Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP-153

• 12-02-2016 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm interested in a Baikal M-153. I'll probably go for a second hand one. Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I have one and can't fault it as a reliable 'shot any cartridge' gun. The finish is a bit rough compared to other marquee brands and the bluing is a bit thin but I've had it in salt marsh with no ill effects.
    I bought mmine from New and put a hundred 32g 5 through her and haven't had a hiccup since. She'll handle 28g loads all day and 36g without skipping a beat. No need for gas adjustments.
    She'll let you know when to clean her when the first shell may not eject probably, then it's a strip down and lick of the oily rag and your set for hundreds more shots.
    The only issue I had was fibre wads as I found them dirtier and require more frequent TLC.
    The chokes here in Ireland are all rated for steel shot so the original set leaves you with CYL, IC & M. I bought after market flush mount tubes, my own preference and regularly shoot it with improved modified (3/4) for my rough shooting and Mod for decoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I have one and can't fault it as a reliable 'shot any cartridge' gun. The finish is a bit rough compared to other marquee brands and the bluing is a bit thin but I've had it in salt marsh with no ill effects.
    I bought mmine from New and put a hundred 32g 5 through her and haven't had a hiccup since. She'll handle 28g loads all day and 36g without skipping a beat. No need for gas adjustments.
    She'll let you know when to clean her when the first shell may not eject probably, then it's a strip down and lick of the oily rag and your set for hundreds more shots.
    The only issue I had was fibre wads as I found them dirtier and require more frequent TLC.
    The chokes here in Ireland are all rated for steel shot so the original set leaves you with CYL, IC & M. I bought after market flush mount tubes, my own preference and regularly shoot it with improved modified (3/4) for my rough shooting and Mod for decoys.

Thanks Cookimonster, that pretty much tallies with what I've read. Nice to hear from someone firsthand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Davidcardiff

Hi I've got the mp155 which is the newer model and I have to say I totally agree with what cookimonster said absolutely great shotgun. Horses out any weight cartridge 24-36gr have been through it. Well built Gun barrel is chromed same as beretta
    will take a slab or two before needing tlc depending on cartridge type
    I found FOBs filthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

......I found FOBs filthy......

That's the ones, rotton dirty f*ckers, I think I swapped mine out as quickly as possible, never bought them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Davidcardiff

Got two boxes free when I bought the gun shot. One box and gave the other away
    Put a lot of eley superbs 28gr and fiochi f black 28gr through it never a problem
    Shot a lot of gamebore clear pigeon aswell

• Advertisement

Took the plunge today anyhow. Try and get the license swapped quick now and I'll see what impact I can make on the vermin!

I'll let ye know how I get on. Thanks lads.

Took the plunge today anyhow. Try and get the license swapped quick now and I'll see what impact I can make on the vermin!

I'll let ye know how I get on. Thanks lads.

Advertisement