and it works fine..Alexa could be temperamental :-)

dmc17 wrote: »
    The chat help are clueless :D

Me: I'm getting an error on my phone which says “I’m sorry but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account. If you’d like to switch languages, go to Settings in the Alexa app, select your device, and then select Language.”
    Chat: Can I have your Echo serial number
    Me: I don't have one, I'm using a phone
    Chat: You need to have an Echo device linked to your phone
    Me: Really? Can you link me to the documentation on this?
    Chat: You need to change the language to English on your phone app menu
    Me: How do I do this. I don't see any option?
    Chat: May I ask if you are in Ireland
    Me: No, I'm in the UK currently but from Ireland originally. English is my primary language
    Chat: I'll update your account settings

:pac:

I'm getting same message as above. I changed the settings to UK on my amazon account, Alexa app and still same message.
    Hopefully they might be on sale Friday

I'm getting same message as above. I changed the settings to UK on my amazon account, Alexa app and still same message.

On chat an hour and half with 4 different people useless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Thanks OP, ordered to Parcel Motel, got extra £5 off for installing the Amazon shopping app.

I've installed the app but don't seem to be getting an extra 5 off. Is there something I need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

I changed my settings too and it didn't work but once the customer service agent updated my location it worked immediately

and you updated location to uk?
    would you have a number handy for them?
    thanks

• Advertisement

So I asked Alexa this morning ... "Add fire tv 4K"... and it worked... but now I need to find which of the 20 Amazon accounts I have that it was added to!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mrcheez wrote: »
    So I asked Alexa this morning ... "Add fire tv 4K"... and it worked... but now I need to find which of the 20 Amazon accounts I have that it was added to!

Can't you check with Alexa what account it's linked to via an app on your phone like you can with Google home?

Can't you check with Alexa what account it's linked to via an app on your phone like you can with Google home?

Not sure. I checked the App and it says the Echo is Registered to my name, but doesn't say the email.

All my amazon accounts are in my name.

Ah I'll just log into the most used ones and see what's in the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

I had same problem, but the lads in the chat help, changed my account from .com to .co.uk and it worked fine then. Now it took them over two hours and 8 people to do it but it got done( the previous 7 didnt have a clue what to do, last lad did it in 2 mins and all was sorted)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone remember how to change your Amazon video account to the UK one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks OP just collected from Parcel Motel this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone remember how to change your Amazon video account to the UK one?

I think you need to contact Amazon directly. Just changing the setting does not seem to work. I neededto get onto them in chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Glebee wrote: »
    I think you need to contact Amazon directly. Just changing the setting does not seem to work. I neededto get onto them in chat.

I think I changed my default address and device location to UK before contacting CS last time I did it. Does that still need to be done? This is for a friend but it's been a while since I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wheety wrote: »
    I think I changed my default address and device location to UK before contacting CS last time I did it. Does that still need to be done? This is for a friend but it's been a while since I did it.

I think so. I done it last week. Changed all the settings locally but could not get Prime to work on Firestick. It worked on phone, PC, labtop, etc but not Firestick.
    Had to tell customer service I had recently moved to UK and they changed something on my account. You do need a UK payment card though. I set up a Revoult account and linked to my Amazon. They give you a virtual card.

Theres a thread here to keep on topic, loads of Amazon Prime advice for setting up.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771671&page=60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well that was easy. Thanks op

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement