Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

kennyt wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking into a decent drone now.
    Is the Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 the recommended one? or is there a different one?
    Where is the recommended place to order from and what price range is it in?

Thanks

In stock in CZ warehouse

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-HDR-Video-GPS-35mins-Flight-Time-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-One-Battery-Version-p-1658676.html?rmmds=category&ID=6288102&cur_warehouse=CZ

Try BGFIMIX899 to get it down to € 311

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Tweaky wrote: »

Makes the Banggood "preorder price" a farce especially with the wait time we all had!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

FFS. I was using Honey when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and no discount codes were showing for it.

It arrived broken (joystick gimbal dome) and they gave me a €50 refund but I paid over €365 (IIRC - they have removed the sale records from my account! I assume this is so I can't leave a review? Shady feckers).

EDIT: just removed from Orders in the app, I can see it on the full site.

FYI: FIMI won't sell parts - They want to repair themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

FYI: FIMI won't sell parts - They want to repair themselves.

Currently in a email battle with them as they are trying to sell me parts :)

Some pieces near the gimble look to be coming loose ... they saying I must have crashed it and are offering the parts to carry out the repairs myself! I offered to send the logs to show no crash

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Currently in a email battle with them as they are trying to sell me parts :)

Some pieces near the gimble look to be coming loose ... they saying I must have crashed it and are offering the parts to carry out the repairs myself! I offered to send the logs to show no crash

Camera gimbal?

I want to buy the parts, but they won't let me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

Hi,
    Any one have a Mi drone 4k battery for sell? if yes please PM
    thanks

They'll sell me the joystick gimbal dome for $7. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

is the shipping insurance worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

irishgeo wrote: »
    is the shipping insurance worth it?
    I think not.

If something arrived damaged, and I wasn't properly refunded or item replaced, I would not let it go. It seems a crazy thing to offer considering I would put the onus of needing to have shipping insurance on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

How would this drone compare to a mavic mini which is around the same price?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    How would this drone compare to a mavic mini which is around the same price?

Mavic Mini is about one third of the weight and won't handle wind as well. Mavic might have slightly better camera quality but not up to 4k. Mavic will definitely have better support and warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just ordered this. Been using a tello drone to see if I would enjoy using a drone and love it even if it's just a toy/beginner drone.

Anything else you guys think I should order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just ordered this. Been using a tello drone to see if I would enjoy using a drone and love it even if it's just a toy/beginner drone.

Anything else you guys think I should order?

I'm the same, I have a FIMI on the way but just bought the cheapest version I could find on Banggood and no accessories at all. Are the landing H pads in all the YouTube videos I see really important?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I'm the same, I have a FIMI on the way but just bought the cheapest version I could find on Banggood and no accessories at all. Are the landing H pads in all the YouTube videos I see really important?

Thanks,
    M

Everyone seems to have a landing pad on YouTube. What price did you get charged? I got charged €328.26 using Revolut.

Been up until 4am watching videos of the drone haha. Some guy in Hawaii travelled the full 5km that they advertise it can do. Absolute madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Hooked

Thanks,
    M

Mine "landed" yesterday... sorry! :D Couldn't resist.

I've a mate who flys drones professionally - so I've zero actual experience myself BUT having seen his "smaller" drones landing, I'd be wary of the FIMI tipping to the side on uneven ground (damaging props) and I don't fancy those prop guards...

So, I'll be making a DIY landing pad ASAP.

Can't wait to take it on it's first flight - but have a lot of reading to do/vids to watch first! Especially around calibration.

Hooked wrote: »
    Mine "landed" yesterday... sorry! :D Couldn't resist.

I've a mate who flys drones professionally - so I've zero actual experience myself BUT having seen his "smaller" drones landing, I'd be wary of the FIMI tipping to the side on uneven ground (damaging props) and I don't fancy those prop guards...

So, I'll be making a DIY landing pad ASAP.

Can't wait to take it on it's first flight - but have a lot of reading to do/vids to watch first! Especially around calibration.

It has an auto-land button on the controller and in the app and ultrasonic sensor on the bottom.

I've had racing quads in the past and very rarely "landed" :pac:, but this type of drone is much easier to handle - it'll do almost everything itself.

Hooked wrote: »

Don't be afraid to look daft by holding it out in front of you as you step around in circles to calibrate the compass. If you try to just rotate the drone itself, it's not as easy to do.

BTW - IAA Registration is €5 at the moment but this will go up to €30 at the end of next month

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-faqs---operator-registration

BTW - IAA Registration is €5 at the moment but this will go up to €30 at the end of next month

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-faqs---operator-registration

Does everyone register? Like would I get a knock on the door from the Garda for flying my drone?

I'm really new to this, I have 1 day experience with a flimsy tello drone.

The maps show that drones are banned from the Phoenix park. I wonder why? Seems like the 1 place in Dublin where drones would be absolutely allowed

I'll definitely have to become a regular on the drone forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Does everyone register? Like would I get a knock on the door from the Garda for flying my drone?

I'm really new to this, I have 1 day experience with a flimsy tello drone.

The maps show that drones are banned from the Phoenix park. I wonder why? Seems like the 1 place in Dublin where drones would be absolutely allowed

I'll definitely have to become a regular on the drone forum :D

You should register for sure, and you cant argue with a fiver really.

"Currently, all drones over 1kg and drones operated above 15m (50ft), must be registered with the IAA. However, on December 31st 2020 the EU drone Regulation comes into effect, which will require all drone operators using any drone over 250grams, or those with a camera or sensor to be registered. By registering with the IAA at this time you will automatically meet the new EU requirements. ."

They also send you a sticker with a registration number on it to mark your drone in case it gets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Got the drone yesterday. Delivered within 2 weeks from czech warehouse. Fairly decent. Have it reggied and all ready to go.

Paddy_man wrote: »

They also send you a sticker with a registration number on it to mark your drone in case it gets lost.

That changed in September. You register yourself now, not the drone. They give you a kind of cert to print out, but no stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

That changed in September. You register yourself now, not the drone. They give you a kind of cert to print out, but no stickers.

I got my sticker in the post on the 25th of September, but registered a couple of weeks before that, so it must have changed in the meantime.

I got my sticker in the post on the 25th of September, but registered a couple of weeks before that, so it must have changed in the meantime.

Was that through IAA or MySRS? Did you have register a drone model and serial number?

Was that through IAA or MySRS? Did you have register a drone model and serial number?

IAA, no serial number was asked for, the make, model and weight was though, IIRC.

Everyone seems to have a landing pad on YouTube. What price did you get charged? I got charged €328.26 using Revolut.

Been up until 4am watching videos of the drone haha. Some guy in Hawaii travelled the full 5km that they advertise it can do. Absolute madness.

WOW! Fair play to him, I would not have the balls to go that far! You did very well at that price. I got it for €366 and have over €20 coming back to me from TopCashBack.

Cheers,
    M

WOW! Fair play to him, I would not have the balls to go that far! You did very well at that price. I got it for €366 and have over €20 coming back to me from TopCashBack.

Cheers,
    M

He was on top of a mountain with no barriers so he just did a beeline toward the ocean. Camera lost signal at the end for a bit and then odd stuttering but he was very impressed.

How far would you fly it before you would start to feel uncomfortable?

Cheers,
    M

This for the X8 SE 2020? I'm sure I watched videos of the thing going over 8km out.

• Advertisement

He was on top of a mountain with no barriers so he just did a beeline toward the ocean. Camera lost signal at the end for a bit and then odd stuttering but he was very impressed.

How far would you fly it before you would start to feel uncomfortable?

I'm an amateur to all this mate so not very far at all at all. Got a Tello a while back as a delayed Xmas present and the very very first time I used it the wind took it far from me. I was petrified and I thought I'd lost it for sure! Great little drone but not suitable at all at all if there is any sort of wind!!

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement