Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jack67

Trying to port number over....extremely bad service so far. Clueless people on the webchat team giving conflicting information.
    When you sign up on onebigswitch they are quick enough to ring you back to get your bank details though. So far not very impressed.

Yea I ported over yesterday , through the webchat, first person I was on to wanted my account number from previous provider, told him it was a payg sim and I didn't have account number , said he couldnt help me , then I tried to ring help services , waited 20 minutes no one answered and I hung up. i tried webchat again this time I didn't need account number , just provider name ,the phone number I wanted to port and all was good ported over no problem all done in 15 minutes . happy with it so far signal is strong , speed is good and the free eir sports pack works great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

darg wrote: »
    Just a word of warning regarding how atrocious eir customer care is; ported over to this deal midday tuesday, old sim deactivated and new sim working however my original number didnt transfer to the new sim. Over 3 hours to customer care (most of it on hold waiting to get through) and over 48 hours later my number still hasnt transferred. Abysmal service imo

This is why i have kept away from this offer and the onebigswitch one, tempting though they are.
    Last year I lost my 12 year old number for almost 2 weeks because of eir porting.
    On top of that it took them 4 months to reimburse almost 500euro they took from my account

Support is unbelievably brutal.
    Stores can do nothing, phone support is non-existant.

The very thought of having to deal with eir if anything goes wrong is enough to raise my blood pressure:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Just as an aside, if anyone has issues with any company's billing you have multiple options instead of talking to that company :

If charges are going through your credit / debit card, contact your bank and raise a chargeback. You'll get refunded by the bank and they'll chase the company for you.

If its a direct debit, you can restrict the amount the company is allowed to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

havin problems trying to port ny number across...they say hey're sending me the verification code by text but i never receive it. I'm currently with Lycamobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

havin problems trying to port ny number across...they say hey're sending me the verification code by text but i never receive it. I'm currently with Lycamobile

Try calling into an Eir store to do the port.

• Advertisement

After 9am ...I received it so it must have been a problem over the weekend. Must be Mon to Friday possibly.

You are correct. When I got onto online chat to port about a month ago they couldn't do it until the Monday.
    The Eir stores can definitely port at weekends as I did it on a Saturday and got the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Can you get Eir wifi with this?

I know 30Gb, but for speed and battey sake, be nice to have Wifi hotspots where possible

jeffk wrote: »
    Can you get Eir wifi with this?

I know 30Gb, but for speed and battey sake, be nice to have Wifi hotspots where possible

Yes

All sorted now. Much better speed than lycamobile so far. When i gegistered for myeir my package says 14.99 a month until 2020 and then 29.99 a month thereafter. Must remember to cancel this time next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 macmansion

Some good information in this thread for anybody thinking of switching to Eir.

My experience is that the coverage is noticeably better that the Three network, although not as good as Vodafone.
    But if anything goes wrong and you need to deal with customer service then watch out!
    I've already taken a case to ComReg this year and am about to start a second one to get small problems resolved. It's truly difficult to convey how inept this company is.

BUT I have still rejoined Eir because this deal is so good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

macmansion wrote: »

My experience is that the coverage is noticeably better that the Three network, although not as good as Vodafone.
    But if anything goes wrong and you need to deal with customer service then watch out!
    I've already taken a case to ComReg this year and am about to start a second one to get small problems resolved. It's truly difficult to convey how inept this company is.

Indeed, my experience with them over the years (as eircom/emobile/meteor/eir) is that the product itself is actually pretty good and competitively priced and specced for what you get.

But their billing/support/back office operations are abysmal! I too have had multiple comreg cases to resolve simple problems.

So, if it all works you'll have no problem and be happy. If anything goes wrong though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,249 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do they give notice to virgin or it porting they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

ted1 wrote: »

The request to port is the notice I think. If there's any problems on their end virgin will reject it. If porting to a different network you don't need to give 30 days notice, just if you're cancelling to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Find the speeds massively inferior to Vodafone, but still much better then Three and useable for the most part. Vodafone really do have the best network though. Even things like seamless switching between 3g/4g etc. It's just the best. But I'm going to give this a go considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

i thought vodafone use the three network?

people go on about Ryanair having bad service. but at least with Ryanair if you play by the rules you get a good cheap service. Eir is just awful. i might see if Lycamobile have better offers. they use the Three network so i hope the coverage will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Find the speeds massively inferior to Vodafone, but still much better then Three and useable for the most part. Vodafone really do have the best network though. Even things like seamless switching between 3g/4g etc. It's just the best. But I'm going to give this a go considering the price.

Any idea in numbers how much of a difference please

Ive a week left on Vodafone and finding issues at times with connections and then only 15Gb so looking at moving mostly for data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

I'm currently on an eir sim only contract. Rang the number and the lady said she couldn't help - offered to put me through to Eir Loyalty - 30 mins of Hold music and I eventually hung up....:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

blindsider wrote: »
    I'm currently on an eir sim only contract. Rang the number and the lady said she couldn't help - offered to put me through to Eir Loyalty - 30 mins of Hold music and I eventually hung up....:-(

If your out of contract just port your no over to prepay (pay as you go) and when that goes through ring to have you signed up and ported to this deal.
    I did similar but I collected a sim from the shop, didn’t cost nowt.
    I collected the sim at 11. Was ported to it by 12, and then signed up to this deal by 1.10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ted1 wrote: »

If you're on Bill pay, even if out of contract, you have to give your existing network 30 days notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    macmansion wrote: »

Indeed, my experience with them over the years (as eircom/emobile/meteor/eir) is that the product itself is actually pretty good and competitively priced and specced for what you get.

But their billing/support/back office operations are abysmal! I too have had multiple comreg cases to resolve simple problems.

So, if it all works you'll have no problem and be happy. If anything goes wrong though.....
    Not worth it if u have to deal with what they call " customer care"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Can you just sign up for this offer online?

Much less chance of any mistakes happening etc. if you can just do it all yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

reni10 wrote: »
    Can you just sign up for this offer online?

Much less chance of any mistakes happening etc. if you can just do it all yourself!

Nope. Phonecall/Call back only.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

I've read every post on this thread so I know my frustration is shared - but I am just wondering if anybody actually has the trick for getting through to customer service because i am at the end of my tether trying to get through to them. I'm an Eir customer since 2012 (Meteor back then) and I want to change my plan to SIM only - I'm out of contract since last December. No real issues with service or coverage where I am - I just don't want to be paying through the nose every month when I am out of contract and not interested in changing my phone any time soon. Why should/would I pay 60 quid a month where I can get a better package on sim only plan for 15 quid?

I went into a store months back to see how to go about changing, I was told to call online. I was obviously very naive in thinking that someone in a store could assist and I would rather speak with a human. Unfortunately the chap in store gave me a number for new sales and not the loyalty team - 30 minutes of my life wasted.

Tried to locate the loyalty number - contacted webchat - wasted 20 minutes providing them with all the information bar what I had for my breakfast that morning - only to be given a number for the loyalty team.

Tried ringing that number umpteen times - at least 5 times over the last month. 1800303452 is the number I was given. After 30 minutes on hold with that god awful music, I give up.

This morning I was determined - rang 1800 303453 - and call was picked up after about 34 minutes. Girl on phone asked for my account number (which I don't have because for whatever reason, I cannot and have not been able to access my bills on myEir) so I gave her my mobile number. After a pregnant pause, she then said she could not deal with my query as she was in the landline and broadband department and not mobile department and that she would put me in a queue for the relevant department but that it was busy and I could be waiting (having already been on the phone for guts of 40 minutes). She wouldn't give me a number for the loyalty team for existing mobile customers.

I mean I genuinely could have thrown my phone out the window at this point - being sent from pillar to post and after wasting literally hours trying to get this sorted and never getting any closer to resolution. Even though I don't have an issue with Eir coverage or services, I want to cut my phone bill massively now that I am out of contract.

Has anybody on here by any chance got the correct contact number for the loyalty team for existing mobile (as opposed to landline/bb) customers?

you know the answer, leave Eir. Plenty of other mobile providers for about 15 euro. even if you get this new contract. What happens when the next issue arrises, you need to go through the process again.

Cheeky Eir charged my 6 euros for a few days coverage even though my sim was never in the phone before i moved back to my old phone operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

VF is waiting bud,,,,,,no comparison to the eir ****e customer care,wake up ppl EIR DO NOT CARE !

Ring 1800 303 719 and they should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

VF is waiting bud,,,,,,no comparison to the eir ****e customer care,wake up ppl EIR DO NOT CARE !

Vodafone are as bad, if not worse.

They're moving to a callback only model for support, can't ring up and be put straight through to most departments any more. Plenty of reports online of only being able to schedule callbacks days away. At least they can say they don't leave people stuck on hold, eh!!

Their social media team seem to have gone MIA for the last month - a handful of responses here on boards, no responses in well over a week on their own website forum and most posts on their facebook unresponded to bar a generic post about receiving a high volume of queries and they're working through them in the order received.

Live chat is permanently busy.

Out of the frying pan etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

KildareP wrote: »

They're moving to a callback only model for support, can't ring up and be put straight through to most departments any more. Plenty of reports online of only being able to schedule callbacks days away. At least they can say they don't leave people stuck on hold, eh!!

Their social media team seem to have gone MIA for the last month - a handful of responses here on boards, no responses in well over a week on their own website forum and most posts on their facebook unresponded to bar a generic post about receiving a high volume of queries and they're working through them in the order received.

I agree with all that. Vodafone are an absolute disaster. I wouldn't be joining them and paying them for their well over priced monthly plans. For €15pm with Eir, once you're up and running, you can't beat that price. The network works fine for me and I never need to contact their customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

KildareP wrote: »

I've noticed that with VF, I'd say they'll be hopping off boards following eir

Live chat - true, takes ages to get onto chat (my experience a week or two ago)

I don't understand why comms companies lack communications skills...

Advertisement