Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime £59 for a year.

• 11-07-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Amazon doing their usual in advance of Prime Day. Annual membership reduced to £59 (from £79) with all that goes with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can you stack these?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

New customers only? Still showing £79.00 for me when I change to annual subscription.

edit: Found the link and it worked. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

No luck for me.
    Available to new customers and those switching from monthly to annual plans only. After your first year, your Prime membership will renew for £79/year. Cancel anytime. Offer ends 16 July, 23:59PM BST

ElNino wrote: »
    No luck for me.

Are you already on a yearly sub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I had a quick look at the streaming content like The Expanse and some of it said "Not available in your location". Is this only useful for deliveries in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Cheers OP.
    I was paying monthly for prime so just paid the year membership for £59

adox wrote: »
    Are you already on a yearly sub?

Yes, from a previous €59 offer although I got it extended by a couple of months for complaints which I made for late deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Amazon doing their usual in advance of Prime Day. Annual membership reduced to £59 (from £79) with all that goes with it.

Thank you, had been paying monthly so snapped this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

dont know if signing up for a year on prime is a great idea at the minute as a no deal brexit would make stuff expensive with VAT and tarriffs applied come November.

• Advertisement

Bear in mind that if there is a hard Brexit on October 31st there will may be tariffs on purchases from Amazon UK thereafter. I can see myself using the mainland Europe Amazons a lot more going forward which unfortunately aren't covered by Prime UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

It's not a bad deal but I would not commit to 12 months of Prime until there is more clarity about Brexit.

If there is 'no deal', we might not be buying much from amazon.co.uk after Oct 31st....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Gulliver wrote: »
    I had a quick look at the streaming content like The Expanse and some of it said "Not available in your location". Is this only useful for deliveries in Ireland?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107931812

Tell 'em you're in the UK to sort out UK Prime Video content. Like I said, too easy.

Don't change your Irish addresses or anything.

I did think about Brexit but as I was paying £7.99 a month I thought it was certainly worth a roll of the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah brexit likely to play some role and still think Netflix is better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭MickH503

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107931812

Tell 'em you're in the UK to sort out UK Prime Video content. Like I said, too easy.

Don't change your Irish addresses or anything.

I just did this on chat ... they passed me on to "The Concern Department" who asked me where I was located, I said Belfast and they changed it straight away. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's not a bad deal but I would not commit to 12 months of Prime until there is more clarity about Brexit.

If there is 'no deal', we might not be buying much from amazon.co.uk after Oct 31st....

I only use it for their TV, not for the quicker deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Who does their Dublin deliveries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Who does their Dublin deliveries?

AnPost

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hmmmm just thinking, I subscribe to a channel on twitch, you get twitch prime with this don't you?

I'd literally cover my twitch costs with this alone (€5 x 12 = 60) with all the other benefits.....

Is there a downside to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great alert, had been on 30 day trial and delighted with £59.

Anywhere I can see the difference between Prime ROI and Prime UK TV?

Obviously UK Content>ROI content, but is there anything on ROI not on UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

RedXIV wrote:
    Is there a downside to this?

I've had it for the £59 for the past year, not found a downside, saved myself a fortune on different wee bits, also cancelled Netflix for a while and just used the Prime Video. As a previous poster said get on to customer service and tell them you're in Belfast, the UK version has much more content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Just had my region changed to UK. It took maybe a minute all in.

Cheers to the poster who mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Is there UK football on amazon prime this coming season?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Screenshot 2019-07-11 22.06.51.png

Im pretty sure the Boxing Day (St Stephens Day) games are on Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

If i was to sign up to this now , would there be an issue in asking to be changed to Belfast, say tomorrow through the online chat? Or would i have to wait through a cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    If i was to sign up to this now , would there be an issue in asking to be changed to Belfast, say tomorrow through the online chat? Or would i have to wait through a cooling off period.

I signed up an hour ago and just trying it now :D Will keep you posted

EDIT: done! signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭MickH503

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    I did it within an hour of signing up.

There are showing all 20 matches from 2 rounds of the Premier League in December

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=17025299031

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Going to sign up now thanks OP. How would I know if I'm on Ireland or UK settings before getting onto customer service.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement