Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

madmoe wrote: »
    What's the situation with FIMI care, should I get? What does it offer? How much extra is it?

Thanks,
    M
    It's not really essential, and comes down to how much work you are willing to do yourself for any repairs.

If you are planning on taking up flying as a hobby or as a profession etc. it is recommended that you do the repairs yourself, none are extremely difficult.

If you don't trust yourself and don't have any plans ever touching it other than to fly, then get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Suckit wrote: »
    It's not really essential, and comes down to how much work you are willing to do yourself for any repairs.

If you are planning on taking up flying as a hobby or as a profession etc. it is recommended that you do the repairs yourself, none are extremely difficult.

If you don't trust yourself and don't have any plans ever touching it other than to fly, then get it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Batteries are back in stock from the Czech warehouse: [60,37€ 37% OFF]FIMI X8 SE RC Quadcopter Spare Parts 11.4V 4500mAh Lipo Battery RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood
    https://banggood.app.link/GmaVyJ7vJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

i've the original one in the first post, only used it once. How much would they sell for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Looking at getting a tab for the drone. Does anyone with more tech knowledge know if this is suitable. It's not screen size I'm looking for just a tab that's capable of doing the job instead of the mobile... TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Looking at getting a tab for the drone. Does anyone with more tech knowledge know if this is suitable. It's not screen size I'm looking for just a tab that's capable of doing the job instead of the mobile... TIA

A 10" tablet won't fit in the controller. Max is 8"
    A few guys on the Fimi forums are using a Teclast P80X from Banggoood. and finding it good. Only about € 60 to € 70 when on special. I have it and can confirm it fits perfectly but I find the screen is not bright enough but that just may be my eyesight !!!
    I'm using an Ipad mini 2 at the moment. Fits perfectly runs smoothly and screen is bright enough and no lag. Also some indications are the Fimi App runs better on IOS that android and some of the smart tracking functionalities work on IOS and won't work on Android.

Tweaky wrote: »
    A 10" tablet won't fit in the controller. Max is 8"
    A few guys on the Fimi forums are using a Teclast P80X from Banggoood. and finding it good. Only about € 60 to € 70 when on special. I have it and can confirm it fits perfectly but I find the screen is not bright enough but that just may be my eyesight !!!
    I'm using an Ipad mini 2 at the moment. Fits perfectly runs smoothly and screen is bright enough and no lag. Also some indications are the Fimi App runs better on IOS that android and some of the smart tracking functionalities work on IOS and won't work on Android.

Thanks Tweaky for that info. Don't wanna invest in an iPad just for the drone. I'll prob go for ur suggestion or something like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Decent value for a new battery. €66 delivered, and not hostage to the awful Banggood.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RQJD3Z3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1H3GKG9HXHO4G&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Decent value for a new battery. €66 delivered, and not hostage to the awful Banggood.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RQJD3Z3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1H3GKG9HXHO4G&psc=1

It's stlll coming from China, and with pretty shoddy business details!
    Business Name:zhongshanshihanshangyikufushiyouxiangongsi
    Business Type:Privately-owned business
    Trade Register Number:91442000097354322A
    Business Address:
    qinggangcunzhongxinbaochanglongdongsixiang
    dayongzhen
    zhongshanshi
    CN

My extra battery arrived from Banggood China warehouse three and half weeks after ordering. It had an August production date on it, charged it up and took it out for a first test today and had no issue, just went 2.5km away and brought her back with about 30% left on it.

• Advertisement

I honestly find Banggood fairly decent (*for a Chinese store*) to deal with.
    The issues with the drone were obviously down to FIMI.
    I have found them decent for refunds, replacements and fulfilling warranties..
    I don't think I have been able to say that about any other Chinese store, including JD/Joybuy as much.
    That's not to say I or others haven't had issues, but if you are aware that they don't have to honour anything and that their policies are often being taken advantage of, with claims often made against them erroneously (as happens with many stores from abroad) due to shipping errors that are no fault of theirs, you can kind of see their reasoning for their policies.
    Before this post goes all internetty and people wonder why I am defending banggood... It's mostly because I have had most type of issues with them (not as unusual as you may think) and they have always found a way of coming to a mutual agreement where possible.
    Other stores - which I refuse to deal with on any level, have in the past tried to keep my money and the returned items, - and not small amounts either.
    I have zero association with banggood, and for the most part I find them expensive (which I put down to their customer service policies), and most of the time I can find an item just as cheap from amazon or another store that operates under EU warranty laws, but when a good quality item is needed and hard to find from the EU or as a result is priced higher, if hard to find here for the same price, I find banggood good to deal with.

I am fairly cut.
    I left my neighbours an hour and a half ago and I am on my 2nd brown bear beer from Aldi since leaving, had a few there. :eek: I think I am finding out that they are fairly strong :D:pac:

That may have something to do with my extra long post.

My experience buying this drone speaks volumes for Banggood customer service.

I paid on the 22nd of April. There was a long wait which I don't blame Banggood for. The package was shipped in July and a coupon for props for $1 was made available, Fine so far.

The drone went missing in the UK on the 22nd of July. Very much Banggood's fault, they choose the courier and interact directly with them.

Banggood wouldn't even talk to me until the package was missing for 40 days. They eventually agreed to resend. and it arrived just over a week later, on the 10th of September.

Having the drone In hand, I went to purchase the props using the coupon, only to find that it had expired. I asked Banggood to honour the coupon because of the delay due to the loss in delivery, which wasn't my fault. They refused point blank.

I think most reasonable people would see that as poor customer service, first refusing contact for 40 days, then offering no goodwill whatsoever.

I'll still buy stuff from China, but my money is unlikely to end up in the hands of Babggood.

I find Tomtop good for stuff. I have never had any problems with them, and they are often cheaper than Banggood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i've the original one in the first post, only used it once. How much would they sell for now?

Not sure but my da has killed his two batteries if you have interest in selling yours?

mawk wrote: »
    Not sure but my da has killed his two batteries if you have interest in selling yours?

How can u kill batteries?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

MorganIRL wrote:
    How can u kill batteries?

Overuse or charging them to100%, not using them for weeks or months, then charging them again seem to be the most common reasons.

tedpan wrote: »
    Overuse or charging them to100%, not using them for weeks or months, then charging them again seem to be the most common reasons.

Yup, that'll do it. Lithium batteries don't like sitting for any length of time at over 80% or anything below 20% charge. I unplug the drone battery from the charger when the last light starts flashing, and only fully charge it just before I use it in the drone.

Any lithium batteries I own never sit for a long time above 70%... including the one powering my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Has anyone bought the Fimi X8 from the "official" store on AliExpress?

They quoted really short delivery times from the EU warehouse (great!), but after buying I find out that the processing time is allowing 16 days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Has anyone bought the Fimi X8 from the "official" store on AliExpress?

They quoted really short delivery times from the EU warehouse (great!), but after buying I find out that the processing time is allowing 16 days. :(

My experience soured for the very same reason. I lost interest in having a drone and have a dispute open I won’t win but pushing it as much as possible. Claimed stock was vapour, they bombarded me with requests to extend processing time or cancel using change of mind. I didn’t do either knowing AliExpress would refund when they couldn’t ship. On the last day they created a shipping manifest and it took another 11 days before it was shipped.

It arrived safely but remained unopened and I sold it same day for what I paid. Interestingly they want me to return it for a refund but want me to post it to China despite it coming from Spain.

Good luck!

Tazium wrote: »
    My experience soured for the very same reason. I lost interest in having a drone and have a dispute open I won’t win but pushing it as much as possible. Claimed stock was vapour, they bombarded me with requests to extend processing time or cancel using change of mind. I didn’t do either knowing AliExpress would refund when they couldn’t ship. On the last day they created a shipping manifest and it took another 11 days before it was shipped.

It arrived safely but remained unopened and I sold it same day for what I paid. Interestingly they want me to return it for a refund but want me to post it to China despite it coming from Spain.

Good luck!

Ah Sh!te. I should have gone for Banggood instead but I thought it might be better to buy direct.

A quick edit of my first proper day out with the Fimi X8 SE 2020. A pretty windy day and it handled very well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

NUTZZ wrote: »
    A quick edit of my first proper day out with the Fimi X8 SE 2020. A pretty windy day and it handled very well.

Very nice! Not sure if realised but there's a Boards Drone forum. You can share footage here. Feel free to start new discussions, share experiences or post questions on anything drone related

Tazium wrote: »

Good luck!

I cancelled the AliExpress order yesterday but when I checked this morning it was active again. I can see there will be some shenanigans here...

Banggood order will be delivered in under a week, as advertised.

I cancelled the AliExpress order yesterday but when I checked this morning it was active again. I can see there will be some shenanigans here...

FIMI...one week from Banggood Chinese warehouse? I ordered mine weeks ago and stuck somewhere since September 24th?

FIMI...one week from Banggood Chinese warehouse? I ordered mine weeks ago and stuck somewhere since September 24th?

CZ warehouse. It was actually sent from Germany.

CZ warehouse. It was actually sent from Germany.

I see, does delivery cost extra when you order from CZ warehouse?

I see, does delivery cost extra when you order from CZ warehouse?

I paid €7 something for insurance on this, but generally delivery from EU is under €15.

This is the "1 week delivery" page (EU Shipping).

https://www.banggood.com/marketing-Local-Warehouse/tid-6645.html?bid=11374&from=nav&DCC=IE&currency=EUR

Yeah, they ignored the order cancellation and just sent a shipping notification a few minutes ago.

Looks like I'll have to sell this one when it arrives next week. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

Hi

Just looking into a decent drone now.
    Is the Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 the recommended one? or is there a different one?
    Where is the recommended place to order from and what price range is it in?

Thanks

kennyt wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking into a decent drone now.
    Is the Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 the recommended one? or is there a different one?
    Where is the recommended place to order from and what price range is it in?

Thanks

Fimi X8 2020 from Banggood for around 369 when available from CZ warehouse. Delivery takes about a week.

The official store on AliExpress takes about 3 weeks despite stating 5 day delivery or something. That 5 days doesn't include processing time.

• Advertisement

Fimi X8 2020 from Banggood for around 369 when available from CZ warehouse. Delivery takes about a week.

The official store on AliExpress takes about 3 weeks despite stating 5 day delivery or something. That 5 days doesn't include processing time.
    I think Spanish store is only one with stock in EU at the minute.

Also, code BGX8SEES will drop the price down to around €310ish I think.

Advertisement