Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broadband ....

Options
  • 08-11-2018 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, I found out recently my mother-in-law who is in her late 70's is spending 60 Euro a month for her phone and broadband. This, to me sounds excessive. Isn't there some deal old folks get when it comes to broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'd love to know about it if there is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No, nothing for Broadband. Just the Household Benefits Package.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

You need to shop around on her behalf, most telecoms offer deal to people who switch.
    I switch every year or so to avail of deals from Vodafone, Sky etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Howdy folks, I found out recently my mother-in-law who is in her late 70's is spending 60 Euro a month for her phone and broadband. This, to me sounds excessive. Isn't there some deal old folks get when it comes to broadband?

Does that include all calls? if so then not bad... no no deal for age.... I wish as I am that age too. or just rental?

My only viable choice out here is westnet, a small local set up. E34.99 a month, unlimited broadband. I have a tesco mobile pay as you go phone so no real idea exactly how much. no rental and the call rates are excellent Most of my communications are online.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NatureGirl

I have Vodafone broadband n landline telephone. It costs me E45 a month. It includes all Irish landline calls free. Unlimited broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Vodafone doing a special where broadband is 25 for 6 months and 45 after.

That's a good deal on it.

Phone could be as easy as an old type nokia or new phone with big buttons if sight is an issue.

Well worth checking providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Sky are doing Bb line rental and off peak calls for 33 euro a month for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Thanks a mil for all the replies folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

I live in an area where I have neither a mobile phone signal nor broadband. However, I now have internet (just installed this morning) by satellite at €44.95 per month and 50 GB of download. Free download between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

It seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I live in an area where I have neither a mobile phone signal nor broadband. However, I now have internet (just installed this morning) by satellite at €44.95 per month and 50 GB of download. Free download between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

It seems to be working fine.

I was with digiweb for years and via that link used blueface for phone. Great service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've paid this month's Vodafone bill, €100 approx, includes phone, TV and broadband. I think its too expensive and I would like to get Freeview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I've paid this month's Vodafone bill, €100 approx, includes phone, TV and broadband. I think its too expensive and I would like to get Freeview.

FreeSat is the way to go. Hundreds of channels. Get a combi box and you have Freesat and Saoirview though the one box.

Our Eir package gives unlimited broadband, landline calls to Ireland and UK, and unlimited calls to mobiles in Ireland and UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

FreeSat is the way to go. Hundreds of channels. Get a combi box and you have Freesat and Saoirview though the one box.

Our Eir package gives unlimited broadband, landline calls to Ireland and UK, and unlimited calls to mobiles in Ireland and UK.

Thanks Donald Panicky Book, that's interesting all right. I'll pass that on to our tech department otherwise known as 'himself'! :)

Advertisement