Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warning : Fri 30th / Sat 31st Aug 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

pauldry wrote: »
    Athenry latest rain for August 270mm

Do you mind sending me a link so I can see that? Met.ie report seems to be a day behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Sunny spells in Cork City with some clouds around, bit of a breeze but warm in the sun. We are meant to get some rain during the night, but looks like ME were spot on about the warnings (well by removing us anyway)

Limerick as well as Cork has been removed from status yellow rainfall warning by Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Carol25 wrote: »
    Wow that is a huge amount of rainfall, I’m hoping Athenry doesn’t break any records this August. If the rainfall keeps up at this pace, the only outcome I can see is flooding..

It will not break the record, but it is still an exceptional amount of rain for the month there.

Flood warnings out now for Mayo, mainly around the river Deel but also the rest of the county.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after about an hour of drizzle during lunch time, it's starting to brighten up here now at Dunshaughlin, with a few very faint glimses of hazy sunshine breaking through and temperature of 19C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Henrik Huge Shortchange

After initial downpours in Tralee it's been a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A LEVEL 3 alert for flooding has been issued for Crossmolina due to heavy rainfall and high water levels in the River Deel and a Level 2 alert has been issued for the rest of County Mayo.

The alerts are in place for today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday).

Mayo County Council urge the public to remain vigilant during the duration of the warning and it is important that people within the affected areas are prepared appropriately for the anticipated rainfall totals with 30 – 50 mm expected.

There is a possibility that weather warnings can be extended or deteriorated conditions last longer than anticipated.

Once the weather warning has passed, please remain vigilant and exercise caution as the effects of the weather can last longer.

Mayo County Council will provide updated information on their social media channels where appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Limerick as well as Cork has been removed from status yellow rainfall warning by Met Eireann.

Yeah, thats why I said they were spot on about the warnings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

Still not a single drop of rain here in South beara coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suns out here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely afternoon here, sunny and warm. No rain today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Fairly nice afternoon in Limerick city. Still mostly cloudy but the temperature according to my car is 22⁰C.

• Fizzles out a bit according to the latest HIRLAM run in the early evening, then a reload along the West coast towards midnight. whole lot pushing through then in the early hours.

hirlamuk-1-4-0_uzp0.png
    hirlamuk-1-10-0_tzu5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

10.2mm in West Clare, but dry for the last hour and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Do you mind sending me a link so I can see that? Met.ie report seems to be a day behind.
    You can add up the hourly totals from the link below at Athenry with the monthly data.

https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/observations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes that what i did. You told me that before sryan.

It must be 280mm now.

Busy last few hours.

Sligo town is over 190mm now by my rain gauge

Cant believe wer boasting about rain in August

At least wel get a heatwave in October now since this is October

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    273.7mm at an older station in the area.
    Record broken. Up to 278.2mm as of 1600 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

21 mm so far today in SW donegal

The rain eased off a bit in the last hour in Castlebar, just under 25mm for the day with more to come and we have already broke the 200mm point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Awful day in Letterkenny once again, pouring down and getting heavier as the day goes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

23mm in NE Galway and it’s teaming down, just a typical day this summer round here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Rain not any heavier that what we normally get...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Record broken. Up to 278.2mm as of 1600 now.

Theyl obliterate it by tomorrow midnight.

Gwan the 300mm

Only 21.8mm to go and tomorrows showery too remember

For Athenry you can effectively say Galway city as theyr so close.....but you cant. As the day I was in Galway City it was 21c and sunny but there was a 5.4mm thunderstorm in Athenry..

Low lie the fields of Athenry

Where all the fields are swimming anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Kutebride

West must be getting right hammering.
    Last rain here today at 230pm.
    Currently dark and dull with a light breeze Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Nice day in North Co Dublin...

Gwan the 300mm

For Athenry you can effectively say Galway city as theyr so close.....but you cant. As the day I was in Galway City it was 21c and sunny but there was a 5.4mm thunderstorm in Athenry..

You know it's only the record for the station in Athenry and not the national record for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

No real rain here for the last 8 days, since 22nd August. It's been fairly sunny here for the last while - clouding up a bit now. It's quite breezy too. It reached a high of 20.6C an hour ago. That's over a week now since the high's been less than 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nice evening in north Dublin if a bit breezy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Next pulse of rain arriving in Galway now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Gwan the 300mm

It's about 20kms away.

Many days you see polar opposite weather. Wet and misty in the city, dry in Athenry or clear sunny day in Salthill/ Galway city and cloudy and dull in Athenry.

Advertisement