Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Looks good. When do you receive the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, the details are a bit light. I'd imagine the 14 day cancellation period would have to pass first..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just my opinion, but €81 is still a joke to subscribe to a newspaper online in this day and age. There is more quality free content out there than anyone could ever read.

Just my opinion, but €81 is still a joke to subscribe to a newspaper online in this day and age. There is more quality free content out there than anyone could ever read.

Yeah, fair point if you're talking about news in general, and not the features. I detest iPads/iPhones, but still, I'm sure somebody here will see this deal as a great bargain for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I subscribed to the trial recently on my ipad mini :D and enjoy it though its so hard to keep up with the content every day. It's worth it alone for the sunday times paper as that's what 3 quid now? Do find myself reading the guardian aswell at times tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

sweetie wrote: »
    I subscribed to the trial recently on my ipad mini :D and enjoy it though its so hard to keep up with the content every day. It's worth it alone for the sunday times paper as that's what 3 quid now? Do find myself reading the guardian aswell at times tho...

I thought people only bought papers nowadays for the Aldi vouchers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Seems like a handy way to spread the cost of an iPad out actually, I mean if you're in the market for one and on a relative budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

What's to stop someone from signing up then receiving the iPad then cancelling the DD??? I'm not condoning this I'm just wondering why they'd risk this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just buy the I pad and forget subscribing

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

So what's the weekly cost then? And is it the actual paper being delivered to your house?

• Advertisement

Is it worth it if your after an iPad?

Is it worth it if your after an iPad?

What's to stop someone from signing up then receiving the iPad then cancelling the DD??? I'm not condoning this I'm just wondering why they'd risk this

You'll still owe them the full 18 month subscription.

pinkstars wrote: »
    So what's the weekly cost then? And is it the actual paper being delivered to your house?

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Roberto Obedient Wrongdoing

pinkstars wrote: »

No point you subscribing as it appears you can't read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭dubmick

iPad Mini 4 is out now

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

dubmick wrote: »
    iPad Mini 4 is out now

The iPad mini 3 was actually the exact same on a technical level to the iPad mini 2, the only difference was the colors available and the addition of touch id. So on a technical level its one iteration behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No point you subscribing as it appears you can't read.

SPITS TEA OUT :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I can't see terms and conditions on the link .... Does anyone know if you sign up when would you receive the iPad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Thewife wrote: »
    I can't see terms and conditions on the link .... Does anyone know if you sign up when would you receive the iPad?

2 weeks I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

They ship after the 14 day trial and it takes up to 10 business days to arrive, so pay now and get it in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭dermiestv

Niemoj wrote: »
    Seems like a handy way to spread the cost of an iPad out actually, I mean if you're in the market for one and on a relative budget.

The UK Apple store is offering 0% financing over 12 months. Can't find it on the Irish store yet.

dermiestv wrote: »
    The UK Apple store is offering 0% financing over 12 months. Can't find it on the Irish store yet.

That's Paypal offering the credit, not Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dermiestv wrote: »
    That's Paypal offering the credit, not Apple.

Might be able to justify buying some overpriced apple sh*te as a christmas gift now that I know I can spread it over 12 months.

Thanks/feck ye lads

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Oat23 wrote: »
    Might be able to justify buying some overpriced apple sh*te as a christmas gift now that I know I can spread it over 12 months.

Thanks/feck ye lads

Thought so as well but after checking 1 example I think I'll stay away from this bargain:

Ipad Air 32GB WiFI only - Space Grey - €459 on apple.ie with free delivery
    Ipad Air 32GB WiFi only - Space Grey - £359 on apple.co.uk with free delivery

But the £359 converted to euro is roughly €505 - depending on where you check the currency rate.

Looks like even with the 0% credit you are still paying roughly 10% over the Irish Apple store price.

Might suit someone if they want to spread the cost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ptyloch wrote: »
    Thought so as well but after checking 1 example I think I'll stay away from this bargain:

Ipad Air 32GB WiFI only - Space Grey - €459 on apple.ie with free delivery
    Ipad Air 32GB WiFi only - Space Grey - £359 on apple.co.uk with free delivery

But the £359 converted to euro is roughly €505 - depending on where you check the currency rate.

Looks like even with the 0% credit you are still paying roughly 10% over the Irish Apple store price.

Might suit someone if they want to spread the cost though.

Didn't realise the exchange was as bad as it is. Like you said, still not too bad for someone looking to spread the cost.

The new ipad is €939 on the IE store and €968 on the UK one (€80 per month) which isn't bad (the difference in price considering you get to spread it out, not the price of the device itself which is obviously ridiculous).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Does anyone know if you get access to the full UK version of the Times as well as the local Irish content with the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Signed up for this as I would love to get an iPad Mini for Christmas. Just got the email from them saying that the iPad will be sent to you after the 14 day period and it will take 10 working days for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Oat23 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the exchange was as bad as it is. Like you said, still not too bad for someone looking to spread the cost.

The new ipad is €939 on the IE store and €968 on the UK one (€80 per month) which isn't bad (the difference in price considering you get to spread it out, not the price of the device itself which is obviously ridiculous).

I thought the PayPal credit option is only for UK residents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭dermiestv

retweet wrote: »
    I thought the PayPal credit option is only for UK residents?

Curiosity got me so I looked and yes, both the German and French Apple Stores also offer 0% financing options. Probably also in other European countries.

As Apple and Paypal are both based in Ireland, maybe organising an Irish offer in time for Christmas isn't beyond them.

Advertisement