Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

The toddler I babysat is now married.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Working with people born after Italia 90.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My age.
    Probably your age....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Working with people born after Italia 90.
    Working with people who were born after Wembley '66.

I does not help that pretty much everyone in my office falls into that category....

...except me of course

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of my first memories is watching the moon landing....live...on TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Retrospective threads on the 1990s...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110503051#post110503051

I worked on IT projects to fix the Milennium Bug.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote:
    I worked on IT projects to fix the Milennium Bug.

Thank you for your service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

The car I learned how to drive in is now considered a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Going to be teaching a son of a past pupil in September ... his Dad was a little divil all those years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    The batman film with Michael Keaton is 30 years old this year.

Now I'm depressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Queen will be 50 years next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

mad muffin wrote: »
    Queen will be 50 years next year.

Geez I'm older than Queen , wtf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People born after the 9/11 attacks are adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Was talking to a young fella in work about the TV show Chernobyl. He asked me did I remember much about when it actually happened. I was 2 years old when it happened. How old does that little dickhead think I am???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Beasty wrote: »
    Working with people who were born after Wembley '66.

I does not help that pretty much everyone in my office falls into that category....

...except me of course

This thread is sh!t that makes you feel old...not just reminders of how old you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The Jman wrote: »
    Was talking to a young fella in work about the TV show Chernobyl. He asked me did I remember much about when it actually happened. I was 2 years old when it happened. How old does that little dickhead think I am???

Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Seeing my son in his Garda uniform, seems only a short time ago he was holding my hand walking to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Strumms wrote: »
    As a 15 year old I was lucky enough to score match tickets to a few games in World Cup 94, including the famous Italy vs Ireland game. I found the photos the other night in a drawer and was just freaked out by how young we all looked. It didn’t seem THAT long ago but simple maths tells me it’s 25 years ago last week.

A third of a lifetime ago ! That’s a bit of a kick up the arse. It doesn’t seem that long ago.

Is it not almost two thirds of a lifetime ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

sugarman wrote: »
    ...almost ;)

I can't maths. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

xieann wrote: »
    Fidget Spinners. wtf? Still on sale at my local shopping centre celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year.

Now, in my day the day Coca Cola and Fanta yoyos ruled. There was even a super version see.

I remember this. OMG they were the best thing ever and all the tricks you could learn. Good Times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

When a sports star is regarded as a veteran, and you remember him/her making their debut.

Seeing a young fella making their debut, and being able to comment "Jaysus, if he's half as good as his father was, he'll be some player".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

I boarded a crowded bus in Churchtown recently after a visit to the dentist. I assume that my face looked a bit worn after a filling. As I walked down the aisle, quite happy to stand, a nice young girl stood up and offered me her seat. I thanked her and sat down, assuming she was getting off at the next stop, instead she stood beside me all the way to the City Centre where we both dismounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The Jman wrote: »
    The sad thing is i do remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My sons found a picture dated 1989 of me in an FCA uniform armed with ancient machine gun .

The two bastards wanted to know if I fought in the second world war and then pissed themselves laughing after I explained what the FCA was.

Grumbles "Should bring in conscription for young 'uns nowadays".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

20 year school reunion this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Sitting in on Saturday looking forward to seeing winning streak....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

mad m wrote: »
    Sitting in on Saturday looking forward to seeing winning streak....:pac:

Jaysus that's bad :) thought my young one turning 18 was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Bluebell woods

RIP.IE daily viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

NSAman wrote:
    I’m hoping they are not underwear

I had to do a quick mental check, but no.
    RIP.IE daily viewing

I have moved county & have been known to check local radio of where I grew up for deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Wearing a nappy again

Advertisement