Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

It was just an example. Swap anyone who's been fired into that sentence.

Candidate: Here is the best business plan you've seen in years. It's a guaranteed money maker.

Lord Sugar: I don't care. You couldn't get a good price on an oar that costs a hundred quid. Or organise a good advertisement for Finland. I'm out.

I still love it. But logic is long gone.

Ah yeah, I know... Just couldn't resist quoting 'Pillows!'

Sure the year Inventor Tom won, he was brutal in the tasks. Rendered the entire process redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Yeah it’s more likely to go the other way, that people who have good business plans get kept regardless of how badly they do in the tasks. So the whole task aspect becomes a bit pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I think the problem they had was that candidates generally saw out the year and left. Nothing to do with his empire but they didn't fit in. And after 8 or 9 years with a near zero retention record, they had to rethink it.
    It's almost as if tacky reality TV techniques don't work as well as tried and tested methods of selecting and managing people.

• I think the problem they had was that candidates generally saw out the year and left. Nothing to do with his empire but they didn't fit in. And after 8 or 9 years with a near zero retention record, they had to rethink it.

And in some cases not even saw out the year. Can't remember her name, I think she won in the 2014 series, she went on Maternity Leave 4 months after winning it. So after getting a 250k investment, she could no longer afford contraception...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

All the winners that got the investment seem to be successful. Granted I’d say Alan Sugar makes it that they are regardless of its any good or not.

I don’t believe that “it doesn’t matter if you’re shi** in the process as long as you have a good business plan” idea. Tom, the inventer, iirc wasn’t the strongest but he was far from awful. Then there was an Asian girl called Susie I think a few years ago who wasn’t the strongest and didn’t win but I’m fairly certain Alan Sugar is involved with her skincare business now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

All the winners that got the investment seem to be successful. Granted I’d say Alan Sugar makes it that they are regardless of its any good or not.

I don’t believe that “it doesn’t matter if you’re shi** in the process as long as you have a good business plan” idea. Tom, the inventer, iirc wasn’t the strongest but he was far from awful. Then there was an Asian girl called Susie I think a few years ago who wasn’t the strongest and didn’t win but I’m fairly certain Alan Sugar is involved with her skincare business now.

You're correct. They were on the same Series 7. My favourite series. Jim the thoroughbred from Northern Ireland was another candidate that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There will be no staying behind the scenes for Pamela tonight, the pressure will be on her to step up as PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Flagrant bullying of Lottie by Carina. Weekly sexism from Pamela too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Flagrant bully of Lottie by Carina. Weekly sexism from Pamela too
    I misread that as fragrant.

• Pamela throwing Lewis under the bus.

• Advertisement

Scent-sational is clearly the best slogan, heck even name itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Irishwoman on the panel there. Wonder if she might throw Pamela a wee lifeline

Eww smells like Bigfoot's dick

Just saying...

220px-Meltan_Community_Day.jpeg

Another double firing tonight I think.

• Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Another double firing tonight I think.

Dean and Pamela.

Won't it be 5 for the interview next week?

Won't it be 5 for the interview next week?
    Lord Sugar said five, but I can't help thinking two will be gone tonight.

• Jesus how has Dean survived this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Should be bye bye Dean.

• Advertisement

• Should be bye bye Dean.

What has he done?

Lewis has shown he likes to get stuck in alright....like into Lottie :D

• Lewis has shown he likes to get stuck in alright....like into Lottie :D

Can't blame him.

In many ways, you have to admire Dean's self-belief.

God bless him.

Pamela going out of her way to send Dean to the gallows. All very calculated. If only she would fall on the guillotine...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What has he done?

Zilch throughout the series.

I did not think Carina was bullying Lottie,more so demonstrating how little faith she had in her leadership.

Really thought Pamela should have gone too,a pretty dislikeable individual.

Carina is the standout candidate IMO but I've likely given her the kiss of death.A rubbish business plan to be revealed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

You're correct. They were on the same Series 7. My favourite series. Jim the thoroughbred from Northern Ireland was another candidate that year.

Ah Jim was my favourite candidate too! Unbelievable salesman!

On tonight’s episode - I think they must edit it something else to make the candidates seem a certain way. There is no way, no way, that Dean can talk the way he does and contribute as little as we are shown. Throughout the series he has been awful, really one of the worst candidates I’ve seen, yet speaks so highly of himself. I know all candidates do it, but it’s very bad with him. His aged showed tonight as well, as he was delighted when Lewis messed up the branding and you could tell he then had an excuse to say it wasn’t his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Best episode of this series so far. Really enjoyed that.

Can't help but feel they stitched Dean up in the editing a bit. Made him look completely inept at every opportunity. The least sincere 'stay in touch' ever from Sugar as he was walking out the door. :pac:

The one with the eyebrows has probably been the most complete candidate throughout the process. Pamela impressive at times too. She speaks very well. Lottie has been amazing entertainment with all the looks she gives and her incapability to interact with people. Can't take to Lewis at all.. Feels like he thinks far too highly of himself. The other one has been alright without being spectacular.
    Looking forward to the interviews. Always the most explosive episode of the series preceding the usual damp squib that is the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Scarlett and Carina are miles ahead of the other three.

Can't see beyond them for the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lewis really crashed and burned in that last episode, Scarlet deserves to be in the final two.

Advertisement