Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i connect another freeview set top box to a sky dish

• 11-06-2010 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?

you'll get the same channels, but a freeview box is for oTA transmissions using an aerial, did you mean a freesat box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
    Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Have you tried the Tuning Guide in the stickies to make sure you are getting all available channels on your old box?

You can also set up a Favourites list to avoid scrolling through all the unwanted channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

snaps wrote: »
    Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
    Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.

I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me

No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/

• Advertisement

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/

sound so how much should i be paying for freeview install?

also if i was to sourse one of them freesat cards from sky in uk would i get ny extra channels

appreciate all the help guys

Advertisement