Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acid Rave in Ireland

• 31-01-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9 roskey

Hey, Does anyone know where/if there are any early 90's stlye acid illegal/legal raves :) being held in Ireland????? Ive always wanted to go to one but was 7 years old in 1992 :rolleyes:

P.S. Also, if anyoen knows of a good Drum & Bass party place/club fill me in please & thank you....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

11pm Dollymount Strand next Saturday night Acid Party :D

sun-spaced.jpg

038ff.jpg

evilofecstacy.jpg

helter2.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Huge regret of mine that I never got to a proper acid house style rave. I was at one or two illegal raves, the likes of the bunkers on the golf course in Bettystown etc, but not to the scale of what they had across the water.

I remember also there was a big event being organized called Mecca. We bought our tickets well in advance and had to meet I think around Temple Bar on the night of the party to be told where the venue was. There was also buses due to pick all the eager ravers up. I remember getting to the pick up point and seeing a poster on a wall with the following written on -

Mecca cancelled due to Garda intervention

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back in the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Huge regret of mine that I never got to a proper acid house style rave. I was at one or two illegal raves, the likes of the bunkers on the golf course in Bettystown etc, but not to the scale of what they had across the water.

I remember also there was a big event being organized called Mecca. We bought our tickets well in advance and had to meet I think around Temple Bar on the night of the party to be told where the venue was. There was also buses due to pick all the eager ravers up. I remember getting to the pick up point and seeing a poster on a wall with the following written on -

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back i

n the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal. :pac:

the problem with "ilegal raves" these days is they get plastered all over bebo etc which is very closley monitored

we need to do a "boards ilegal rave" via pm only :D

ntlbell wrote: »
    the problem with "ilegal raves" these days is they get plastered all over bebo etc which is very closley monitored

Yeah it kinda takes the needed secrecy out of them, discussing venue, date and drug arrangements online. May as well walk into the local Garda station and hand over the plans!

Should do a boards one alright, although there would probably be only about 15 people at it :D Standing in a circle with a ghetto blaster in front of us, heads nodding off our t*ts to this..

Felixdhc wrote: »

We were gutted. Well, for an hour or so until we landed back in the Temple of Sound and got off our faces as normal. :pac:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=rMR41Lxb1L4

• Advertisement

lol

all we would need is this on repeat man

you took the words right out of my mouth my friend;), if someone can organise a venue, and decks,etc and lights and all that business ill most certainly organise DJ's and the music side of things (people will play for free of course) but IT MUST BE DONE BY PM ONLY and only a select amout of people must know until an hour before it actually happens;)

jonny68 wrote: »
    you took the words right out of my mouth my friend;), if someone can organise a venue, and decks,etc and lights and all that business ill most certainly organise DJ's and the music side of things (people will play for free of course) but IT MUST BE DONE BY PM ONLY and only a select amout of people must know until an hour before it actually happens;)

I'd be well up for it. Now lets speak no more of it... :D

jonny68 wrote: »

what i suggest is we do something, my other suggestion is that no other word of this should be on any thread on boards after this post.

I'll be in touch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

We should definitely have a boards.ie meet up at some gig in town when a good DJ is over... Might be tricky trying to pick one we all like though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

would be nice if someone could organize a boards night out,But i really hope know one dance's like this!:D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PeDlJwmEye4

lol

think i might have been in that state a few time myself:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 roskey

wow, i didnt expect so many replys on this subject! just goes to show that acid rave is well in need of revival...anyone know of anymore nites happening that wud be even close to them good old days they seen across the pond???? :pac:

If a boards acid rave party cud be organized cud u imagine the holy mortifing madness of it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 puresthatred

keep an eye open for puresthatred

dublin`s anodyne reborn soaked in acid and blown out of chernobyl
    http://indiestore.7digital.com/puresthatred/

ill be bringing acid back with a twinge of industrial on my webshop plus mantrap records and psychonavigation in 09.

1992s not goin away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

if it's drum and bass you're looking for then come over to irishdrumandbass.com and say hello

our next gig is on the 13th in the twisted pepper (which is where all the decent dnb happens in dublin)::

130209.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 roskey

excellent stuff thanx for that D&B info...Now.....anyonw know were I can go to listen to some good Dub Step as well? I see the twisted pepper has some to so I will be checking it out... anywere in dublin or out side dublin? im living in cork

roskey wrote: »
    excellent stuff thanx for that D&B info...Now.....anyonw know were I can go to listen to some good Dub Step as well? I see the twisted pepper has some to so I will be checking it out... anywere in dublin or out side dublin? im living in cork

Well in dublin the twisted pepper is where it's at for dubstep and dnb - skream is playing on the 20th, and next month we're bringing over TRG and another headliner TBC, with the Martyn lp launch tour the following month in collaboration with Naked Lunch.

Think Cork is a little quiet at the moment - you should sign up over at http://www.irishdrumandbass.com (AKA. http://www.irishdubstep.com )

anything at all happens with dnb or dubstep on the island of ireland and it gets posted there first really... not the busiest of forums, definitely the friendliest!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

deffo would love 2 experience a acid rave like over the water i know 2 celebrate 20 yrs of house acid etc a lot are organising was to young back in 91 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

THIS is the real deal and could be the best Rave in recent years,the line up is nothing short of amazing, but ive realised the Asylum reunion the one everyones been waiting for with Oliver Lieb is on the following night so im asking myself can i attend this and then fly to Dublin:eek::D it'll probably kill me but im gonna give it a go.

http://acidhousehistory.blogspot.com/

Genesis'88 Reunions - The True Acid House Experience

28 October at 22:00 - 29 October at 06:00
    Created by:
    Wayne Anthony, Shrinechick Nx, Chrisso Enter Blackwell
    More info
    Genesis 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992 and now 2011

GENESIS'88 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thegenesis88

DJs: Tyree Cooper (Chicago House Pioneer & Legend), Colin Dale (Acid House Legend), Mark Ruston (Spirit of '89), Wayne Anthony (Genesis'88 & Class of 88), Richie Fingers (all city) , Dem2 (Fantastic Ibiza'89), Dominic Spreadlove (Zigi's'87) No Music Beyond 1990

MC: Chalky White (Genesis, Sunrise, Biology, Energy)

Genesis'88 were one of the pioneering companies of Acid House and large scale all night dance parties. We use the words 'all night' because at the time all clubs closed at 2.20am. During the first three months of 1989 Genesis reputation grew as the only organisers staging a large scale warehouse party on every Saturday, Regardless... We became known for getting the job done...so much so that Genesis'88 staged events with all the big boys of the period Sunrise, Biology, Energy, Freedom to Party etc

Genesis'88 / Wayne Anthony is mentioned in no less than twenty books covering the subjects of Acid House, Electronic Music and Social History. Genesis partner Andrew Pritchard (Urban Smuggler) staged massive concerts for A-List artists. The entire Genesis tale is told in Class of 88 - The True Acid House Experience (Kindle on Amazon)...

What should you expect? 1,000 Happy-go-lucky Humans

'No-one in our association has a time machine so unless YOU personally transport your ego back to that uninhibitating sensation of pure empathy, it's just gonna be another warehouse party. I don't have a magic wand i cant transport us to that idyllic forum BUT you can, its within you to make it happen in the way it did back in the day. I guess what Im saying is if you plan on coming please suspend your ego at the door and enjoy the freedom of being alive during this unique period in our history. ' Wayne Anthony

MUSIC RULES: Strictly 1987-1990

We've found an amazing warehouse space run by some cool people who have been granted the necessary licenses to stage an event from 10pm-6am. Completely legal venue we have no intention of crashing buildings or stealing electricity like we did back then (Come On!). We do intend on keeping the address secret at this time though if the police want to know then do contact us.

3 Young Minds: Wayne Anthony, Andrew Pritchard, Keith Brooks

In the Event the Page Gets Shut Down PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO WAYNE ANTHONY'S PERSONAL LIST WAYNEANTHONY88@GMAIL.COM

More News to Follow...News is Hot Off the Press

GENESIS'88 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thegenesis88

Wayne's Acid House Blog: http://acidhousehistory.blogspot.com/

If you want to post tunes and video or general chat try our pages

Classof88
    https://www.facebook.com/theclassof88

EVERYONE NEEDS A PRIORITY PASS TO GET TICKET

Download Flyer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wayneanthony/6124780496/sizes/o/in/photostream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭ Hattie Prickly Trio

I'd prefer a woodstock reunion to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mike2306

I have a venue located in the midlands ideal for 3 day raves, i own the property and its not close to residential property, i can provide tents and gas heating for approximately 2000 people, the acutists are fantastic due to the location. Tents are advailable to rent at 35euro per night, clean up and security is provided to allow people to have an enjoyable time without any interferance. please post if you need additional information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mike2306

we are calling it , occupy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

hi mike sounds good. I could defo have a bus of people from galway going to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

mike2306 wrote: »
    I have a venue located in the midlands ideal for 3 day raves, i own the property and its not close to residential property, i can provide tents and gas heating for approximately 2000 people, the acutists are fantastic due to the location. Tents are advailable to rent at 35euro per night, clean up and security is provided to allow people to have an enjoyable time without any interferance. please post if you need additional information.

your insane!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Where? And might i suggest you dont post it up on notice boards, PM

Easy mike, PM me your email address and we'll talk further.

Best to keep this **** off the public message boards.

Would be delighted to help you out in any way we can .

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Any more news on this?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dkc007

Im organising one... I have everything sorted apart from venue? Any help people.. Needs to be in Carlow, KK or Laois

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone know the name of the tune at 1.40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the tune at 1.40?

Slam - Positive Education

Advertisement