Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tracky's........nike-air max!!..JAAASSUUSS!

Options
  • 30-07-2004 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

one thing struck me when i was in town today....those fellas who walka round in all tracksuit type clothes.... nike air max etc.....trying not to be sterotypical here but 'knackers!!'.....

Do girls actually go for that look anymore?.....in all fairness...the state of them ..god!

ive talked to alot of girls about this and they all think its a bit ofa turn off..

whatchas think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i don't really know what ya mean by nike air max.. but i like a man in a tracksuit bottoms and football jersey.. suppose its the sporty jock look i'm thinkin of..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

the runners....Nike air max....those huge imbedded plastic bubbled space shoes?..

costing around 300 yo-yo's?.......or even worse......they wear those really tight jeans and then the runners....they look huge on them...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It depends on the when/where it's worn.

I'm doing a sports science degree in uni. and a lot of my class mates will wear sports gear, tracksuit bottoms etc. to class. and that's fine as it's comofortable and allows us to do our lab/practical work with minimum fuss.

However the guys you see around town going about their "business" in tracksuits, baseball caps etc. is quite a turn off. Many of them don't carry themselves particularly well and I suppose it's an unfortunate stereotype but many of 'em seem to be kind of "skangery" not a "style" I'm particularly a fan of :)

yea..ill agree with ya there amz :).....

ill have to admit..in my younger years....i loved wearing trackys etc...but i was only due because i wanted to fit in....like everyone has at one stage..

now...im more skate boardery.....but i still dress up alot too......im way more comfortable with this look and its more neutral!..

but some of the 'howarya' girls are just as bad..lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Often wondered, it the rest of us (despite ourselves) look to girls in magazines, tv, movies ect. for our inspiration in terms of hair and make-up and generally don't look the same as we did ten years ago, then why do you see these 'ladies' in air max, tracksuit bottoms shining like the sun, big creole earings and soveirgns, perms with wetlook gel. WHERE do they get their inspiration from ? And they're everywhere !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

they all look so stupid and unoriginal
    I was waiting for a bus the other day and saw a gang of about 5 knackers, 3 of them had the same scumbag blue jumper with white stripes and 2 had them fake burberry caps LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can honestly say that I've never owned a full tracksuit. I do have jogpants for the gym, but that's the extent of it.

What I fail to get is the fortune that these so-called "welfare" people spend on their clothes. A Nike tracksuit can be easily E100, not to mention the shoes.

welfare 'lol'

yea...where do they get their inspiration from?

im wondering if it has to do alot with dance music?... :rolleyes:

as far as trackys go....i do love those cotten style hipster flairy types on girls...they're well sexy :)

mmmmmmmm :p ....but...does anyone agree with me on the tight jeans...huge air max thingy?

yea?....where do they get they're inspiration from?

dance music?...dunno :rolleyes:

i love those cotten hipstery Flairy trackys on girls thogh..very sexy

anyone else agree with me on the tight jeans and huige air max thingy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Might be a bit predujice here but i do put a tracksuit, shaved head & nike air max in the "knackers" category.. Fine when we were kids, even when i was a teenager i might wear a tracksuit in shopping on a saturday afternoon but when i see people my own age (early 20's) wearing tracksuits, going shoppin i just think knacker.

Don't go biting my head off but i think ye'll know what i mean.

Girls wearing the cotton hypster bottoms ala Juicy Couture is perfectly acceptable although I personally think that the velour version should be left to Jordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i don't think theres anything wrong with tracksuit bottoms going shopping or going down town.. depends how you wear it and with what.. also if worn with skanger hair and loads of jewellery does look bad, but then again so does everything..

think that look might be down to jlo and her ghetto image..

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Repli wrote:
    they all look so stupid and unoriginal
    I was waiting for a bus the other day and saw a gang of about 5 knackers, 3 of them had the same scumbag blue jumper with white stripes and 2 had them fake burberry caps LOL

Ever Been on the 46A? "Stupid" and "Unoriginal" describe nearly all the teenagers getting on that bus between deansgrange and UCD. Except instead of tracksuits and fake burberry its all hula hula skirts and blue checked shirts in the evenings or "nope" pants and rugby jerseys (with the collar up) for that elusive "Sports Casual" look.

Kids will be kids and they just want to fit in. Hence they go with what the crowd is wearing.

briano wrote:
    its all hula hula skirts and blue checked shirts in the evenings or "nope" pants and rugby jerseys (with the collar up) for that elusive "Sports Casual" look.
    'Nope' pants ?? Are you sure they didn't get on DunLaoire to Deansgrange ?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Yeah, but I'm always nervous about trying to spell "Dun Laoghaire". You do see a lot of them (nope pants) worn around these parts during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ugh, I know this is really prejudiced and all that crap, but I just hate that entire "fashion". With big massive hoop earrings and the tracksuits with zippies that barely even cover your stomach (what's the point in wearing it at all?), all that white and blue stripey crap, masses of orange foundation and yellow hair, etcetera. Talking about girls here, you may have noticed, 'cause whenever we have a non-uniform day for whatever reason in school this is all I see wherever I look. It's like they're all clones of each other, and I mean, if you're going to copy something... at least copy something that looks good. Sheesh.

Okay, little ranty thing over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Lainey wrote:
    i don't think theres anything wrong with tracksuit bottoms going shopping or going down town.. depends how you wear it and with what.. also if worn with skanger hair and loads of jewellery does look bad, but then again so does everything..

think that look might be down to jlo and her ghetto image..

Ya Lainey, you summed up what i was trying to say. There's nothing wrong with it just depends HOW you wear it.. Thanks. I couldnt get the words out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

mmm.. off topic but when I glanced up at the google ads on this thread what did i see for sale? NIKE AIR MAX

Sly bastards ;)

Advertisement