Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Having to trim your nostril hairs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Scrolling down to find the year I was born when doing an online application.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When reception gives you an oap concession ticket without you even asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

boardie100 wrote: »
    Having to trim your nostril hairs
    That can come very early to some people! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When a young lad got up and offered me his seat on the bus a few years ago.
    He was lucky he didn’t get a thick ear.

• Advertisement

• Fidget Spinners. wtf? Still on sale at my local shopping centre celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year.

Now, in my day the day Coca Cola and Fanta yoyos ruled. There was even a super version, see.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Keeping things that will come in handy sometime.

Having no idea who any of the bands or artists are in the charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The taoiseach being three years younger than me. I shouldn't be older than politicians.

Having nephews in their thirties that are going bald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Hugo Incalculable Union

Woke up on Sunday and was enjoying laying in bed, then remembered a geranium that had been looking like it might flower and that I'd repotted something else and got all excited and jumped out of bed to go and look at them.

Getting excited about new socks.

Getting excited about having new cleaning products to use and how they might compare to the ones I've previously used.

Setting my alarm and seeing that I have more than 8.5 hours in which to sleep and my brain reacting like I've won the lotto.

Life's still very exciting, it just would have seemed boring to 18 year old me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

When I see soccer stars that I'm the same age as like Roy Keane. I forget I'm as old as he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A guy started last week in work. He's 2 years younger than my daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Talking about great films and I mention Pulp fiction, Shawshank, Braveheart and Terminator 2 to the guy beside me and he says they were all made before I was born.. and hes earning the sames wages as me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

is_that_so wrote: »
    When you realise how old your email address is!:o

****, there's people in my office younger than my email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

The batman film with Michael Keaton is 30 years old this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

When my 17 year old nieces genuinely didn't know what a phonebox was. They are smart girls but I had to explain to them that there was a time when when I would tell my girlfriend that I would phone her at 8pm on Friday evening and I'd make my way to the end of the street to the nearest phonebox at 7.50. They were intrigued lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I reckon I have clothes older than some of the kids in work.

Shopping around for insurance prices, being responsible about getting car services done on time, buying household essentials in bulk, being in bed at a reasonable time on weeknights, spending weeks deliberating on the style of dinner service to buy, keeping spare bulbs in a special basket on the shelf, never forgetting to fill the car up on a Sunday for the week, checking my partner has taken his multivitamin because he usually forgets.

Being sensible makes me feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

My spotify stats...

I listen to dead people

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

People snigger when I take out my flask and sandwiches at half-time at GAA matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The fact that the Inbetweeners has been out of production for nearly 9 years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

When your music app suggests you might like Def Leppard, and I think "yesssss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

1999 being 20 years ago.

What... the... fuq?!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

When I'm sitting on the toilet for a lot longer than I used to, that's the kind of sh1t that makes me feel old....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

1999 being 20 years ago.

What... the... fuq?!

That's when I finished secondary school. In fairness, I was only 16 at the time but still, it's 20 years ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Discovering that someone you went to school with is now a granny. At 38 .....

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Stone Roses debut album is 30 years old. !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Discovering that someone you went to school with is now a granny. At 38 .....
    Oh god yeah - granny born in the 80s!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Explaining to people you work with that when you started working a fax machine was a new invention....that you actually had a operate a telex machine.

(and still a lot more than 10 years to go until retirement)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I reckon I have clothes older than some of the kids in work.

I’m hoping they are not underwear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

peasant wrote: »
    Explaining to people you work with that when you started working a fax machine was a new invention....that you actually had a operate a telex machine.

(and still a lot more than 10 years to go until retirement)

Ever used a one-handed mechanical 12-key card punch? Good times.

product-105417.jpg

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement