Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Writers Tears with two glasses for 40 in O'briens

Very nice it is too, got the gift box with glasses for myself last year in Tesco for €35, they're not listing it this year though. €40 is still a good price for the gift set.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Very nice it is too, got the gift box with glasses for myself last year in Tesco for €35, they're not listing it this year though. €40 is still a good price for the gift set.

I saw it in Tesco (Rathfarnham) but I'm 99% sure it was priced over €40 (42 is in my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭All in all

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody seen any nice gift sets with a bottle and a couple of glasses in a box? Need to sort out secret Santa gift fast...

In Dunne’s there is Teelings in a tin with 2 glasses for €40, nice set.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Debub

All in all wrote: »
    In Dunne’s there is Teelings in a tin with 2 glasses for €40, nice set.

I think that I saw this in SuperValu as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Centra doing some great deals from the 5th to the 8th.

Got two cases of 12 cans of Bulmers for €20. Making it 24 cans for €20.

Getting well stocked up for xmas now.

https://centra.ie/offers/christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LIDL have Smirnoff, Gordons, Captain Morgans 70cl bottles for €14.

20 pack bottles of Heineken, Coors Light are 2 for €30.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

odyssey06 wrote: »
    LIDL have Smirnoff, Gordons, Captain Morgans 70cl bottles for €14.

20 pack bottles of Heineken, Coors Light are 2 for €30.

The €14 is superb value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭blindsider

Aldi have 24 x 500ml slabs for €20 - Carlsberg and Guinness - stacked up in the middle of the booze aisle (Cork city today.)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Heineken slabs €25 in Dunnes. Guinness slabs €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Duunes have Jameson for €20 and 24x 500ml Guinness for €20. Add in a voucher of €25 off a €100 spend and I'm well stocked for Christmas (got a bag of carrots too BTW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TESCO
    rubadub wrote: »
    yes as said, and (guinness) back to 24 tomorrow. allegedly until 24th dec, but they have pulled offers early in the past.

that didn't take long to change , back to 20euro

Guinness Draught Can 500Ml
    Special OfferAny 24 For 20.00
    valid from 5/12/2019 until 8/12/2019

Heineken & bulmers too same prices & dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

rockshore cans 500ml x 8 are 10 euros
    normally 14 euros

in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Two 700 Jameson's and four Jameson Glasses for 35 in Tesco today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

hatchman wrote: »

I'm seeing double all ready

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Heineken 2x12pk for 20 euro. Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

SuperValu have Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire gin for €20 each until the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

3 x 12 bottles of peroni, €25 in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ablelocks wrote: »

That's great value and you can mix and match with 12 x Hop House or 10 x Corona. A nice little Christmas mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am looking for Expresso Martini, was advertised for Lidl but never came in, anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

ablelocks wrote: »

Any idea how long for? Can't find any info on the website!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am looking for Expresso Martini, was advertised for Lidl but never came in, anyone help?

What's an expresso?

highdef wrote: »
    What's an expresso?

Dope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

Cheers, I didn't realise that an expresso was a dope. Still confused as dope can be both a compliment or an insult when describing someone and now an expresso also means dope.... Feeling very old right now!

Cheers, I didn't realise that an expresso was a dope. Still confused as dope can be both a compliment or an insult when describing someone and now an expresso also means dope.... Feeling very old right now!

You know that the person meant an espresso but you just want to engage in some pointlessly pedantic game of calling up someone on spelling a word phonetically- when in reality it adds nothing to conversation other than maybe, in your head alone, making you feel superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Merry Christmas everyone

Can’t we all be friends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Maybe they meant doppio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You know that the person meant an espresso but you just want to engage in some pointlessly pedantic game of calling up someone on spelling a word phonetically.

It’s definitely pronounced as it’s spelt though, espresso.

I’d love to know how expresso became such a commonly used term.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

donnyvegas wrote: »

been traveling over central - east Europe this summer.
    Beside the fact that smallest cash and carry store is the size of Tesco extra, i was surprised to see for sale Jameson and other spirits heavily promoted in gift-boxes with 1-2 engraved glasses, with the price lower than a regular bottle here ( i.e Jameson and 2 glasses for 17-19 euro, on a regular summer day )

As for the coffee, was looking for a 'medium' cup of coffee ( as i have every day in Ireland ): the barista told me they serve only coffee ( in small ~50ml/2oz cups ) and not take away soups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco
    Heineken, guinness bulmers
    Any 24 For 24.00
    valid from 9/12/2019 until 24/12/2019

It’s definitely pronounced as it’s spelt though, espresso.
    I’d love to know how expresso became such a commonly used term.
    I often hear it pronounced as expresso.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/espresso-vs-expresso-usage-history
    What to Know
    Espresso is a borrowed word from Italian referring to coffee brewed by forcing steam or hot water through finely ground coffee. This method is quick, involves "pressing" water through coffee, and the word is very close to the English word "express," which shares those meanings. Thus, it is not uncommon, nor wrong, to hear this beverage referred to as expresso.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso#Variant_spelling
    While the 'expresso' spelling is recognized as mainstream usage in some American dictionaries,[25][26] some cooking websites call the 'x' variant illegitimate.[27][28][29][30] Oxford Dictionaries online states "The spelling "expresso" is not used in the original Italian and is strictly incorrect, although it is common."[31] The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster call it a variant spelling.[24][32] The Online Etymology Dictionary calls "expresso" a variant of "espresso".[33] The Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style (2000) describes the spelling expresso as "wrong", and specifies espresso as the only correct form.[34] The third edition of Fowler's Modern English Usage, published by the Oxford University Press in 1996, noted that the form espresso "has entirely driven out the variant expresso (which was presumably invented under the impression that it meant 'fast, express')"

seems so stupid when arseholes feign ignorance about it when they see a misspelling (not you), do they think it makes them look smart or something? making themselves out to be idiots that cannot have a guess or use google? because it backfires big time, they end up looking like right ignorant morons, in both senses of the word.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement