Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My application has been deemed ineligible, now in appeals. Anyone been through this?

• 23-07-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I effed up big time and never sent in my degree parchment, only my official transcript, and my email on Friday said my application has been deemed ineligible but I could send on further documentation to potentially appeal the decision.

I have a GAMSAT score in the 60s so I'm pretty gutted. I've sent in an appeal with a certified copy of the degree parchment and contacted both the CAO and the admissions offices, who told me to do this because the transcripts said "expected to be conferred" such and such date, and not conferred.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Has anyone else previously been through this appeal and ultimately got offered a place?

Unsure whether to post this as a new thread or not, so apologies to mods if this should be in the sticky thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

From what you’ve said it sounds like it’s just a formality more than anything else, and that once you submit your degree parchment all will be in order. I was terrified something like this would happen to me, but luckily they said I was deemed eligible last Friday.

On an old thread here I read someone saying they were deemed ineligible due to insufficient proof of EU status - but they managed to get it sorted on time. Best of luck! I’d imagine they’ll get back to you soon to put your mind at ease.

What’s your first choice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pingding

From what you’ve said it sounds like it’s just a formality more than anything else, and that once you submit your degree parchment all will be in order. I was terrified something like this would happen to me, but luckily they said I was deemed eligible last Friday.

On an old thread here I read someone saying they were deemed ineligible due to insufficient proof of EU status - but they managed to get it sorted on time. Best of luck! I’d imagine they’ll get back to you soon to put your mind at ease.

What’s your first choice? :)

Yeah I really hope it's just a formality but honestly the heart is put crossways in me at the moment! Thanks so much for the reassurance, I really need it. UCD is my first choice, what about you?

Pingding wrote: »
    Yeah I really hope it's just a formality but honestly the heart is put crossways in me at the moment! Thanks so much for the reassurance, I really need it. UCD is my first choice, what about you?

UCD is my first choice too, I scored above 60 so I should get an offer. Any update from the CAO?

UCD is my first choice too, I scored above 60 so I should get an offer. Any update from the CAO?

Nothing. Don't know what to think if I don't hear by tomorrow, seeing as the offers come out on Thursday. The radio silence from other posters is also not comforting, I must be the only one (or one of very few) who's f***ed it, like. To say I'm beyond devastated is an understatement.

Pingding wrote: »
    Nothing. Don't know what to think if I don't hear by tomorrow, seeing as the offers come out on Thursday. The radio silence from other posters is also not comforting, I must be the only one (or one of very few) who's f***ed it, like. To say I'm beyond devastated is an understatement.

Phone the CAO tomorrow and see what they say. You could also try contacting UCD directly. Don’t be hard on yourself, it was an easy mistake. Fingers crossed it will work out for you. I honestly don’t see why it won’t.

• Advertisement

Update for anyone in the future who goes through the same thing

I sent in my appeal, a letter outlining my case with my documentation, then didn't hear anything from either the CAO or the admissions offices for the whole two weeks, even though I was ringing them and talking to them. I ended up calling them again the day before the results came out and they were able to tell me that my appeal had been successful and I was once again eligible to compete for a place. I ended up getting offered a place so if you find yourself in this position don't panic, just send in your appeal with your documents, make sure the documents go up on your CAO portal and stay in contact with the admissions offices to make sure your appeal has been processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 moss house

Well done and good luck for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

Oh phew. I'm so relieved for you!

Lol, thanks the both of ye. Didn't realise people were following this thread.

Yeah I'd nothing to add and I didn't really think thoughts and prayers would be much comfort.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd nothing to add and I didn't really think thoughts and prayers would be much comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PyramidUp

Glad you got sorted. I was sweating just reading the situation. Best of luck.

Advertisement