Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer Cdj 2000's

• 06-05-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used, the cdj2000's ? thinking of changing over from the mk3 1000's is it worth the upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Haven't used them but I don't see the point, especially since most clubs do not own a set yet and more so if just for home use and the reality of their pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

A Traktor scratch set-up would do a lot more for a lot cheaper. If you want to spend money on something, get another 2 decks and start using 4 decks. That'd improve your DJing more than a deck upgrade would.

I would like to play with the new mixer though, looks pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Agree 100%.
    If you have heavy pockets, get a different toy. Think those CDJ 2000's prices will come down, or else you wont see them in the clubs. Not worth the gamble. My money would be on more CDJ 1000's and an interface like traktor/serato/whatever also.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

get the 900's,youl get alot of the new technology for yards cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

fionntan g wrote: »
    get the 900's,youl get alot of the new technology for yards cheaper

Have to agree. The 900's are a great upgrade. However, both them and the 2000's are criminally expensive. Most big names have just take delivery of them, so you probably won't see them replacing the 1000's for at least 2 years I'd say.

As said before, maybe upgrade to 4 decks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Davey Eire

Selling one at the moment
    1200 euro
    Bray
    Co.wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

I don't mean to hijack the thread but i'm saving up for either the cdj 1000's or 2000's with either the djm 600 or 800. Ill most likely buy them second hand but was wondering which would be the better set up to get? I used to use the numark omni control with traktor but want to move to the cdjs. If anyone has the opinions on which is better let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

i have used the cdj2000's and they are a great piece of kit.

But i agree with the rest of the posters here - they are criminally overpriced. If you do go for them, keep an eye on the firmware update on pioneer's website.

I'm not promoting the forum, but reading online, some people have reported problems when updating the firmware on the cdj2000's that affect the pitch control.

I've used them in a new club last year and its great when you can just bring in a fat32 formatted hard drive and link them using the supplied link cables, so all you need is one hard drive or flash drive to feed both players. (just make sure both players are linked together)

The layout is nice and big as well, also just underneath the layout, there is a cool needle function that lets you quick search to a certain part of the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Davey Eire

I agree well over the priced !!! the feel of them is great do i have played them out in clubs and also have my own at home,very handy sticking usb stick or nice big hard drive full of tunes or REkord box or traktor everything works with this Piece of equipment.

True you are ment to update the firmwire on the Cdj 2000 wen new update is there but over time i had forgotten to update it and even do i was using an old version of firmwire it never effected the pitch or anything really not that i have noticed(anyway updated to new version firmwire now only takes 10 min to set up)

Serious piece of equipment if anyone is interested please let me no
    Thank you

I don't mean to hijack the thread but i'm saving up for either the cdj 1000's or 2000's with either the djm 600 or 800. Ill most likely buy them second hand but was wondering which would be the better set up to get? I used to use the numark omni control with traktor but want to move to the cdjs. If anyone has the opinions on which is better let me know! :)

The CDJ2000 is the new CDJ1000. The 1000 went through 3 MK's and was the industry standard for a long time. The CDJ2000 is just the new version of the 1000, but with alot more bells and whistles. I'll be honest and say, the CDJ1000 and CDJ2000 are not starter pieces of kit in my opinion. From your other threads, I would much more recommend a set of 350's or 400's. They will get your practice on CDJ's which are the exact same set up and layout as they higher end decks. They are also less expensive (Your looking at about €2500 for a set of CDJ2000's)

A common trap is that CDJ's "look cool" and people want them purely on that merit. Is there a reason you want CDJ's over a controller such as the DDJ-T1 or Xponent?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

I have a pair of brand new CDJS-2000 and DJM-800 mixer. Looking to sell them.
    Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

fproviders wrote: »
    I have a pair of brand new CDJS-2000 and DJM-800 mixer. Looking to sell them.
    Anyone interested?

why are you selling them and for how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niacha84

hi i have a traktor x1 hooked up to a pioneer 900 nexus working off channel one and two,working fine. i also have two cdj 2000 decks working rekordbox off channel three and four because i cant seem to hook up my cdj's to traktor. i have them hooked up with usb cables but just cant get the cdj's working through traktor, im using a normal usb hub should i be using a send and return hub? please help

niacha84 wrote: »
    hi i have a traktor x1 hooked up to a pioneer 900 nexus working off channel one and two,working fine. i also have two cdj 2000 decks working rekordbox off channel three and four because i cant seem to hook up my cdj's to traktor. i have them hooked up with usb cables but just cant get the cdj's working through traktor, im using a normal usb hub should i be using a send and return hub? please help

Jesus. Sincere case of all the gear and no idea.

Honestly, why do you have such expensive kit?

But on a positive note, USB hub should work. I'm not overly familiar with the CDJ2000 or Nexus, but they recommend a Ethernet hook up. You probably then have to run the CDJ's off a USB hub and onwards to Traktor. NI have good forums and tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I presume the plan is to use four channels with Traktor and you don't actually want to try to run two softwares together?

I have 2000s but just use USBs. I also have Traktor and looked into using the HID control but I'm happy playing off the USB sticks.

Youtube has plenty of tutorials but I think the first issue you need to look at is in the Traktor software you find both the CDJs and label them as one soundcard or something. Or maybe you need to go into the menu on the CDJ first and then to Traktor settings. I don't remember exactly but it was a tutorial that you had to watch a couple times and take some notes as the process was a bit involved.

Basically what I'm saying is Youtube it. Search for Traktor HID control CDJ 2000 or something like that. There may also be some slight difference between regular 2000 set up and 2000 Nexus set up so just bare that in mind.

Ah! Just remembered, i have the nexus and they for whatever reason Pioneer still hadn't managed to get the HID working easily with them. Serato were quick to update or do whatever they needed to do but Traktor hadn't got their stuff together. The regular 2000 will be fine though.

Also to the Pioneer and NI forums. You will not be the only one wondering how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niacha84

thanks found a youtube link that was very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DJbox.ie

To connect your CDJ2000s to Traktor for HID control you need to create an Aggregate Audio device on your laptop. Google this and you will find a great step by step guide. Once this is done connect a USB cable from each CDJ to your laptop. Startup the laptop/Traktor with the CDJs powered on. Press link on the CDJ and press in the large rotary to connect. From there you can then choose which deck you want that specific CDJ to control. (Ensure your CDJ settings are all correct for HID control etc. again Google will help). Setup all input and output routings in Traktor and you should be set to go.

Enjoy, and Google and YouTube have great information.

Advertisement