Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMMENTS THREAD FOR RANDOM PHOTOS LV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

50367850473_08755a9150_c.jpg

DIY Lens mounted on 4x5:

50368693651_0ab389b6f0_w.jpg

I've been messing around a bit with DIY lenses, this one is 177mm FL, shooting it at f/8, and is 3 elements in 2 groups, stop in the middle. Single positive (and plastic :-P ) meniscus at the front, a cemented achromatic doublet at the back. Could probably do with being stopped down a bit more :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Loki98 wrote: »
    50404922013_e99886a6f6_c.jpg

Where is this Loki or what wreck is it? It's a great shot!

Firstly, thanks for your comment and second, I hate to disappoint but its mostly in my head. The wreck is the MV Plassey on Inish Oirr, the rest is Photoshop. The original photo is below
    50408247887_b000da1878_z.jpg

Firstly, thanks for your comment and second, I hate to disappoint but its mostly in my head. The wreck is the MV Plassey on Inish Oirr, the rest is Photoshop. The original photo is below

:D knew I recognised the ship from somewhere! Regardless that's a cracking edit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is a cool picture as is! The shark doesn't do anything for it though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Love it Lokee, very imaginative!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

@Keps re Turf War/ Aerial Ballet

Fabulous shot, love the ‘seconds’!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

fixXxer wrote: »
    Genuinely find this picture very unsettling. Its setting something off in my lizard brain going no no no no.

It was meant to be a bit weird.

The subject was "A Body Part"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I could say Yes and drive you mad, but no. Just playing around with old images when in lock down.

• Advertisement

OK, but if you look thru the picture it does give a 3D effect

Yes and the layering was meant to give that effect. I did fiddle with reducing the size of each layer but it did not work as well. I settled with increasing the saturation on one bird to make it a focus.

This is the original image.

529669.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Is that the one that appears at the start of Fr. Ted ?

50642591977_35e9747a7b_c.jpg

Wow!! where is this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,648 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think it's a different place but it's reminiscent of hidden beach, Mexico.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Is that the one that appears at the start of Fr. Ted ?

It is indeed!

Wow!! where is this ?
    It's in Portugal on the Algarve near the Benegil sea cave. It's heavily photoshopped

Thought I recognised it.

27883898732_23813fda37_c.jpg

I have been there a couple of times.

CabanSail wrote: »
    I could say Yes and drive you mad, but no. Just playing around with old images when in lock down.

And how did you do it ?
    Painstakingly selecting the bird and then copy and paste .... ?

And how did you do it ?
    Painstakingly selecting the bird and then copy and paste .... ?

I did the cut out of the Pelican.

Made a Group and duplicated the layer and shifted it across the frame.

Duplicated the Group and Reversed it (Flip Horizontal)

Then made multiple copies to make up all the rows.

Picked the layer which was to be the focus and increased contrast and saturation.

• Advertisement

That made sense when I wrote it ..... but it is easy when demonstrated. Just lots of layers copied, grouped and moved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,182 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm sure Cabansail can demonstrate if you want, but he'll send you a large bill for his efforts.

i'm sure Cabansail can demonstrate if you want, but he'll send you a large bill for his efforts.

Not at all ..... just the International travel and quarantine could be problem.

Zoom Tutorial?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,182 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that was a joke.
    large bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

that was a joke.
    large bill...

You can go and sit over there with dinneenp and his shadowy jpg images. :D

Sorry New Wave .... Could not resist ....

538839.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

The original photo was posted on "Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently (II)" Boards site as a "Season's Greetings to all" message with the original background. I like your comment. :D

I got fed up with the absurdly limiting 800 pix so I have started a 1200 pix thread, anyone is welcome to post in: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058148226

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    50823860718_f50496c029_c.jpg

I like this. but does anyone know where it is.

I like the light and the bridge in the distance and the way the river curves into the shot

lovely

• Advertisement

I believe the lucky blighter is in New Zealand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement