Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golfnet.ie: new member with handicap showing as N/A

• 19-03-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've joined as club as a country member and handed in the 3 cards for my handicap.

I got the chip card in the post and have a login for the golfnet.ie site.

Now the club told me i was getting 18 but upon logon to that site I see my handicap is listed as N/A although all my other information is correct.

Is this the clubs fault or the sites ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Probably the club havn't had "handicap counting" competitions yet... i.e 18 hole full competitions.

Did you click on member details and handicap details...???

Your handicap record will say n/a but the other stuff should be up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Yeah, that could be it, they've only had 9 hole members competitions so far.
    Check member and handicap details and waiting on a call back from the club captain.
    All other records up to date.

If I hand in a card in an open competition though will it be disqualified ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Shouldn't be.. I would get a handicap cert or letter from your club stating your h/cap..thats routine and shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure they stamp it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭corkandproud

The "18" is only a provisional handicap, you will onyl get an official handicap once three qualifying rounds have been recorded.

GUI rules. If you win a club competition you should not be disqualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

The "18" is only a provisional handicap, you will onyl get an official handicap once three qualifying rounds have been recorded.

GUI rules. If you win a club competition you should not be disqualified.

Not strictly true. A club may allocate a handicap once three cards have been submitted and that is that.

A club may also allocate a provisional handicap after three cards are submitted and then review it after three cards are submitted.

S

• Advertisement
Advertisement