Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

• 13-06-2015 10:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Just wondering is there any cheap Chinese versions of a dream box and does anybody know where id look for one.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

This isnt for illegal use by the why. I just want to turn my tv in to a smart tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

ComfortKid wrote: »
    This isnt for illegal use by the why. I just want to turn my tv in to a smart tv.

Dont get a fire stick!!!!! android M8 smart box with a gyroscopic air mouse (very important) not air mouse but gyroscopic air mouse aka fly mouse.

If you purchase a smart box (not fire stick) pm me your email and i will forward you the required download links out of the goodness of my heart.

I cancelled my TV package thats how great these boxes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hiya do you have a laptop/table that can connect to the to via hdmi? If so you can just download an app, which will stream everything for you to the tv

• Advertisement

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hiya do you have a laptop/table that can connect to the to via hdmi? If so you can just download an app, which will stream everything for you to the tv

Many people are doing this with old laptops if you remove the battery and connect the fly mouse to the computer via the dongle you can achieve the same effect the only down side is the noise of the machine and power consumption not recommended for someone that would like to use a streaming device as a main source of entertainment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Any advice on an air mouse to get?? I spotted this thread and like the idea of an air mouse connected to a raspberry pi next to the TV

Clareman wrote: »
    Any advice on an air mouse to get?? I spotted this thread and like the idea of an air mouse connected to a raspberry pi next to the TV

Mele F10 its also has a built in speaker i use it for skype/FB calls through my TV on reverse of the remote there is a keyboard.

71dH8oEDT-L._SL1500_.jpg

But you can buy a similar m3 fly mouse in ireland that takes regular batteries.
    Still id suggest ordering the mele and waiting for delivery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Mele F10 its also has a built in speaker i use it for skype/FB calls through my TV on reverse of the remote there is a keyboard.

]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71dH8oEDT-L._SL1500_.jpg

But you can buy a similar m3 fly mouse in ireland that takes regular batteries.
    Still id suggest ordering the mele and waiting for delivery.

Thanks did that, to eBay I go :) I have a Vu+ Ultimo and the remote looks very like that and the wife is used to it so it should be perfect

Clareman wrote: »
    Thanks did that, to eBay I go :) I have a Vu+ Ultimo and the remote looks very like that and the wife is used to it so it should be perfect

Haha its must be nuclear powered i havent charged the remote in months.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Don't bother with the cheap stuff from China - they work fine but can be a bit unstable and there is a high failure rate as well especially after extended use.

Buy the Google Nexus Player and the Mele F10 above. Root the Nexus and put lollirock into it and away you go.

I've had several of the Chinese boxes and while most were fine and perfectly useable, none were a patch on the stability and usability of the nexus player.

The caveat here is that you install Lollirock though. Without it the nexus player is a piece of crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Is it xbmc that you put on the nexus player then?

No, I don't have XBMC on it at all. I find it way too clunky and everything takes loads if button presses to do anything and repos keep breaking etc. so its a bit head wrecking to be honest.

I use plex for movies, TV shows and music plus various android apps for TV. I'm pretty sure some of them can't be named here so have a Google for them.

To cut off cable completely requires a fair bit of messing around with the box and even more so when using XBMC so don't expect an out of box solution like the old dreamboxes were. It's also not 100% reliable so there will be times when things won't work, again even more so with XBMC so be ready for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

If you buy an android box to use in Ireland, Can you use the box in America by just using a travel adapter?
    thanks

normakelle wrote: »
    If you buy an android box to use in Ireland, Can you use the box in America by just using a travel adapter?
    thanks

Yup seen as rj45's are universal and the wifi is standard all you need the power adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thinking of getting my dad one for fathers day.

Would this one be worthwhile?

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I got this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X3TA5KU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    just last week in fact. The user interface is handy enough to use * for the o-h and my less then tech savvy uncle. Really fast and have yet to find a fault.
    I got the mobie dazzle boxes too, but passed them on and kept the j-bonest.

daytob wrote: »
    I got this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X3TA5KU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    just last week in fact. The user interface is handy enough to use * for the o-h and my less then tech savvy uncle. Really fast and have yet to find a fault.
    I got the mobie dazzle boxes too, but passed them on and kept the j-bonest.

Cheers, just bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thinking of getting my dad one for fathers day.

Would this one be worthwhile?

You should get an M8S for less, links for eBay earlier in thread. It's a more recent box with S812 chip, got one last December from China.

Cheers, just bought it.

You wont regret that but order a fly mouse if you give it to your dad without one it wont be used.

Pocoyo wrote: »
    You wont regret that but order a fly mouse if you give it to your dad without one it wont be used.

What, are you saying he won't use the box if he doesn't have the air mouse?

Already purchased the box, should be there on thurs with him.

I'm headed up home for a long weekend at the start of July, so may get one fire myself depending on his set up.

The remotes that come with these boxes are rubbish and pretty much unusable. You need an air mouse or wireless keyboard/mouse combo to set it up.

This is the one I linked and he said he bought.
    it comes with a wireless keyboard

daytob wrote: »
    This is the one I linked and he said he bought.
    it comes with a wireless keyboard

Yep, got that exact one.

Cost me £63 sterling (I don't let Amazon convert into euro) and will be with him thurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'm debating getting one of these as Sky seems to be only increasing in price!

Ok Lads, bit of a dilemma here.

My Dad received parcel this morning (gotta love Amazon) and he was out when the Postman delivered ~(Royal mail).

The postman chucked the parcel over the back gate of the house as they had popped out for a bit.

Turns out my dads dog (not a year old yet) has savaged the parcel, and he reckons the wireless keyboard is totally and utterly bolloxed (everything else remained intact). I'll throw up pics as soon as he sends them on to me.

Anyways, is this now completely unusable without a keyboard?

Unfknblievable. :mad:

eIYZJrl.jpg

• Advertisement

get him to plug it in. he might get away without using it till you send him a dog proof replacement

Advertisement