Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many caches in Ireland?

• 04-01-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hoping to get into geocaching with the youngster, so have been looking into it a bit.
    Am starting off fairly casually with Garmin's 'Opencaching' app on iOS.
    There doesn't seem to be that many caches listed on it in Ireland, so I was just wondering is there a better source for cache info?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

If you go into the app store and search for the Groundspeak app, that is the official Geocaching.com app. There are literally thousands of caches in Ireland. Would highly recommend you check out geocaching.com and look at the maps for your local caches. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Lardy wrote: »
    If you go into the app store and search for the Groundspeak app, that is the official Geocaching.com app. There are literally thousands of caches in Ireland. Would highly recommend you check out geocaching.com and look at the maps for your local caches. :)

Done!

Thanks for reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Yes there are a lot of Caches in Ireland.
    The First European Cache is in Ireland and is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I think there's in the region of 5000-6000 active caches on the island at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Lardy wrote: »
    If you go into the app store and search for the Groundspeak app, that is the official Geocaching.com app.
    Or for a free version, I use c:geo and find it excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

It depends on the area. Where I live there aren't many so cachers don't really travel out to find the one cache I have placed. Dooblin is absolutely packed with caches, Cork not so and rural areas are hit or miss depending on if there are active cachers in the area

Advertisement