Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

iMax wrote: »
    Isn't grand canal square down between Sir John Rogerson’s Quay and Pearse Street, by hanover quay ? (not in the IFSC)

Do you think we'd get in with just the release form rather than the yellow thing ?

Ok, fair enough, I think of that whole area as the IFSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Some press shots - medium quality - thought yee might like to see - borrowed from another site

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 edthetedkelly

Excellent. Thanks dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Aniyah Faithful Smartness

SHARK ATTACK.........Run for yer lives

attachment.php?attachmentid=58207&stc=1&d=1214052953

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

I tell ya I couldnt wait to get out of that water ,everything was shaking ...and not in a good way ! :D But then ya had to deal with dreaded "sandy feet":mad:..

But I'd do it all again tomorrow ;) altho its good that were JUST outta shot in those pic's Dan ...cant wait to see the final result !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Standing naked in Dublin Bay in the pissing rain with a crowd of 'zany' gullible people singing 'ole ole ole.' This is my 4th circle of hell. Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

I would consider myself far from gullible. As I explained to a few people earlier, if someone wants to take a picture of my hairy ass and call it art more power to them. I think Tunick's work is very interesting and occasionally stunning but I was not there for art's sake. I was there to experience something I probably never would again. Namely get naked with 2500 other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How where we gullible?

Some people just try things so they can put them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I can see myself in one of those pics, oh dear... :D

Interesting morning, I was glad I stuck around for the last shoot although we were left standing nude for a lot shorter time than those closest to the lighthouse in the first shoot, so I didnt get as cold as others (actually the cold didnt bother me much at all surprisingly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubbers

what a fantastic time one of the best and most surreal experiences ever thousands of strangers one minute and then everyone seemed connected was a blast. and to the lads that met at the Isaacs what a ****in laff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Wow, the beach pictures are very identifable... but look like fun alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

Don't think I heard one person have any regrets that they did this today. And a fantastic way to finish off the morning - any talk of being cold and wet vanished as soon as the first person was seen sprinting onto the beach! It was like you were missing out if you didn't get on there as soon as possible too!

To all the lads who met up before at Isaacs - cheers for a great morning guys.

Who's idea was it to dust off the ol' Polaroid and head out there ourselves next weekend..?:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

iMax wrote: »
    Isn't grand canal square down between Sir John Rogerson’s Quay and Pearse Street, by hanover quay ? (not in the IFSC)

Do you think we'd get in with just the release form rather than the yellow thing ?

can anyone who still has the yellow slip let us know if it says IFSC as Grand Canal Quay is just on the southside of the river?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

DotOrg wrote: »
    can anyone who still has the yellow slip let us know if it says IFSC as Grand Canal Quay is just on the southside of the river?

Sorry, just realized mine went into the washing machine with my jeans! <slaps head in disgust!>:(

Anybody going to the one tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jd2010

Wow, what a great way to spend a morning hey? I really had a blast. It was so surreal. There was just a great sense of euphoria and instant togetherness once everyone took the plunge. It was really special. I still have a grin on my face, and I'm sure anyone who passed us by on the ferries does too! Thoroughly enjoyed it and met some lovely people. Hope he comes back next year!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Anybody going to the one tonight?
    Wish i could, but I'm wrecked. Haven't slept in 36hrs... dont think they'll let you in without yellow slips :-( and a female!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mr.bovy

DotOrg wrote: »

i do

its due today 3.30 am (rain or shine:)

its on southside , in front of FRESH food store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

fits wrote: »
    were left standing nude for a lot shorter time than those closest to the lighthouse in the first shoot

I was about 7th row back from, the lighthouse. Turnick had said that the second installation would be a reverse shot and we whad to maintain position as we would then be the front.

He didn't do the second and skipped to the third "surprise" one.

So cold that decided against the beacj and opted for a cup of tea at the stall. While there some rather grubby members of the press went huffing and puffing their way with cameras to catch the ole ole chanting.

TBH they didn't catch anything about what it was actually about..but you know sunday tabliouids, tits and ass sell.

there seemd to be more women than men in the area i was. Noone really knew each other, all differnt ages and body types, yet at the end we were all hugging and laughing.. i think Boston you said it was bonding an you were right. It was also incredibly funny at times with everyone waving at the ferries and just generally enjoying themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 don65

Hi,

Could someone with a yellow slip please clarify for me:

1. Do you thinkn my wife and I could get in without the yellow slip (just the release form)? Or does it specifically say on the slip that you must bring the slip with you??

2. Is Fresh near Ely Chq/Eno wine bar/Harbourmaster pub in the IFSC or is it completely across the other side of the Liffey??

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 aidofitz

don65 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could someone with a yellow slip please clarify for me:

1. Do you thinkn my wife and I could get in without the yellow slip (just the release form)? Or does it specifically say on the slip that you must bring the slip with you??

2. Is Fresh near Ely Chq/Eno wine bar/Harbourmaster pub in the IFSC or is it completely across the other side of the Liffey??

Thanks!

Hey,

1. It doesn't explicitly say you need to bring the slip with you. I can't imagine they would turn you away, thats my guess anyway.

2. No, Fresh is at Grand Canal Square - thats over the south side of the liffey, down the end of pearse street and in to the left just before the bridge before Bolands Mills. Where all the red light pole things are!

Enjoy it!!

PS danindublin - what site did the pictures you posted come from, out of curiousity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Marksie wrote: »
    I was about 7th row back from, the lighthouse. Turnick had said that the second installation would be a reverse shot and we whad to maintain position as we would then be the front.

I was down that end of the pier as well. Very, very cold - i remember standing there for what felt like an eternity, then turning around and realising that they were still setting up hordes of people waaaay back. Really nice atmosphere, most around that area seemed to have come in pairs or solo, so everyone was just chatting away to everyone.

I was talking to some friends who were at the other end, and said that there were a lot of large groups back there and a good few ppl who were 'removed' by security (while everyone was waiting around, before the clothes came off) as they were rowdy drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

aidofitz wrote: »
    Hey,

1. It doesn't explicitly say you need to bring the slip with you. I can't imagine they would turn you away, thats my guess anyway.

2. No, Fresh is at Grand Canal Square - thats over the south side of the liffey, down the end of pearse street and in to the left just before the bridge before Bolands Mills. Where all the red light pole things are!

Enjoy it!!

PS danindublin - what site did the pictures you posted come from, out of curiousity

Am . . . . gaycork.com. Few of their guys were involved. Didnt want to shout it incase some ppl thought it was pervy but pics were there for genuine reason (loads of members took park in dublin and cork). Needs a logon normally to see pics so I was a little sneaky and copied them to my webserver and linked from there! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aidofitz

cool cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 corkonian1

brendan4 wrote: »
    But it'd be a right kick in the goolies if you persuaded your OH to go and then they wouldn't let you in for lack of yellow slip... or even worse, if ST thought you didn't meet the grade. I'd be ok, of course... just thinking of others :-)
    :D:D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What was it like initially taking your gear off, and where did you stash it?

• Theres a short write up and pic from the docklands shoot..
    here,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1324283.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

I loved how giggly and sharp everyone became the minute the clothes came off – it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
    As we waited out on the dock it was amazing to see how willing everyone seemed to get their kit off – one fella in my section stripped off as soon as the bullhorn came on, which sparked a mass-stripping.

Funniest was how easy it was to chat and make jokes...
    That, and how frustrated Tunick seemed that all Dublin wanted to do was the chant, laugh and make jokes. At one stage in the first shoot he was shouting through the bullhorn, "Please, please, please guys – you're not thinking of your neighbours! DON'T LOOK AT ME... LOOK AT THE SKY! LOOK AT THE SKY!"
    I felt like I was in grade school again and being yelled at by a substitute teacher :rolleyes:

Didn't want to, but was talked into staying for the beach-shoot. Glad I did, although I did notice a shocking amount of purple people in the water – one of the lads my friend and I were standing with turned blue, although decorum restricted me form finding out if it was the whole of him.

Great experience- but was totally wrecked all of Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Windock everyone was given a large see througth plastic bag to put thier clothes in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Not sure if those beach shots give the same impression of just how great an event it was...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement