Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I just don't give a ****. Does anyone else just not give a ****?

• 08-10-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Climate change? Don't give a ****
    50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
    Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
    Brexit? Don't give a ****
    Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.
    Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

But you care enough to put up the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

But you care enough to put up the post!

Not particularly, I just don't have anything else more pressing to attend to right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Do you have time to talk about Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks like your all out of ****s ... although the irony is strong in your post. Listing things you don't care about when obviously you've given some thought to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

There are yet higher states of consciousness for you to evolve towards.

Where you don't give a fcuk that you don't give a fcuk. Won't even cross your
    mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Are you looking for some sort of feedback to boost your ego further?

GBX wrote: »
    Looks like your all out of ****s ... although the irony is strong in your post. Listing things you don't care about when obviously you've given some thought to them.

Nah, it was just in my head at the time how little I care about stuff that seems like the be all and end all to some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I can’t control these things so I don’t bother worrying. It’d be great if the human race wasn’t a race to burn all the resources and fill all the landfills but it is.

Nobody will be happy to hear me say it and nobody will give it any weight of importance if I do.

So long as the wages are in the bank every week couldn’t give a fiddlers.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Are you looking for some sort of feedback to boost your ego further?

From my post you have deduced I have an ego? Wowza, you should be charging for that kind of psyche analysis

BDI wrote: »
    I can’t control these things so I don’t bother worrying. It’d be great if the human race wasn’t a race to burn all the resources and fill all the landfills but it is.

Nobody will be happy to hear me say it and nobody will give it any weight of importance if I do.

So long as the wages are in the bank every week couldn’t give a fiddlers.

This is exactly it, why do people stress and moan about stuff they can't control. It's pointless and a complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's easy to not give a **** about stuff OP. Giving a **** actually takes effort.

Gerry G wrote: »
    From my post you have deduced I have an ego? Wowza, you should be charging for that kind of psyche analysis

A massive one :D Mr. Chilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It looks like you may have come down with a severe case of Edgelord.

Take 2 paracetamol, have an early night and you should be grand in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I Like Cake

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

yea i actually get ya...

Social Media is a constant stream of depressing information that's got very little to do with your daily tasks.

Although some of them are terrible and will affect long term, You get blasted so constantly with pure muck that its hard to give a ****.

I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.

I breathe a sigh of relief, you sound way too edgy to be involved in this conversation.

My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.

There's a lotion for that. Works too

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Gerry G wrote: »
    This is exactly it, why do people stress and moan about stuff they can't control. It's pointless and a complete waste of time.

Complaining is an national sport here. AH would be all tumbleweed if everyone was happy the whole time & not allowed to moan about something.

• Advertisement

Like most people, I care about some of the things listed in the OP, though it doesn't mean I spend a great deal of time thinking about them. I do what I can about the important things (like recycle, and go to a great deal of trouble to vote against Brexit, ignore Twitter/gossip), but if I can't do anything practical I don't waste too much time fretting. I'd say most people are the same and if they can do something, then that's what they do to a lesser or greater extent.

When it comes to celebrity culture or religion, most people don't engage if they don't want to. It doesn't take any effort at all to ignore something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
    People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.

The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
    People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.

And the people who bleat the loudest about caring about every little thing are generally the ones who care the least and contribute nothing to solving the problem at hand. We're a selfish bunch really but I don't mind admitting it. I see all these folk around the globe protesting about this that and everything and I just wonder to myself, why bother. Go enjoy your life for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Have to agree with the OP, over the last few years I have become extremely apathetic to everything in that list. I simply don’t care. I have my own set of problems to worry about and they are the most important to me, I literally couldn’t care less about climate, “the homeless”, or brexit or anything else happening right now if I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

shygal wrote: »
    if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.

Nope I still wouldn’t, no time for the problems of the world when I have my own life and problems to focus on.

shygal wrote: »

Nope, I understand just fine and still don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.

topper75 wrote: »
    You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.

That's a decent outlook, I like it and do find it funny at times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The OP is honest and I tend to share his views.
    A lot of people swear blood oaths in support the fashionable topics but will do flip all about it.

All I know is Id kill you all for a Ford Mustang and a bungalow near Lough Corrib.

Advertisement