Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

• 08-05-2020 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Currently €100 off when you switch + free Huawei Band worth €75.

Switch to Vodafone and receive a FREE Huawei Band 4 with the Huawei P30 Lite. Offer valid until 31st May 2020 or while stocks last.

Screen: Brilliant 6.15 inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors makes for a crisp display.

Battery life: 3340mAh battery is large and charges faster and lasts longer.

Camera: Triple rear camera, (48MP + 8MP + 2MP) offers wide angles and Bokeh effect from outstanding lenses.

Special feature: Capture incredible images at a distance with Ultimate Zoom.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/huawei/huawei-p30-lite.html?gallery=payg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

donnyvegas wrote: »

Switch to Vodafone and receive a FREE Huawei Band 4 with the Huawei P30 Lite. Offer valid until 31st May 2020 or while stocks last.

Screen: Brilliant 6.15 inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors makes for a crisp display.

Battery life: 3340mAh battery is large and charges faster and lasts longer.

Camera: Triple rear camera, (48MP + 8MP + 2MP) offers wide angles and Bokeh effect from outstanding lenses.

Special feature: Capture incredible images at a distance with Ultimate Zoom.

Will these phones come unlocked to any network?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Much cheaper codes further down that page.

not for the Vodafone Ireland Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

The pro.is 75

The regular band is 25 still a good deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Does DC unlockedr still work?

I used it to unlock a Huawei phone from VF about 2 years ago.think it cost €5 and was a fairly straightforward process.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Does DC unlockedr still work?

I used it to unlock a Huawei phone from VF about 2 years ago.think it cost €5 and was a fairly straightforward process.

not supported

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/supported_models_1/huawei_phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks for that , even though i have a sim card from another network, when it cops im already a customer it wont let me buy . damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

also, any phone i have got from vodafone lately has been unlocked, that was when they had the summer sale with the nokia phones for 1 euro, and i got a huawei p7 lite also unlocked .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm wavering between this and the Samsung M20, that's 166 delivered, which is what this will roughly cost if I need to get it unlocked. No interest in in the fitness band thing. Unless I sold that on. Hmmm.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't bother with eBay unlockers they will let you down as I found out at Xmas when I was badly let down getting a psmart 2019 unlocked best crowd I used was unlock.ie

Don't bother with eBay unlockers they will let you down as I found out at Xmas when I was badly let down getting a psmart 2019 unlocked best crowd I used was unlock.ie

40 euro there

https://www.unlock.ie/unlock-mobile/huawei-p30_lite

Huawei phones amongst the most expensive to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

donnyvegas wrote: »

They mention a 20euro recurring charge, if you buy the phone are ye commiting yourself to a PAYG contract.

They mention a 20euro recurring charge, if you buy teh phone are ye commiting yourself to a PAYG contract.

you're not committing to any recurring charge.

that's just if you want to keep service with Vodafone

"Pay as you go" is exactly how it reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I bought one of these before Xmas on a deal. Hunted around to get it unlocked but ended up paying €45 or thereabouts.

My current network (Eir) tried but with Covid didn't get any reply from the Huawei (normally they email them & get a reply in about a week).

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Where can you purchase this phone, it's not available online

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Where can you purchase this phone, it's not available online

It's available in two of three colours online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

It's not a bad fone but at this stage it's prob only worth about €100 imo

Prob priced about right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Loozer wrote: »
    It's not a bad fone but at this stage it's prob only worth about €100 imo

Prob priced about right

Nope,its far better than a phone worth 100 euro.
    128GB of storage and 4GB of Ram ,its a quality phone .
    The reason its being discounted is probably due to the recently released Huawei P30 Lite New Edition which has 256GB of storage and 6GB of Ram plus a few minor differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

if anyone bought this phone and wants to sell on the Band 4 give me a PM.

I was going to buy one and remembered it was part of this promotion.

I'm sure we can come to a fair deal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Trying to buy this phone and get as far as entering details but get a message then that an error occurred trying to set up billing details? Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Claregirl wrote: »
    Trying to buy this phone and get as far as entering details but get a message then that an error occurred trying to set up billing details? Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Spent hours trying to order the phone, site very slow and picky with details. I repeated the same process a few time, it eventially work when i switched browers (chrome to Edge) but that might be fluke.

I bought a phone off the vodfone site before (about a year ago) and all was smooth, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Bought the phone last year switching to Vodafone purely because I wanted this phone ,this phone is unbelievable,whoever said above its only worth 100euros needs thier head checked, unbelievable storage space and camera is very good,it's a steal and much better then most phones out still.highly recommend getting this phone if ye can guys.

Huawei are a awesome brand,they never let me down nor will I ever switch phone brands again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Darksoul wrote: »
    Bought the phone last year switching to Vodafone purely because I wanted this phone ,this phone is unbelievable,whoever said above its only worth 100euros needs thier head checked, unbelievable storage space and camera is very good,it's a steal and much better then most phones out still.highly recommend getting this phone if ye can guys.

Huawei are a awesome brand,they never let me down nor will I ever switch phone brands again.

+1

Had a p30 lite until last week when i left it on car roof (first ever smashed phone), bought my wife one on vodafone offer in december, cost 120euro, crazy price indeed, IMO worth 250 ish

Awesome handset, awesome brand and i'm stuck with them for the forseeable future, and gladly

Now have a P30 Pro, i'll always remember hearing someone review this handset on the radio, said that if it had an apple or samsung logo on back people would be going nuts over it

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

scudzilla wrote: »
    +1

Had a p30 lite until last week when i left it on car roof (first ever smashed phone), bought my wife one on vodafone offer in december, cost 120euro, crazy price indeed, IMO worth 250 ish

Awesome handset, awesome brand and i'm stuck with them for the forseeable future, and gladly

Now have a P30 Pro, i'll always remember hearing someone review this handset on the radio, said that if it had an apple or samsung logo on back people would be going nuts over it

I'm suprised people don't buy Huawei phones in general, the price is insane for good budget phones,not just that higher up specs like your p30 pro is ridiculously overpowered,me personally they are much better phones then Samsung and iPhone for what you pay for.

It's only when people like yourself buy a phone from Huawei and see how good they really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

+1

People are sheep .
    Apple hardware is underpowered and overpriced but people will lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

What is it with Irish networks, none of them offer dual sim phones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

jim salter wrote: »
    What is it with Irish networks, none of them offer dual sim phones

The Samsung A20 is dual SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

+1

Really? I love Huawei too but my p10 will be my last unless I pick up a p30.

They no longer have android on the newer p40 and I can't face a world with Chinese versions of apps.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    People are sheep .
    Apple hardware is underpowered and overpriced but people will lap it up.

I'm an Android fanboy, but that's just not true. The A13 is more powerful than anything that Androids have. As a whole, they're definitely overpriced, though.

For anyone who has ordered this deal, how long did it take to ship?

Advertisement