Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gallery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

taken at scuba dive west yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Hi Donny

Excellent!! What Camera are you using?

Ka:-)

Nikon Coolpix 4300 in Fantasea Pro housing. Wide angle lens and Sea & Sea YS-90 Auto strobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Are you bringing it this weekend for the Laurentic? Jan (Nordic) got some recently there.

Ka:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Pictures are coming from the Laurentic (gun&boilers). I feel i am in the stoneage taking slides in 2004.. get them scanned when i find a place in Galway that does it :confused:

But things will change when my DSLRhousing arrives :D

Hope to take more pictures of the Laurentic (the bow) in july, takes some time to set up a tripod ontop of wreck debris, 30 minutes on the wreck feels very short then.

:)

• Advertisement

Yep of course I'm bringing it :)
    I'll be the one hugging the camera all day in case anyone tries to drop a twinset on it

1 of R.M.S Laurentic`s gun.

Same gun from a different angle.

Boilers.

As you can see from the pictures, the shotline is tied to the gun...please don`t tie shotlines to nice guns like this one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Sweet... for some reson i thought the vis we had on the Laurentic the last time we dived it was a little dissapointing.... but those photo's come out a treat.

Thanks budyy :D

PS. The gallery is a sweet idea...

Looks like the vis was much better for your dive there. Your pics came out really well. I definitely need more practice.

another one...

and 1 more..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'd like to know what camera, digital/film was used for the photos posted. It can be helpful when taking my own.

Nikonos V with 15mm lens and 2 sec daylight exposure. Fujicrome400 slide film scanned by the local 1 hour photoshop to 18MB (4-5 MB pix) i wish i could scan them to 50MB but the shop did not have the right equipment.

The 15mm lens makes the diffference, i was like a meter or so away from the gun so the viz looks a lot better then it was.

How did you keep the camera steady for 2 sec exposure? You bring a tripod with you?

I was using Nikon 4300 (digital) in Fantasea Pro Housing with Sea and Sea 20mm (I think) WAL and Sea and Sea YS-90 strobe for any pics with strobe in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Apache01

:D Excellent photos NordicDiver, and great idea to have a gallery Phil

Apache

Originally posted by NordicDiver
    As you can see from the pictures, the shotline is tied to the gun...please don`t tie shotlines to nice guns like this one :(

NordicDiver,

The shot line tied to the gun has gone.

Apache

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Apache
    NordicDiver,

The shot line tied to the gun has gone.

Apache

Wheree's the shot now?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Peace
    Wheree's the shot now?

If you see the picture two from Donny you can see a shotline, don now if that shot was just there for the "day"..

The shoot was on the gun for awhile now, no idea who took it or why, Last dive there we dropped our own

Apache

Well I can verify that the periscope is intact on the U-260. Seems everyone has heard rumours that it had been taken. Took this on Saturday...

u2602.jpg

Ah thx Donny, i have been annoyed about that for a loong time now, and its great that the rumors are not true. Myselfe, Peace and MickL are off to dive the U260 this weekend and it would be to bad if some "treasure hunter" had stolen the skyscope ;)

Any more pictures from Baltimore ?

These 2 are unedited... when I get home I'll see if I can photoshop a few more of them to get them a bit clearer..

Dived the Kowloon bridge on Sunday but vis wasn't as good at all so pics didn't come out so well. Quite pleased with these 2 from the U-260 though. Think I'm slowly improving a bit. Must learn how to photoshop properly to remove backscatter etc.

u2601.jpg

Great pics donny!

Try also Neat Image the demo version is freeware for non-commercial use and works wonders on some pictures, try also USM after resizing.

Here's a pic of a crayfish from my trip to Inis Meain this weekend...

Some of the best diving I've done in Ireland is around the Aran Islands

inismeain3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Very nice pic Donny, almost makes Irish diving look tropical. The viz seems very good. How deep was the shot taken, there seems to be loads of light

Pretty sure it was at 25 metres. I used a strobe to bring the colour back to this shot but its the original and not photoshopped at all. Here is a pic taken with ambient light to show what the vis etc is like. Some great reefs and overhangs etc. The diver at the top of the picture is actually looking at this crayfish and pointed it out to me when I caught up. The bottom here is around 28 metres. I'm quite sad to say that my camera actually flooded on this very dive and is completely ruined. I noticed soon after I took these shots. Hopefully I'll be replacing it in the near future.... As you can probably see... the memory card survived ;)

inismeain2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Here's a yahoo gallery of pictures of my girlfriend and I diving off sail rock in Thailand.

Here's the link.

http://photos.yahoo.com/barryodriscoll1

Advertisement