Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Trouble with your TV ?

Gaago stream poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Looking I said this all week and half time
    And it went exactly as I thought
    Never said ye don't have a hope in fact this is great for ye and mcgrath deserves credit yes but there is a big difference to beat cork who clear as day were lethargic with no hunger and I said this would happen as I know exactly what cork training was like the last two week

Yes talk was cork wanted it but look June will see a different cork
    If ye can improve more fair enough but have no doubt cork have a score to settle in June and that's one they wanted
    Ye won the battle but it's the war cork want

I only lurk here but you talk some serious amount of passive-aggressive, condescending, 'dressed-up-to-look-like-a-compliment' waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

That was just exhilarating. Jesus Christ, we're the real deal, aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

deiseach wrote: »

You call a league title the real deal. Get over yerself. That attitude from most is exactly why Im predicting the complacency to creep in come Championship time. No All Irelands won in May

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Presume that was tongue in cheek .............I was surprised to hear this was only our 3rd League ...... hopefully this team can add our 3rd all-ireland ! To be honest Cork didn't really seem interested in the second half but for us its great to keep winning. Bring on the championship ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

I dont think the players are going to get carried away with themselfs. We all know the game on June 7th will be completely different ball game. But i do think we have the talent to push for a first all ireland since 59 over the next few years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You see the real deal in the championship, not the league.

Comhghairdeachas Port Láirge a well deserved win. Clearly the better team on the day. Enjoy the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Different story in June

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Different story in June

It will be a completely different story Id say. Waterford be lucky to make an All Ireland Quarter Final in the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

Different story in June

Aye, hopefully ye give us a game ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

redlead wrote: »
    Aye, hopefully ye give us a game ;-)

No doubt about that. Cork will easily win next day. Nice to see ye win a national title should keep ye happy for another 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

No doubt about that. Cork will easily win next day. Nice to see ye win a national title should keep ye happy for another 50 years.

Don't bite too hard on them lemons ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

lads, they're right... Damien Cahalane will be back for them in June. Should we even turn up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Win, I think so, hopefully....easily , doubt it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Newson123

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    lads, they're right... Damien Cahalane will be back for them in June. Should we even turn up?

I dunno, you'd never know, they might leave us win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

The negativity is palpable and why not......This is how we deal with things now..".lets not get carried away" It's the league""Champion ship is different"
    "we're scared to be happy" and why not that's what History teaches us......If anyone sees a Player from today on Ballybricken tomorrow ....Thats it it's all over LOL. I'm not expecting this team to win the All Ireland BUT i do see and (hear about) a different level of commitment that hasnt been there before. It's like these are the kids of the Waterford fans who cried at the disappointments of the best team that never won an All Ireland....The Team that "allegedly" went on the piss because of Games they nearly won and could have won "if they hadn't been on the piss".....Hey i've seen it happen back then ,the night before a big game ....Allegedly.
    Anyway ....Well done Dereck Mcgrath and the new team.... I Cried with Deise pride today .....Thanks for giving me that......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

If it makes ye feel better to think that ye let us win, knock yourselves out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Miall108 wrote: »
    You call a league title the real deal. Get over yerself. That attitude from most is exactly why Im predicting the complacency to creep in come Championship time. No All Irelands won in May

3rd league title in our history and inevitably a sour lemon like yourself comes along and can't possibly accept that this team has just completed a great achievement and delighted the fans. Nobody mentioning all-irelands or anything and yet still you have to come on and have a go. Amazed your even following this forum, given you told me a couple of months ago I have no business discussing hurling with a Kilkenny man as clearly I have some inferior knowledge due to our respective Counties of birth.

Shocking stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

A silly comment. You could learn from JBM who has the honesty always to spell it out as it is. Sportsman that he is, he will always congratulate the victors and not make excuses. Thankfully most Cork supporters of my acquaintance are not like you. They call a spade a spade. If their team does not play well they just say so. Just cant understand your bitterness. Its only a game after all.
    Are you living on the Waterford/Cork border?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

well deserved win for waterford, forwards class,

good luck for the year ahead,

from a cork man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Was funny this evening listening to RTE 1 , Marty interviewing Derek , and Derek said '' It was a nice win , we'll never get it as easy as that again ''
    And then he said '' sorry didn't mean to say that ''

And Tom Dempsey summed it up for me when he said '' as a near neighbour I have a soft spot for Waterford ''

Well done Waterford and I hope ye go all the way in Munster .

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

That was my first look at Waterford's system today, very impressed. It's a system suited perfectly for playing against us I feel, neutralises a few of our strengths. You probably need one absolute gun forward to really implement the system to its full degree though I'd say.

We lacked intensity today for whatever reason. It'll be a different game the next day but it'll be very competitive. Cork hopefully will have learned a couple things but there won't be anybody underestimating you anyway.

Congrats, national titles are to be enjoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well that was great. Hats off to all involved. Great thing is that there is still plenty of areas for improvement.

Massive boost for a very young team.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good win today did not expect us to win the quarter final let alone the title. Really enjoyed the day and looking forward to the championship. That to be said the championship is different and If cork can beat us I think we will lose to one of the big guns in the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

To the Waterford team

THANKS .....I've been working away from home for a year now and watched the game on GOGAA . A tenner well spent. Please celebrate tonight and enjoy but please be the Waterford team that realises winning a big game doesn't mean that it's "sit back on your Laurels" time. My big hope is that the young lads that played today are the young kids that watched their parents heartbroken in the 2000's watching the best team that never won an All Ireland and said to themselves ....."We'll cross that barrier" Please forward this to a Waterford team player if you know any.
    I am proud to watch this team and know that they represent me and many others around the World who cant watch on RTE and have to pay for the game.Well done Waterford and "UP DI DEISE" Thanks for a great day and keep going .......something tells me that this team is a contender.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

3rd league title in our history and inevitably a sour lemon like yourself comes along and can't possibly accept that this team has just completed a great achievement and delighted the fans. Nobody mentioning all-irelands or anything and yet still you have to come on and have a go. Amazed your even following this forum, given you told me a couple of months ago I have no business discussing hurling with a Kilkenny man as clearly I have some inferior knowledge due to our respective Counties of birth.

Shocking stuff really.

Rise above it ML. Never came across this lad before so take it as a compliment that hes on here. Were seen as a genuine threat to these so called bigger teams now. Some people just cant handle it when praise is given to other counties that is not their own. It comes with the inferiority complex. Enjoy this win and let the naysayer keep sucking on that lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good win today did not expect us to win the quarter final let alone the title. Really enjoyed the day and looking forward to the championship. That to be said the championship is different and If cork can beat us I think we will lose to one of the big guns in the qualifiers.
    Really like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

Looking I said this all week and half time
    And it went exactly as I thought
    Never said ye don't have a hope in fact this is great for ye and mcgrath deserves credit yes but there is a big difference to beat cork who clear as day were lethargic with no hunger and I said this would happen as I know exactly what cork training was like the last two week

Yes talk was cork wanted it but look June will see a different cork
    If ye can improve more fair enough but have no doubt cork have a score to settle in June and that's one they wanted
    Ye won the battle but it's the war cork want

God youre insufferable. Today is not about june. Today is about today. Hold your hands up and admit you were beaten by a better team. June will look after itself. A trophy was there to be won today and your lads fell badly short. Like it or lump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah here give it a rest for once. Your nearly more miserable when we win than when we lose

Ah I'm not going enjoy a few bottles of cider tonight. I just have that fear that someone like galway , Dublin or wexford cud beat us in the championship but anyway that's a thought for another day . Enjoy the night lads

BTW does anyone have problems with radio reception in semple. I was using the radio on a HTC one m9 and rte 1 was terrible on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Newson123

God youre insufferable. Today is not about june. Today is about today. Hold your hands up and admit you were beaten by a better team. June will look after itself. A trophy was there to be won today and your lads fell badly short. Like it or lump it.

It's comedy gold though. He's in meltdown already, imagine if we win in June.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement