Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile

• 14-06-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Got a leaflet today. Looked interesting hence the post.

www.lycamobile.ie

They are offering:

€0.19 per min for mobile calls in Ireland
    €0.03 per min to landline calls
    €0.09 for text messages (National + International)
    Free lyca to lyca mobile calls
    Very cheap calling rates for lot of countries

+

Unlimited Free internet
    On the site it says: valid from 1st June to 30th June 2012 but no mention when the offer ends.
    http://www.lycamobile.ie/mobile-internet/en
    Wonder whats the catch?? :confused: Will they allow tethering?

Also which network they are going to use, o2, voda, 3....???

Minimum toptup is only €5 + Double your credit when you topup online.

You can order free sim from their site.

I am thinking of giving it a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Think there mostly aiming more at international calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sammy1301

i found that very interesting i call Morocco 40mins and pay 3c i m calling home now more often and find out that i can call usa landline mobile txt 1c amazing deal

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Ali, please contact the boards.ie team to verify your account for official support. You'll get a nice blue title to stand out then.
    I see all your replies last night in the other thread were deleted by someone, so it's best if you contact the boards team so all your replies can stay :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I certainly hope it's not a genuine account! Text speak and poor sentence construction leaves a tad unprofessional'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Whole company is unprofessional. I've posted previously in the main thread. Not had time to update there but things hav'nt got any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Anyone using these?

The seem great value calling landlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

I'm using Lycamobile; their customer service is very slow and poor but the voice and data services work very well. The international voice call service, in particular, is more reliable than TescoMobile.

It's hard to beat their 30 day mobile broadband bundle (1GB limit) for €6.49; best in market, I believe, although it's just a promotional rate at the moment. No tethering restrictions on this service as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I'm currently using it and found customer service to be good. But I found that only mastercard-secure and 3d-visa eligible prepaid cards are accepted for online recharge. Laser cards or any other prepaid cards (like O2 or 3V) are not acceptable.

The international voice call service, in particular, is more reliable than TescoMobile.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

has anyone ported from other irish networks to lyca?
    i am having problems porting my number from emobile to lyca.
    they are asking for
    Batch ID*
    Batch Count*
    Batch Portnumber
    emobile guys do not have these number

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

All you need for a number port to Lyca is;

- Name.
    - Email.
    - Lyca Mobile Number.
    - Lyca SIM Card.
    - Your current Mobile Number.
    - Your current SIM Card Number.
    - Your current network provider.

as per their webpage.

.....if Lyca are looking for the data listed below then you are talking to the wrong people.......
    has anyone ported from other irish networks to lyca?
    i am having problems porting my number from emobile to lyca.
    they are asking for
    Batch ID*
    Batch Count*
    Batch Portnumber
    emobile guys do not have these number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Is it me or does anyone else think that this whole thread smacks of advertising by Lycamobile reps?

Access wrote: »
    Is it me or does anyone else think that this whole thread smacks of advertising by Lycamobile reps?

you are absolutely wrong. I was with 2 networks before I moved to Lyca for it's been cost-friendly for my kind of usage. I'm a regular international call user. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CommShepard

I've been using Lycamobile for a month now, I'm quite happy with the rates but I noticed something strange:

If a friend of mine tries to call me from an Irish Vodafone no. my phone does not ring at all. He's diverted to voice-mail immediately and on my phone I see a missed call.

There's no problem from o2 number, from landline or calls from abroad and I can call any numbers (including this vodafone one) with no problem.

have you experienced a problem like this? cust service was not very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I've been using Lycamobile for a month now, I'm quite happy with the rates but I noticed something strange:

If a friend of mine tries to call me from an Irish Vodafone no. my phone does not ring at all. He's diverted to voice-mail immediately and on my phone I see a missed call.

There's no problem from o2 number, from landline or calls from abroad and I can call any numbers (including this vodafone one) with no problem.

Is your number one from Lyca, or did you port your number to Lyca?
    It's a bad sign if cust support aren't helpful!

When I saw the quoted posted above, I also felt to tell some strange thing that I have been experiencing. When I try to call any Lyca mobile including mine from VoipYo (a voip service provider), it doesn't get connected; instead some ?chinese (or it may actually be some other language) words are heard from other side later which it says that the number is wrong...bla..bla..bla.

I don't know if it is the same with calls from other voip-service (other than VoipYo), to Lyca. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CommShepard

It's a Lycamobile no.

Cust service told me they did not hear a problem like this, but they investigate it. I never heard from them again.

It's a Lycamobile no.

Cust service told me they did not hear a problem like this, but they investigate it. I never heard from them again.

Contact them on their website. They would reply to you. I experienced few problems for which I sent a querry on their website. They replied to me by mail; and called me too.

With minimum recharge (min available €5), you get unlimited texts to any network and unlimited data. But offer valid for Sept (texts) and till Oct (data); hope they will extend it which they have been doing for other offers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

14. We automatically deactivate SIM cards if you do not use them to make a call or send a text for more than 90 days. Unfortunately these SIM cards cannot be reconnected and the mobile number also stops being available for you to use after this time.
    Are they kidding?

If I go away for a 3 month holiday without my mobile SIM (since roaming is still laughably expensive), I can come back to find my phone number seized and reassigned? The phone number I've had for 10 years, since before Lycamobile existed? No thanks. Sent a request to Comreg for clarification on this nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Most mobile operators deactivate SIM if its not used in 6 month. Best way to keep you number active is send a txt message if you are outside country. That cost about 25 cents.

I guess 25 cents in 3 months is not that expensive.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Most mobile operators deactivate SIM if its not used in 6 month.
    Indeed, but I checked Tesco Mobile's T&Cs and they give you another 6 months after that to reactivate it. So 12 months before they might steal your number. These guys are automatically stealing it after 3 months, which seems crazy.
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    Best way to keep you number active is send a txt message if you are outside country. That cost about 25 cents.

I guess 25 cents in 3 months is not that expensive.
    Not expensive, sure, but annoying that you're forced to do it. I know people who have just left their SIMs at home and gone abroad for several months on foreign language teaching courses etc. Having to switch in your home SIM and send a text or top up just to stop them from robbing your number is obviously not ideal.

zynaps wrote: »
    Indeed, but I checked Tesco Mobile's T&Cs and they give you another 6 months after that to reactivate it. So 12 months before they might steal your number. These guys are automatically stealing it after 3 months, which seems crazy.
    Just an update for anyone else concerned about this - two people at Comreg got back to me and explained that after your number is "quarantined" for lack of inactivity, you have 13 months to reclaim your number and, if you wish, port it to another network:
    Comreg wrote:
    While the number is in quarantine it is kept by the last network you had the number on but must be made available to you should you wish to port to any other network. The number belongs to you during this period. Should the number not be reclaimed after this time frame then the number will be recycled.
    So this is good. I'm not sure why Lycamobile's T&Cs suggest otherwise; it seems like needless FUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

You can use bonus credit for international calls as well.
    Moving from tesco mobile to lyca shortly ;) after my tesco credit will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you top up by €5, you get €5 bonus credit. You then have €10 in your account. Can you then send a text to *139*10100# and get the €9 bundled tarriff which currently gives you 150 mins and unlimited texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

If you top up by €5, you get €5 bonus credit. You then have €10 in your account. Can you then send a text to *139*10100# and get the €9 bundled tarriff which currently gives you 150 mins and unlimited texts?
    That's what I did and seems ok. You also get unlimited data with that bundle. It only shows 150mb when I check the balance but I called them and they confirmed its unlimited (~9Gb anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Ken bryan

Access wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing .
    Which is why I think hmmmmm .
    when I read all these posts .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Lycamobile using 02 network.

Advertisement