Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I like cake!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Sex and the City Cake

c7c9813cd1d8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

DreamC wrote: »
    Sex and the City Cake

c7c9813cd1d8.jpg
    Thats a lot of effort/skill. The attention to detail of the cream on the inside of the heel is special. Great cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

That's sooo much better than the supermarket bought one I got for my young ones birthday, I can't tell from the pic, did you make the characters or are they little figures?

that's awesome! i actually want that for my next birthday!!

Here's one my mother made for my niece's 4th birthday...It's tinkerbells house..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

gavtron wrote: »
    that's awesome! i actually want that for my next birthday!!

Here's one my mother made for my niece's 4th birthday...It's tinkerbells house..
    That's awesome - love the curly wurly path :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

i know, quality right...my niece wasn't happy with it though she wanted the doors to open and be able to put stuff inside!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just attempted my first pie, a Mississippi mud pie

814FCE62647346E6987892F1E67DEF1D-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

4818438413_aa060f09f3.jpg

4818442051_7ee2ea2460.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Cripes the cakes just get better and better Spadina& Dream C they are brill!

That mississippi mud pie looks yum too another one I must try.

Almost ashamed to put any cake pics on here now but here's a chocolate orange cake I made for family BBQ. Downside of it was that I had to use tinned segments for the top which aren't always the nicest, soaked them in lemon juice, orange juice and icing sugar for a while first to they would be ok to be left for a while on the cake without drying out.

Just love chocolate ganache it's so nummy and easy to do, about the only icing I can manage without messing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Heres a peppa cake and a pony cake I did for some kids in my daughters class, next on the list is a Hello Kitty cake, should be fun
    36099_137216932962830_135857149765475_305752_8052182_n.jpg

36099_137216946296162_135857149765475_305756_1166581_n.jpg

kateos2 wrote: »
    Just attempted my first pie, a Mississippi mud pie

814FCE62647346E6987892F1E67DEF1D-500.jpg
    Apart from a scrummy looking cake, thats a great photo!

• Advertisement

Wedding Cake I made this week. Chocolate biscuit and vanilla sponge 12"-9"-6"
    023c015d56c1.jpg

Sugar flowers cake top and corsage
    ae8af0c39bdc.jpg

Wow! Pretty cake DreamC, where/how did you learn to make such awesome creations?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

All these cakes look amazing... I'm hungry now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

carrot-cake-21.jpg

Its got to be carrot cake, Not always the sexiest of cakes or glamorous. But when made right, oh it could melt stone! I can resist everything on a dessert menu except carrot cake! Has to be homemade style bit rough around the edged, where you can see the nuts and raisons and shredded carrot, not this over processed carrot cake flavour sponge.

like below...the first pic is my idea of heaven in a plate....ooh must go over the weight watchers thread now and rant about how i want carrot cake.

carrot-cake8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

DreamC wrote: »
    Wedding Cake I made this week. Chocolate biscuit and vanilla sponge 12"-9"-6"

Sugar flowers cake top and corsage

DreamC, you're getting better all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

These are two cakes that i made recently. The first is a cake that i was just trying out as i'd seem something similar on the Internet and wanted to give it a try. It was a champagne bottle in a bucket. The entire cake is edible. The cake is a chocolate biscuit cake and the bottle is made from rice crispie treats.

The second cake is a madeira cake with raspberry jam and butter cream and then some cupcakes around the sides. I made it for a BBQ that my sister was having for the Dublin Simon Community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Cake for Karate Instructor

4968600375_a86e402a5b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 barrigone

just starting at this cake business as a hobby just loving it so im know im not up to most of your standard but said id post it up to see what ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

This was my 1st attempt at a Belly cake for my friends baby shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Love the outie belly-button :D

• Advertisement

was there a baby inside the cake? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Question for DreamC:

Did you make Ray Foley's 'Take Me Out' Birthday Cake? It looks very like your handy work!

You can see it here:

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-Foley/Birthday.aspx#

No, no, no! It was not me. (I swear :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Cake I made recently for a couples Silver Wedding Anniversary

IMG_6548.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ill try and post pics soon am currently in the land of cakes, Germany, might have to book an extra seat back on the plane have eaten everything in sight!

Love that Karate cake Spadina it's so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Just tripped over this thread now, some great cakes on here!! Here's a few that I've done in the past.

p.s. how do you get the pics to show up in the post??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're amazing guym!

Quick question: When you're using several different colours in the icing, say like in the plumber in the last picture above, do you paint the colour on when the icing is on, or do you colour it first and then shape it and everything? I can't even imagine how you do some of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Thanks for the nice comments faith. In answer to your question I would mostly colour the icing & then shape it, although on the plumber cake the floor tiles were painted.
    Faith wrote: »
    They're amazing guym!

Quick question: When you're using several different colours in the icing, say like in the plumber in the last picture above, do you paint the colour on when the icing is on, or do you colour it first and then shape it and everything? I can't even imagine how you do some of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

A cake I made recently for an 80th birthday, the gentleman is a pioneer but does love a ciggie!!

IMG_6589.JPG

• Advertisement

Anyone going to this? http://www.ichf.co.uk/cake/
    Thinking of heading over and back on Saturday

Advertisement