Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Installation ID for HKC APP

• 15-08-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Guys

Have a replacement phone and i need to find the installation id to log in again

I've looked though the panel while in engineering mode, and i can't seam to find it anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

simohall wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Have a replacement phone and i need to find the installation id to log in again

I've looked though the panel while in engineering mode, and i can't seam to find it anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Out of engineers mode press 0*9 followed by your user code. displays the site id and password

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Roto.D

Hi All, Exact same issue, new phone and need to set up SecureComm app - I have the site ID from the older phone settings but not the password. When I tap in 0*9 on the panel I get Quick Denied -
    Appreciate any help out there. Thanks

Who ever installed it has disabled that option it can be turned on in the engineer mode other wise you need to try get it from HKC but they don't like dealing with the end user so get the installer to get it for you

Roto.D wrote: »
    Hi All, Exact same issue, new phone and need to set up SecureComm app - I have the site ID from the older phone settings but not the password. When I tap in 0*9 on the panel I get Quick Denied -
    Appreciate any help out there. Thanks

Thanks. Any idea How To enable it in engineering mode?

Yes if you have the engineer code it is in systems ops menu then go to the quick key menu and enable 0*9 in there

quote="Roto.D;101529080"]Thanks. Any idea How To enable it in engineering mode?[/quote]

• Advertisement

Or go to the comms menu and then to secure comm menu and your details are in there
    stuartkee wrote: »
    Yes if you have the engineer code it is in systems ops menu then go to the quick key menu and enable 0*9 in there

quote="Roto.D;101529080"]Thanks. Any idea How To enable it in engineering mode?
    [/quote]

Thanks stuartkee,
    I have the engineer code

If you have the engineer code it is in systems ops menu then go to the quick key menu and enable 0*9 in there
    Tried this but the quick key only go to 0*7 then back to 0*1 - no option to enable 0*9

Or go to comms menu and then to secure comm menu and your details are in there

I cant find a comms menu - its an older 812 panel with the GSM-SC - is it buried deeper in one of the other menus?

Yes goto the comms menu then dialler menu it will ask for the factory code that is 4567 and it's in there on the 8/12

quote="Roto.D;101529916"]Thanks stuartkee,
    I have the engineer code

If you have the engineer code it is in systems ops menu then go to the quick key menu and enable 0*9 in there
    Tried this but the quick key only go to 0*7 then back to 0*1 - no option to enable 0*9

I cant find a comms menu - its an older 812 panel with the GSM-SC - is it buried deeper in one of the other menus?[/quote]

stuartkee wrote: »
    Yes goto the comms menu then dialler menu it will ask for the factory code that is 4567 and it's in there on the 8/12

quote="Roto.D;101529916"]Thanks stuartkee,
    I have the engineer code

I cant find a comms menu - its an older 812 panel with the GSM-SC - is it buried deeper in one of the other menus?
    [/quote]

Legend... Thanks mill Stuart. I had already changed the factory code but I knew what it is. Excellent stuff. Got my Site Password and now back up and running with Securecomm on the new phone. Thanks million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having this problem having switched phones, I have the installation ID but for the life of me I don’t know what the password is, thought it would be one of the 4 digit codes set for the alarm but it doesn’t appear to be.

My installer said he doesn’t have any codes and I should have everything so I’m a bit lost as to what to do.

Tried following the 0*9 path as mentioned above but it says access denied.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sono wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having this problem having switched phones, I have the installation ID but for the life of me I don’t know what the password is, thought it would be one of the 4 digit codes set for the alarm but it doesn’t appear to be.

My installer said he doesn’t have any codes and I should have everything so I’m a bit lost as to what to do.

Tried following the 0*9 path as mentioned above but it says access denied.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Sounds like the code you are using does not have the permission to view or else your installer disabled the 0*9.
    If that's the case you will need to contact your installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

I have hkc 1070. I have hkc app to turn on and off.
    How do I set it up so i can turn alarm on and off via a text message from my mobile?

Currently I receive text message to phone when there is an alarm but i cannot reply to this message.
    Thanks

There is a HKC gateway text number that you text to control the alarm via text it's 0870545756
    They you use the commands to arm or disarm
    To turn off the alarm you send the code for the alarm then a space then the word disarm looks like this
    1234 disarm
    1234 arm
    1234 stat
    1234 force
    The commands will only work in that way so code number a space and then one of the above commands it can take up to a minute to work and you will also get a confirmation text when it's done.
    Regards Stuart

baegan wrote: »
    I have hkc 1070. I have hkc app to turn on and off.
    How do I set it up so i can turn alarm on and off via a text message from my mobile?

Currently I receive text message to phone when there is an alarm but i cannot reply to this message.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭damienf1

Hey sorry dig this up again i have hkc alarm and hust found out about the ap. But when i key in 0*9 it gives me message not installed i do have engineer code if someone can point me how install it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

damienf1 wrote: »
    Hey sorry dig this up again i have hkc alarm and hust found out about the ap. But when i key in 0*9 it gives me message not installed i do have engineer code if someone can point me how install it? Thanks

The panels do not come with the necessary unit, it is an add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭damienf1

kub wrote: »
    The panels do not come with the necessary unit, it is an add on.

There is sim card in the unit or do need something additional also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

damienf1 wrote: »
    There is sim card in the unit or do need something additional also

Seems like you have the older unit that was only capable of text notification and text control.

Also worth bearing mind is the software on your panel is old and will not support the new GSM app unit so you will also need to upgrade the panel firmware.

All do able but best and quickest option is contact your local HKC installer to do it because unless the gsm matches the panel software your wasting your money buying it.

quote="damienf1;113056445"]There is sim card in the unit or do need something additional also[/quote]

Advertisement