Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three children found dead mod note in post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

**** sake guys. What's going on here? Bodies chopped up in Cork/Dublin. Gangs fighting all over the shop some poor bloke knifed in the neck. Are we going mad as a society or what.

I know what you mean, was just thinking the same. The latest run of news is thoroughly depressing. It really is heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Could be a gas leak, why assume murder?
    Per RTE
    At this stage, gardaí do not believe the children died of natural causes, but will await the outcome of the post mortems to determine the cause of their deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Such sad news.god love them.may they rest in peace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note

Please no speculation about causes until they are reported in the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Jasus, sick to my stomach reading that on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Could be a gas leak, why assume murder?

It says there was a note left.
    Don't think you'd leave a note if there was a gas leak.

Tragic stuff. RIP to those young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

3 kids found dead in Rathcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

iggy wrote: »
    It says there was a note left.
    Don't think you'd leave a note if there was a gas leak.

Tragic stuff. RIP to those young kids.

Similarly you wouldn't say that you're waiting for the post mortem to determine if it was a natural cause if it was an obviously violent end.

Terrible news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

I live in a lovely quiet rural area. Ireland is still a lovely peaceful society. Unfortunately, this sort of thing is part and parcel of modern stressful society where the cost of living for families is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just so sad , so young and with a lifetime of possibilities ahead of them , wiped out , RIP .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

This is awful news to hear. Those poor, poor children. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very sad news, not much else can be said as we don't know much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Liamo57 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this sort of thing is part and parcel of modern stressful society where the cost of living for families is dreadful.

Not sure we can say this has anything got to do with the cost of living yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Jesus H Christ lads, 3 children???

This doesn't bear thinking about.

Don't' want to judge too quickly but <<speculation snip>>

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So sad for everyone involved , the children and their family and friends . RIP little ones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Liamo57 wrote: »
    this sort of thing is part and parcel of modern stressful society where the cost of living for families is dreadful.

Mod note - NO SPECULATION you have no idea about the cause of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ lads, 3 children???

This doesn't bear thinking about.

Don't' want to judge too quickly but <<speculation snip>>?

Wild speculation at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Wild speculation at this point.

Yeah, I know, sorry, it may be speculation so I'll say no more on that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah Jesus. Bless them all. We can be horrified by the deaths of three kids without speculating on the cause, which could be non violent too and I hope that is the case. We shall see.

First item on LBC news just now. UK radio station. I was very surprised at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Tragic, so young and vulnerable.

Very tough on the emergency staff too, especially those with small kids.

**** sake guys. What's going on here? Bodies chopped up in Cork/Dublin. Gangs fighting all over the shop some poor bloke knifed in the neck. Are we going mad as a society or what.

I have to agree with this. Things have been on a downward spiral this last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

You can read about gangland shootings all day but the second it's about children it just hits you like a ton of bricks. So sad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

So so upsetting. Poor children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

[QUOTE=Kira Blue Warlock;112347761]Wild speculation at this point.[/QUOTE]

Irish Times:

"The children and the woman are related. It is understood all four were living at the house where the bodies were found.

Gardaí believe the woman holds the information that will explain how the children died.

While the investigation was only beginning on Friday evening, gardaí have no evidence there was anyone else in the house around the time of the children’s deaths.

Gardaí are hoping to speak to the woman as soon as Saturday and in the meantime nobody else is being sought.

While the deaths of the three children were being treated by the Garda as “sudden” and “unexplained”, the inquiry into their deaths is criminal in nature."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Be right back

Dreadful news. Those poor children.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

RIP.

Think closing the thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

Who needs strangers talking about this on the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I have to agree with this. Things have been on a downward spiral this last couple of years

I kinda figured we were ****ed when I was seeing lots of suicides around me over the past few years. Whole communities ravaged by it and the stats not correlating. A lot of them recorded as death by misadventure.

As a society we really are at the point we need to evaluate where we are. And what our priorities are.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

Arghus wrote: »
    RIP.

Think closing the thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

Who needs strangers talking about this on the Internet.

To be fair most posters just want to offer their sympathys.

• Advertisement

I did have hope that it might have been something like Carbon Monoxide poisoning or something, which would have been awful in itself don't get me wrong. But I see things have moved on according to IT to a criminal issue.

How very sad. May the babes rest in peace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement