Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€25k invested in prize bonds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wow €257k?? Money is wasted on some people...
    Yea, imagine how much is pissed up against the wall every weekend Student_111.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

pbwinner wrote: »
    2021: €0
    About time you came back down to earth with the rest of us! :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Yea, imagine how much is pissed up against the wall every weekend Student_111.

Yeah living life instead of sitting with €257k in bloody prize bonds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

What do you want him to do with it, he may have a fantastic house in a great area, lovely wife and family, go on 4 foreign holidays per year (pre-covid), eat out regularly in all the best restaurants, top of the range car etc etc etc. What do you think he should be doing with it.

Furze99 wrote: »
    but there may come a time when the government will be looking for citizens cash. There is a wee element of patriotism involved. And when that time comes, they may find that the citizens will not be so keen anymore.

There isn't a day (or indeed any minute of any day) goes by that the government isn't looking for citizens cash, has been since the year dot and will be ad infinitum. Generally speaking citizens have never been keen on the government coming looking for their cash and I don't expect that to change in the future either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Wow €257k?? Money is wasted on some people...

And it most definitely would be with you!!

• Not a sausage for me the last few weeks...beginning to give up hope of becoming rich with my prize bond winnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

How long does it take it set up an account and get up and running? I haven't purchased any prize bonds before so I presume I need to go in to my local post office and fill out the application form there.

I also want to purchase 10k, so am I best to deposit a nominal amount initially and do a bank transfer for the balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Quick question. Will I get an email from prize bonds if I win? Purchased some late last year and just wonder do I need to check every week to see if I’ve won or will they email me the good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Thanks for your concern, but trust me it isn't wasted. I've always lived life to the max and continue to do so. And this and other stashes of legally earned and fully tax paid money are to help ensure that I can continue to live a very full life well into the future.

Good luck with the studenting.

• Advertisement

TheJet wrote: »
    Quick question. Will I get an email from prize bonds if I win?

NO, unless you register for a state savings online account. Once you have completed the registration process in the event of a win you will receive a notification.

sterz wrote: »
    How long does it take it set up an account and get up and running? I haven't purchased any prize bonds before so I presume I need to go in to my local post office and fill out the application form there.

You can download the application form, attach the necessary identification documentation and either take it to the post office or send it off to the GPO with a cheque (if you have such a thing). Once this initial purchase is complete you will be able to purchase online in future using a debit card. The turnaround is usually reasonably quick, say 10 days or so.
    sterz wrote: »
    I also want to purchase 10k, so am I best to deposit a nominal amount initially and do a bank transfer for the balance?

It really doesn't make any difference to be honest.

Good luck with it whichever way you decide to proceed

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Thanks for your concern, but trust me it isn't wasted. I've always lived life to the max and continue to do so. And this and other stashes of legally earned and fully tax paid money are to help ensure that I can continue to live a very full life well into the future.

Good luck with the studenting.

Ah bless, sorry I hit a nerve. You continue living your amazing envious life - posting your awful prize bond returns to strangers on boards. Good luck too, you haven't been having much.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Ah bless, sorry I hit a nerve. You continue living your amazing envious life - posting your awful prize bond returns to strangers on boards. Good luck too, you haven't been having much.

Wow you really told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Christ you got done badly Student :D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Wow great retort, I can see no money was wasted on your education :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Hibernicis wrote: »
    NO, unless you register for a state savings online account. Once you have completed the registration process in the event of a win you will receive a notification.

So if you have updated your- address etc with prizebonds -you still have to go through all your bonds every draw to see if you win ???

So if you have updated your- address etc with prizebonds -you still have to go through all your bonds every draw to see if you win ???

I have added my prize bonds on Prize Bond Tracker, so unfortunately when I sign in on Friday afternoon I can see instantly that I haven't won, you get a lovely big CONGRATULATIONS on those rare occasions when congrats is merited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

If you look back just 6 posts before your post, you will see that you do get a notification if successsful. You can also sign up for a Tracker. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

If you look back just 6 posts before your post, you will see that you do get a notification. if successsful You can also sign up for a Tracker. Simple.

Thanks -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No joy.
    Wins are few are far between these days.

Jan XXXXX
    Feb XXXX
    Mar XXX€
    Apr XXXX

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Zilch again - 7 weeks on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 23rd April 2021: €0
    Last win 18th December 2020: €100
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €3150
    2011: €75 x 4 = €300
    2012: €75 x 6 = €450
    2013: €50 x 12 = €600
    2014: €50 x 9 = €450
    2015: €50 x 5 = €250
    2016: €50 x 5 = €250
    2017: €50 x 4 = €200
    2018: €50 x 2 = €100
    2019: €50 x 6 = €300
    2020: €50 x 5 = €250
    2021: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Wins on 23rd April 2021: €0
    Last win: 18th December 2020: €50
    Weeks since last win: 18
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 24 wins in 199 weeks (12%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-Dec): 4 x €50 = €200
    2019 (Jan-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2020 (Jan-Dec): 10 x €50 = €500
    2021 (Jan-date): 0 x €50 = €0

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pbtracker

So added an addition €15K to the pot but still no joy!

Winnings on 23rd Apr 2021: €0
    Last win : €50 5th Mar 2021
    Investment : €93K (€77K from Aug 2020, +€15K Apr 2021)
    Winnings Total : €250
    Pre 2020 : €50
    2020 : €150
    2021 : €50

Nothing for me today, last win October 2020.

However I have control over (but no beneficial ownership) of €100k worth of PBs for a friend, bought October 2020, second €50 today on this batch, first win (€50) 26th February.

PS: for the naysayers this €100k will be used for a home deposit when a suitable one is identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Winnings on 23rd April 2021 on €110k: €50
    Last win on 1st April 2021: €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

It's shocking bad this year. Looks like nobody is winning anything. Guess it's better than negative interest rates though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nothing for me today. Nice bit of luck for a couple of people in Donegal.

Prize Value Winning Prize Bond Location

€50.00 APL367713 Donegal
    €50.00 APL368175 Donegal

€50.00 ATN220230 Donegal
    €50.00 ATN220455 Donegal
    €50.00 ATN220764 Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carrickbawn

Nothing here today.....

Advertisement