Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is something way more trivial, it's baking-related. When you're reading recipes or watching videos on the web, they seldom tell you what size of a baking tin they're using. This makes a huge difference in how the bread/cake turns out. Would it kill them to give you the measurements?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New Home wrote: »
    And that is why the world is going to hell in a handcart. :(:(:(
    Basically the world is run by psychopaths who value their bottom line over human life.

Innit nice when McDs, the coffee companies etc put nice xmas designs on their packaging?
    It makes all the litter so much easier on the eye :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Basically the world is run by psychopaths who value their bottom line over human life.

Why should they care? They're hardly going to be around to pay the consequences of their actions. :/ :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Not been able to read a Snapchat message without actually opening the message. With some apps I like been able to slide down the notification bar, read the message without opening it and then pretending I didn't see it until the message isn't relevant anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have a notification on chrome my phone and I don't know what it is or how to get rid of it.
    Oh and its 2.30 and I'm awake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Was awake most of the night twisting and turning about something that has made me feel worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

First day back at work after five days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Journalists still wittering on about that school leggings fake news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The way the big media companies fill us full of unimportant crapola and when something that will really effect us happens they stay silent.
    For eg. they are going to (they might have done it already in fact) dump over a million tonnes of dangerous contaminated water from Fukushima into the ocean. Why? because it is the cheapest option available to them :mad:
    https://globalvoices.org/2020/10/31/decision-to-dump-radioactive-water-from-the-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-site-into-the-ocean-sparks-alarm/

Not a fecking peep about it from any of the big papers or tv news and websites.

The Guardian and other newspapers have reported repeatedly on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister getting snotty because I made plans with my brother without her. Eh, we're not obliged to do everything en famille, you know. Our other brother and sister couldn't give a fiddler's, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I get that with Gogglebox that my gf likes. The way he says "Giles and Mary from Wiltshire" does my head in

The guy who does the voiceover on the Irish Gogglebox...Rory whatshisface. (He sounds like he is constantly auditioning for a pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The vaccines..sorry but I just don't want to go back to the 9-5 rat race :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭stopthevoting

The pronunciation of NPHET was annoying enough, but now I have just seen it printed as Nphet in a newspaper.

Anytime I see fleece jackets I get annoyed, they feel horrible and look horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Con job, lying, buck passing trades men. You fitted it in the first place. You are the reason it's not been done properly. I'm in no mood, so good luck with me tomorrow. I almost feel sorrow for you, dealing with me in the frame of mind I'm in currently. Almost...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I have difficulty with portion control :rolleyes:

I have difficulty with portion control :rolleyes:

According to the pizza box it serves four people, so I'm eating for four people. I buy "share" bags of sweets because there is a miserable amount in normal bags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Not trivial but watching The Hunger - Story of the Famine and I’m angry and sad.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!

Ah this! Boots feckin did that to me during lockdown, kept sending emails telling me to buy their stuff, and when I went onto their webpage, literally everything was sold out. At one stage there was a queue to even get onto the site (where they had nothing).

A related TA is the absolute selfishness of other women who were also pregnant at the time panic buying bulk amounts of maternity supplies, formula etc. from boots. There wasn't a thing to be got, even maternity pads. They had to limit the number of boxes of formula per customer. I just couldn't bulk buy stuff like that thinking about leaving someone else short.

Was in Lidl getting formula and we usually have two boxes - one on the go and a spare so we don't have to run out late at night. So, doing the shopping we'd get two. This particular time there were two boxes left, and I couldn't bring myself to take the second last and the last one so came home with one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

siblers wrote: »
    People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.

There's something very British about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've heard sly used a bit here.
    You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.

I need a week away, maybe on the Moon where people don't take any notice, just hang out with some irregular rocks instead.

I've heard sly used a bit here.
    You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.

Another one is 'sneaky'. I'm having a sneaky kebab. No your face is covered in sauces and it's all over your togs. Feck all sneaky about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.

Following on from 'cheeky' , 'sly' , and 'sneaky' ; my TA is when some bird (it's always a bird :p - but the way things are going that's subject to change :confused:) comes out with I've been a good girl, cos she's managed to eat less than what she normally does; or summit healthy... or a combo of both..

At a loss as to how eating little, or healthy makes a person think that they've been good :pac: And they usually sound perky and chipper when they trod that line out; which ups the TA factor a few notches more than what it would've been were it uttered matter-of-factedly :D

Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.

Come to the Moon with me. It'll be cool. Probably freezing even :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bought a new alarm clock with a wake up light function. The wake up light is working grand but for some reason when the clock radio comes on it keeps getting louder and louder. Who uses a clock radio and turns it off as soon as it comes on? Can't figure out how to stop it doing that. I'll usually lie there for a few minutes and listen to the news before I get up. Can't do that with this one as it becomes so loud after about 30 seconds it's unbearable.

So I'm either returning it, or I'm just gonna go back to my old clock radio and put the new one on my husband's side on mute so we get the light but no deafening alarm. He's the one who wants the damn light anyway.

• Advertisement

Reports of people queuing for Penney's from 4am this morning. They are open for the next THREE WEEKS!

Do people think all the pjs (sorry, jammies) are going to sell out? Really, one of the biggest fast fashion retailers is so clueless about operations and stock control that there won't be any pjs left in the country? They will just sell them all in one day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement