Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My glands are exposed all the time, even when flaccid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spurup

Seanachai wrote: »
    1) You are in the exact same position that I was/am, it sounds like your frenulum is too short to allow for the expansion of an erection. Too short and attached too close to the opening. I think this could just be a minor deformity that some guys have. Genetics, fungal infection, who knows......

2) I had a frenuloplasty and what's called a preputioplasty, lengthening of the frenulum using a 'Z' incision and a partial circumcision for the skin that had become too tight during development. It is still too short however and I need more work on the frenulum, possibly full removal. I want to avoid a full circ at all costs.

3) I have some noticeable scarring, I'm prone to scarring in general though. I'm going to try use pure silicone gels and collagen supplements to improve their appearance.

4) I was in and out in a day, I was supposed to have somebody bring me home, but I just got the bus from the clinic home. I was only given a 'twilight sedative', I was just sore and groggy making my way home.

5) I got it done on a Saturday and was back in work (office) on the Tuesday, I looked like an old man sitting down and wincing for a while and I had to bring a bandage kit in my jacket and do some maintenance in a cubicle at lunchtime.

PM me if you would like the clinic name, I would advise being prepared in advance with a special kit for aftercare and if it's possible to let someone in work know, in case you need to adjust some bandages etc. Bring a spare pair of underwear, trousers etc as a small bleed could come through at some stage.

Same questions as the OP and situation here
    Never realised I had a problem until the prospect of sex arose and difficulties followed. No real person or family member to discuss with so quite naive until recently.

Have had a few famines re women etc and back in action recently but the whole sex thing including hand relief and up tends to be agony and has me stopping the clock on 90%+ of occassions and have little desire or confidence in progressing to intercourse and very little experience , now pushing 40.

Very frustrating for me and her in this situation ie current relationship and several ladies have dumped me prior because of it all understandably

Anyway have now got a circ operation booked in . Any thoughts or advice . Does it work? Can one have sex without problems..? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Hi guys, like others here long time reader. I went to the GP with what he said was a 'Frenelum Breve' so referred me to Vincents Private who he recommended. Got the appointment but it's not until December - is that wait time usual? I thought i'd be in the next few weeks (not that it's an emergency). Getting nervous but hoping he can do a 'job' to retain some foreskin! Just wondering is the wait time usual...and how long after the consultant appointment did you go in for the procedure? Many Thanks - guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

Had a bad case of paraphomisis but thank god sorted today. My question is can I go forward as normal or wiĺl it happen the whole time now? I'm 39, female pulling very hard at my foreskin last week was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kilkennyman83

Can anybody advise if they've had a partial circumcision with anybody other than the Dr in Malahide? The first urology consultant I've been to has said he doesn't perform partial circumcision. I have good health insurance and would like to utilise it if possible and get the result I'd like, that being partial. Malahide unfortunately doesn't seem to be insurance compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Can anybody advise if they've had a partial circumcision with anybody other than the Dr in Malahide? The first urology consultant I've been to has said he doesn't perform partial circumcision. I have good health insurance and would like to utilise it if possible and get the result I'd like, that being partial. Malahide unfortunately doesn't seem to be insurance compatible.

I got the full job done, not the partial one. Ive not looked back. Its excellent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

From what I've learned on this thread down the years is that, or it strongly seems that, the doctors in this country seem to have little experience, or knowledge about scarily enough, or will to try any procedures beyond complete removal of the foreskin. To a degree that frankly staggered and staggers me. It's somewhat akin to being in a country of dentists who react to any tooth problem with extraction. TBH K if it were me in the same boat and I wanted to preserve the function and sensitivity of a functioning foreskin for all sorts of good medical and yes pleasurable reasons, sad to say I'd be looking beyond our shores. I certainly would not be fobbed off by the usual "this is what we've always done" merchants.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^ for many though a full circ is the best option for same reasons... myself included.

Agree that you do have to do a bit if research but that's like a lot of elective surgery / procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dbates

Can anybody recommend the best place to go for a partial Circumcision,

I have been quoted 750 in a clinic in Sandyford and 1250 in a clinic in Malahide,

Can anyone recommend anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 extremphonixx

Dbates wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend the best place to go for a partial Circumcision,

I have been quoted 750 in a clinic in Sandyford and 1250 in a clinic in Malahide,

Can anyone recommend anywhere else?

I’d be curious why there is such a big difference in price for what is surgery requiring very basis skills. Its also £550 in a clinic in Luton London and €300 in a clinic in Bonn Germany. I know where I’d go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

I'm getting this done after deliberating for quiet some time. Tried using steroid cream but it didint do anything for me, so I'm going for the operation on monday. Full circ or partial (dorsal slit) circ it's up to me. Haven't seen or read much on dorsal slits apart from the fact visually it wouldn't look the best compared to a full circ but I like the idea of still having some foreskin. Thoughts ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There's a third option that was mentioned earlier in the thread, this one Preputioplasty(wouldn't open that in work as there is a pic of a willy so...), which is the least invasive, fastest healing and retains the foreskin and might work for many. But again from earlier in the thread Irish doctors don't seem to want to provide it and a couple actually didn't seem to know much about it, maybe that's changed though?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

pollocks wrote: »
    I'm getting this done after deliberating for quiet some time. Tried using steroid cream but it didint do anything for me, so I'm going for the operation on monday. Full circ or partial (dorsal slit) circ it's up to me. Haven't seen or read much on dorsal slits apart from the fact visually it wouldn't look the best compared to a full circ but I like the idea of still having some foreskin. Thoughts ?

Can I ask what clinic you are going to in Dublin and the cost?

I’d be curious why there is such a big difference in price for what is surgery requiring very basis skills. Its also £550 in a clinic in Luton London and €300 in a clinic in Bonn Germany. I know where I’d go

I thought the same, however as I went back through this thread, the prices of a circumcision by Dr Sam have increased over the past 2-3 years. 3 years ago he was charging roughly 750-900. I guess he is in the position to increase prices due to the reputation he has earned. I had a consultant with the Clinic in Sandyford and I am going to book in with them for this Friday. I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 extremphonixx

I thought the same, however as I went back through this thread, the prices of a circumcision by Dr Sam have increased over the past 2-3 years. 3 years ago he was charging roughly 750-900. I guess he is in the position to increase prices due to the reputation he has earned. I had a consultant with the Clinic in Sandyford and I am going to book in with them for this Friday. I'll keep you posted.

In fairness if you want the procedure done in Ireland then the clinic In Sandyford does seem reasonable priced, do post back with how you got on.

I am 24 and got a Frenuloplastry and Partial Circumcision done yesterday under local Anesthetic. I was originally advised I would only require a Frenuloplastry as I could retract my foreskin, when erect it still retracted but caused discomfort. However after my own research I opted for a partial circumcision as well. I also always thought my foreskin was quite long and there was a bit of extra skin that hung over the penis, which added to my decision to go for a Partial also. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse. I did not feel an ounce of pain, at one point I started to nodd asleep.

I went in for the the procedure at 2.30 and left the clinical at 4.40, that was including 30 minutes wait time for the local anesthetic to numb the area. I also drove myself there and home.

The Dr. prescribed augmentin to take for seven days and prescription only solpadiene. When I got home, I felt the local anesthetic easing off, but once I took two solpadiene, I was fine. Sleeping was ok, a bit sensitive, but again, from reading this thread I really expected a lot worse. I can walk, drive, pee and move around just fine. I do feel sensitivity against my boxers, but not unbearable in any way. I was bandaged and I was told to keep the bandage on until tomorrow. The head is on show, quite swelled and red, not a pretty site to look at. However I even noticed the swelling reduced after one night.

I know it's only day one, but I am hoping it is a smooth recovery, I also plan on going to work on Monday(office job). I cannot comment on the look and function just yet, I am sure it will take a while to get use to it, but if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to drop me a private message about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porsche924

I am 24 and got a Frenuloplastry and Partial Circumcision done yesterday under local Anesthetic. I was originally advised I would only require a Frenuloplastry as I could retract my foreskin, when erect it still retracted but caused discomfort. However after my own research I opted for a partial circumcision as well. I also always thought my foreskin was quite long and there was a bit of extra skin that hung over the penis, which added to my decision to go for a Partial also. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse. I did not feel an ounce of pain, at one point I started to nodd asleep.

I went in for the the procedure at 2.30 and left the clinical at 4.40, that was including 30 minutes wait time for the local anesthetic to numb the area. I also drove myself there and home.

The Dr. prescribed augmentin to take for seven days and prescription only solpadiene. When I got home, I felt the local anesthetic easing off, but once I took two solpadiene, I was fine. Sleeping was ok, a bit sensitive, but again, from reading this thread I really expected a lot worse. I can walk, drive, pee and move around just fine. I do feel sensitivity against my boxers, but not unbearable in any way. I was bandaged and I was told to keep the bandage on until tomorrow. The head is on show, quite swelled and red, not a pretty site to look at. However I even noticed the swelling reduced after one night.

I know it's only day one, but I am hoping it is a smooth recovery, I also plan on going to work on Monday(office job). I cannot comment on the look and function just yet, I am sure it will take a while to get use to it, but if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to drop me a private message about the whole thing.

Would you mind me asking where you got the procedure done? And how much it cost? I'm also 24 and looking to get a partial circumcision because I've never been able to retract my foreskin properly. Also, were you waiting long for the procedure after booking it?

porsche924 wrote: »
    Would you mind me asking where you got the procedure done? And how much it cost? I'm also 24 and looking to get a partial circumcision because I've never been able to retract my foreskin properly. Also, were you waiting long for the procedure after booking it?

Hey I will private message you the name of the clinic as I dont think I am allowed to name the place on here. The cost of a partial or full circumcison is 750, I also had a Frenuloplastry done, so the total was 950. I had an appointment on the Monday and had the procedure done on the Friday. He said he would work his other appointments around what day suited me as I could only accommodate the Friday. I am one week post opt tomorrow and i am really sensitive to the stage i have to bandage up every day and every night, I am lucky I work in an office, otherwise I would still be off work recovering, Keep that in mind when your are booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone tried these things as opposed to surgery to rectify a tight foreskin, and if so, did they work and how long did it take?

https://www.phimostop.com/en/phimosis-treatment-phimostop-landing-eng/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgf3zyMLq5QIVBLTtCh1S-ASDEAAYASAAEgLF_PD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I did not feel an ounce of pain, at one point I started to nodd asleep.

Ah here. I don't feel pain in a dentist's chair, but it's still uncomfortable.
    If someone is performing surgery on my knob, I'd want to be out cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ouchmywillie

I had Phimosis were it was hard to retract my foreskin, it progressively got worst were I’d be in serious pain after sex. I bit the bullet and it’s Day 5 for me now after a full circumcision. Very sensitive still.wound is quite painful to touch but swelling has gone down quite a lot. Still keeping the bandage on as stitches can get caught on my clothes and that doesn’t bear thinking about. The nocturnal boners are getting very painful. Hopefully I’ll get back to normality soon.

I had Phimosis were it was hard to retract my foreskin, it progressively got worst were I’d be in serious pain after sex. I bit the bullet and it’s Day 5 for me now after a full circumcision. Very sensitive still.wound is quite painful to touch but swelling has gone down quite a lot. Still keeping the bandage on as stitches can get caught on my clothes and that doesn’t bear thinking about. The nocturnal boners are getting very painful. Hopefully I’ll get back to normality soon.

I am on week 4, still some swelling there, all my stitches are out. I got an infection on week two and was prescribed some antibiotic cream. The sensitivity was the worst for me. But it does get better, the pain whilst erect will also ease of after your stitches are out. Hang in there - Can I ask where abouts you got your circumcison done?

I am on week 4, still some swelling there, all my stitches are out. I got an infection on week two and was prescribed some antibiotic cream. The sensitivity was the worst for me. But it does get better, the pain whilst erect will also ease of after your stitches are out. Hang in there - Can I ask where abouts you got your circumcison done?

Got it done thru VHI in the Bon Secours in Dublin. couldnt fault the whole process . A year on the public waiting list in Connolly, replied to 2 messages to stay on the list and when I rang to see what the story is they said I wasn’t on the list. Jokers. From GP to Operation it took 10days privately. When did u take the bandages off? Sensitivity is way too much without them at the min.

I got an infection on week two and was prescribed some antibiotic cream.

I pretty sure I’ve an infection too on the underside . Pretty red and swollen. Still bleeding very slightly also some pus. Nasty enough looking. Is it just return to GP or Urologist for the prescription

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Does anyone regret their circumcision ? Has anyone become impotent as a result of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Does anyone regret their circumcision ? Has anyone become impotent as a result of it ?
    Not impotent - just insensitive.

I got circumcised for no good reason by parental demand soon after birth. Always hated it.

I did a non-surgical foreskin restoration and now have a full flaccid reliable and realistic foreskin. The increase in sexual sensitivity is amazing.

Please, even if you may think that circumcision is for you, do not inflict it on your sons for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Manmoth

I'm interested in the same thing. Foreskin definitely a bit too long, more han covers head while erect. Not sure if the frenulum is short or normal but can't retract far enough to uncover the head.

Regarding the partial circumcision, are you still covered when flacid? Also, it seems like quite an unpopular choice because you're removing the elastic tip that usually keeps the skin closed. Have you had any issues with the opening being too loose or something like that?

What was the anaesthetic injection like? I've had them in my toes before, and it was pretty painful, can't imagine it on the penis lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are any of you able to masturbate dry? I’d like to be able to do it but I can’t

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wes77

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are any of you able to masturbate dry? I’d like to be able to do it but I can’t

I can do it perfectly well, lots of guys are cut quite tightly and there is little or no movement of the shaft skin when hard, this makes it difficult to masturbate and they need to use lube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

I'm 30 year's of age, month ago I went to my gp and she recommended I get circumcision, due to discomfort having sex and infection.
    I am on the waiting with conolloy hostipal, but the list is over 10 months.
    I don't have health insurance. Is it possible to pay to see consultant privately then go back on to the public.

Advertisement