Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

• 18-05-2009 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Claire Devine returns on a campaign of death and destruction.

Viewers last saw her drugging and attempting to murder her ex-husband Max Cunningham by forcing him to drive their car off a cliff.

Her plans were thwarted when Warren Fox pushed her off a balcony.

Now she is back and her first act is to set fire to The Loft nightclub with Warren, Hannah Ashworth and Justin Burton trapped inside.

Our Hollyoaks insider said: “Claire knocks Warren unconscious, blindfolds him and ties him up before getting him to lure
    Justin to The Loft and dousing the place with petrol.

“Then Hannah comes through the door and Claire knocks her out.

“Claire decides to be done with it and strikes a match.

“But Justin bursts in and spots Hannah. He ignores Warren’s plea to save him and when the floor falls through all seems lost.”

Our source added: “One of the group will fail to get out alive.”

Watch the climax on May 29.
    Warren Fox
    Dies :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Phewww... not *too* bothered about that death, was getting worried one of the others would be killed off but this is okay with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Viewers last saw her drugging and attempting to murder her ex-husband Max Cunningham by forcing him to drive their car off a cliff"

:confused:

The headmaster guy really confuses me, sometimes he's incredibly horrible but tonight he was unbelievably nice and understanding? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Zoe Lister is to leave Hollyoaks after three years on the Channel 4 soap.

The blonde actress, 27, who plays film studies student Zoe Carpenter, is scheduled to leave in December.

Speaking about her decision to leave, Zoe said: "It's scary but also very, very exciting," adding: "I think three years in a soap is enough to do and you get to a point where you either make a decision that this is what you do or you want to try something different."

good riddance

Ravi Roy is dealt a knockout blow later this month when doctors reveal he has a brain aneurism.

And the strapping fella is shocked to learn it is so bad he could drop dead at any second.

Ravi - played by Stephen Uppal, 26 - is alerted to his potentially fatal condition after collapsing and being taken to hospital.

I dont like any of the Roy family

• Advertisement

My god they're getting rid of everyone!!
    Which is okay when it's people like Zoe and Ravi but it's not okay when they bring in crappy new ones like that new girl behind the bar and Zac's brother. I prefer annoying characters that are at least familiar to annoying characters that are new.

I don't particularly like the Roy family either, except maybe Ash because he's such a creep that it's almost comical with all the crazy stuff he's doing at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awww i like ravi , so damn cute

Hmmm the new girl behind that bar, im not liking so much..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a163001/loui-batley-quits-hollyoaks.html

Hollyoaks actress Loui Batley will quit the soap after nearly four years in the role of Sarah Barnes, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 22-year-old will bow out of the show towards the end of the year in an "explosive" storyline.

She remained tight-lipped regarding the details of her exit plot but insisted that it would "shock" viewers.
    So thats Hannah, Zoe and Sarah all leaving towards the end of the year. Who is Nancy going to talk to now?:)

Sarah wont be missed she is a useless character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

What a disappointment. I thought that there would be n00dz of female characters poasted here :D

I used to watch the soap with a "mute" button on, when I was in my early years of secondary school.

• Advertisement

Hollyoaks Later is to screen a soap first next month when one of the show's leading characters plunges to their death in a tragic parachute incident, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Filming for the late-night E4 spinoff took place at Tatenhill airfield, Staffordshire, earlier this week where the production team used a storage area and a static plane for the scenes.

One of the four storyline strands within the five hour-long episodes sees Sarah Barnes (Loui Batley, left), Zoe Carpenter (Zoë Lister, below right) and Lydia Hart (Lydia Kelly, below left) embark on a boot camp and as part of the intense regime, the trio take to the skies to try out skydiving.

However, unbeknown to the girls, one of their parachutes has been sabotaged by a member of the group and when each pulls their ripcord cord, one fails to operate, sending them plummeting to the ground below.
    The identity of the unfortunate girl is being kept a secret until the episode airs.

Producers have confirmed, though, that Batley and Lister are quitting the main Channel 4 show.

Mike Shelton, chief executive of Tatenhill airfield, told Burton Mail: "We had known that they would be coming about a week ago. It wasn't particularly high profile as our staff were not really involved in the filming. We had one staff member show them around the area, but they mainly filmed near our storage area, not very close to our operations."
    He added: "They mainly filmed in the early evening after we had stopped flying so our work carried on as normal. All the filming they did was static so there was no flying involved. I believe they did use one plane to film but never flew in it."

This year's edition of Later is headed up by former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood.

The five hour-long episodes of Hollyoaks Later are due to transmit on consecutive weekday nights on E4 from September 28.

I'm excited about this. :D
    I hope it's Lydia, as dull as I find the other two. Nobody will miss Lydia so we won't have to deal with any dull, grieving characters. Admittedly I found Lydia/Sarah kind of cute though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Anyone else thinking Hollyoaks is terrible these days?

Mike Barnes breaks down at daughter Sarah’s funeral – unable to cope with her parachute death.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } Heartbroken Mike leaves the congregation in tears with an emotional speech.

But moments later the service is interrupted by his ex-lover Zoe Carpenter’s brother Archie.

He storms in and blames Sarah’s lesbian lover Lydia Hart for her death.

He insists police have got the wrong girl and while his sister Zoe languishes in prison the real killer is getting away with murder.

An insider said: “The viewers know it was Lydia who fixed her ’chute. It will only be a matter of time before it all comes out.”

Surely Amy and Kathy will return for the funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/i200128/hollyoaks-funeral-filming-august-2009.html

This picture seems to imply that Amy at least will be back for the funeral

And, :eek:, Lydia apparently.

Calvin starts an affair with
    sister in law Mercedes and she falls pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

How is Lydia alive??

I thought she did herself in, in the Hollyoaks Later program after Sarah's death???

Leila Roy is leaving
    1 more gone 2 more to go :D

Hollyoaks is getting seriously dark.
    This Christmas it is set for its most shocking storyline yet, when two characters reveal they live under false names after murdering a tot as kids.

With eerie echoes of the James Bulger case, the controversial plot will see two female pals reunited after years of prison and living under new identities.

Loretta and Chrissy, played by Melissa Walton and Amber Hodgkiss - were sent down after killing a child when they were 12.

The story revolves around Chrissy making a surprise visit to her old cohort and using her old name, Joanna.

A show source said: "We appreciate the episodes deal with a sensitive subject but it has all been thoroughly researched.

"The drama is about how Loretta reacts to Chrissy's arrival back in her life and how she copes with all the memories coming flooding back.

"She's tried to move on, but Chrissy won't seem to let her."

The show will make uncomfortable viewing - especially on Merseyside, where Hollyoaks is filmed and where James, two, was abducted and killed by 10-year-olds Robert Thompson and Jon Venables in 1993.

They were locked up before being released in 2001 with new IDs.

• Advertisement

SHOCKED Malachy Fisher is devastated when he catches his wife Mercedes enjoying a sizzling romp with secret lover Calvin Valentine.

But instead of tackling the cheating pair, he decides to leave before saying a word.

So when Mercedes returns home later that evening she has no idea that Malachy has finally discovered what she’s been up to.

As he bides his time, the heartbroken husband tries to come to terms with his wife’s infidelity.

He knows that if he says anything then he risks losing her forever. Feeling guilty about cheating on her devoted husband, Mercedes tries to end her affair with the hunky ex-copper.

But the saucy brunette can’t help herself and the pair continue meeting up for regular romps.

A Hollyoaks insider said: “Malachy can’t believe his eyes when he catches them in The Loft. He’s devastated.

“It’s not going to be the best Christmas for either of them.

“Viewers will see a completely different side to Malachy as his rage starts to take over.”

Catch all the action on Channel 4 on Friday, December 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The Loretta/Chrissy plot has been pulled. I feel they should have gone ahead with it. Good soaps should be pushing boundaries.

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/hollyoaks/news/hollyoaks-cuts-plot-after-jamie-bulger-mum-objects/7758

Hollyoaks is to make UK soap history when it becomes the first serial drama to break the time continuum and 'flashforward' six months into the future.

Next Monday, the special 'flashforward' episode of Hollyoaks will be slotted into Channel 4's schedule and feature scenes from May 2010.

The screening's storyline focuses on the second wedding of show favourites Calvin Valentine (Ricky Whittle) and Carmel McQueen (Gemma Merna).

Series producer Lucy Allan told DS of the 'flashforward': "We're really excited by this future episode - Hollyoaks is the only soap that can tamper with time and give our audience the opportunity to look at events that haven't yet taken place.

"A lot can happen in six months, so viewers should expect to be asking a lot of questions of some of their favourite characters' actions and behaviour."

Whittle added: "Calvin's completely besotted with Carmel. She's the one he's always wanted - she's always been his true love since they first started seeing each other and everyone's always wanted them to get back together."

Here, DS presents a gallery of photos from Calvin and Carmel's wedding day.

Hollyoaks' 'flashforward' episode airs on Monday, December 21 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Calvin gets shot and dies at his wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just decided to start watching Hollyoaks this evening. Watching all the stuff on 4oD. So far, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Cant make my way through that 4od site, its crap!!

what time is the ep on tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Quick question folks,

Does Malachy have aids?? and Mercedes? I stopped watching for ages last year when the whole aids thing started coming out.:confused:

OMG!!! The fast forward ep, Poor Carmel:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

Quick question folks,

Does Malachy have aids?? and Mercedes? I stopped watching for ages last year when the whole aids thing started coming out.:confused:

Yes Malachy has aids but Mercedes doesnt.
    Quite liked the flash forward episode, another who donnit to keep us guessing :confused:

• Advertisement

inspired09 wrote: »
    Yes Malachy has aids but Mercedes doesnt.
    Quite liked the flash forward episode, another who donnit to keep us guessing :confused:

Yea I enjoyed it,

sooo Laurens pregnant? I didnt know that, Im very behind on my hollyoaks. But guessin sasha finds out that calvin was there when warren died and didnt help him. Not sure what the Zac things about?? Whats the deal with Zacs brother??

Felt so bad for Malachy, hes always been so lovely!

Advertisement