Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second Captains Part II

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If I was radio/podcast superstar, I'd find the hoi polloi disgusting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Arghus wrote: »
    I know that the humour is in how badly Murph comes off in all these egomaniac stories, but you have to say there's a suspiciously high amount of them now...

They seem to be over a length of time too. The story this week is before 2012. Lost touch with the common man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If I was radio/podcast superstar, I'd find the hoi polloi disgusting as well.

Trying to bypass the deli queue in spar. "do you know who I am?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Kens patient delivery after, of;
    “It is interesting actually isn’t it, how unpleasant you actually are.”

That slow emphasis on unpleasant, nearly wet myself laughing at how unexpectedly blunt it was!

I loved his musings about how if he was to hang around with an arsehole like Murph, it would make him look nicer than he actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Nokotan wrote: »
    I thought it would be the opposite that Ken would be a bit of an dickhead in real life. Not even a dickhead but a bit introverted and not wanting to talk to the general public.

I collared Ken outside Tower Records one day and in embarrassing fan style complimented him on the pod - he couldn't have been more polite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Jose sacked !!!! European mega super leaugue !!! they need to do a Joe rogan style 5 and half hour pod today. Maybe 6/8 hour ???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Flip sake.

Is this gonna distract from the Arsenal 1 - Fulham 1 chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Plenty of content for lads this week but hopefully we’ll get what we really want- more stories of encounters with Murph and Ken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I know I could be cancelled for this but are we all supposed to pretend we give a fcuk about Irish women's rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I know I could be cancelled for this but are we all supposed to pretend we give a fcuk about Irish women's rugby?

Edgy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

"Mourihno like a squid, injecting a cloud of black ink and disappearing."

I'd be using that analogy if I was down the pub tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

ESL probably need an easy win now to get fans on board.
    Just say we won't use VAR and they will get a big following .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The history of Wilson and Neymar is that Wilson wrote a piece that PSG were better without Neymar after PSG went to Old Trafford and beat man utd without him in the first leg round of 16 in 2019.

Then in the return leg PSG, still without Neymar, had a collective brain fart and went out to Man utd inexplicably.

That was the time to abandon any ideas that PSG without their best player was a better team.

But Wilson, who has a bit of a weakness for being prideful, still can’t admit he was wrong and tries to invent ideas that Neymar’s tactical indiscipline harms PSG.

Here’s the piece https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/13/neymar-absence-help-psg-manchester-united-mbappe-cavani

I think Wilson is great, probably my favourite contributor but he is quite stubborn with his opinions. He's pretty adamant that Moyes isn't the doing a great job with West Ham despite them having an amazing season

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

siblers wrote:
    I think Wilson is great, probably my favourite contributor but he is quite stubborn with his opinions. He's pretty adamant that Moyes isn't the doing a great job with West Ham despite them having an amazing season

And that's only because Moyes did a bad job at Sunderland. Talk about an irrational dislike...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Nope, no one is forcing you to care about women's rugby - or men's rugby - or anything for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

sigmundv wrote: »
    And that's only because Moyes did a bad job at Sunderland. Talk about an irrational dislike...

That's hardly the definition of an irrational dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

sigmundv wrote: »
    Nope, no one is forcing you to care about women's rugby - or men's rugby - or anything for that matter.

Is it the best use of the pods time, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Jim Root wrote: »
    Is it the best use of the pods time, I wonder.

I really don't get this argument. It's not like the podcast is wall to wall women's rugby. They did a 20 minute pod on a very quiet sporting weekend

Everyone is going to have different sporting interests so just skip the parts or pods you don't like. They still put out 5-6 hours of content a week on other topics

The lads pick up different strands at different times, it can be very interesting to hear a snippet here and there of whatever interests *them*

If i dont like it, i can skip it. Still getting my fiver a months worth

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pfft, women's rugby, men's rugby, whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

Just checked, and they started talking about the rugby in 12th minute, and finished in 21st.... 9 minutes total for Womens rugby out of probably 5 hours of content a week, hardly shoving it down listeners (ears?) throats!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Thought Murph was very enjoyable to listen to on Mondays football pod.

I think they will have to cancel whatever it was they had lined up for tomorrow. 3 soccer podcasts in a row !!!

3 soccer podcasts and a mini women’s rugby pod is the perfect ratio.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think they will have to cancel whatever it was they had lined up for tomorrow. 3 soccer podcasts in a row !!!

The "hands across the border" episode will have to go on ice.

Ken- "I wish I was in Spain"...I bet he does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ken in rare form today riffing on Henry Winter. "While Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw went over the top, England's captain cowered in his dugout. The bombs flew, the mud spattered but England's captain was safe under 20 feet of earth." Brilliant.

Hunter and Harris went at it like wild street dogs today on off the ball, worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭MercuryBoy

Hunter and Harris went at it like wild street dogs today on off the ball, worth a listen

Hunter made a mountain out of a molehill unsurprisingly, he becomes more self obsessed very time I hear him

MercuryBoy wrote: »
    Hunter made a mountain out of a molehill unsurprisingly, he becomes more self obsessed very time I hear him

He really is an odd character. Is there a reason why he is never on second captains ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm going to have to listen I guess, just so I can hear how far he's gone up his own rectum by now. Even though I couldn't stand listening to Graham Hunter back in the day and I'm not the least bit sad he's never heard from on SC. I think he just stuck around contributing to OTB while the boys were trying to get their act together. They are intelligent men, I'm sure they're well aware that he is a pompous arse.

Advertisement