Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

sligojoek wrote: »
    Another one of Joe's, "What does a traveller look like?"
    They look white because they are white and the same race as us. John Connors looks just like any other Irish person. They look like us but there are subtle differences in how they speak/act that sets them apart. It's hard to explain but if you interact with Travellers enough you can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They look white because they are white and the same race as us. John Connors looks just like any other Irish person. They look like us but there are subtle differences in how they speak/act that sets them apart. It's hard to explain but if you interact with Travellers enough you can tell.

I dunno I reckon you can tell many Travellers just by looks alone. That's what generations of inbreeding within a shallow gene pool will do. Somehow that makes a separate ethnicity too but sure that decision was made for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've had enough experience that I'd know them if they were boiled. If not, then I'd know as soon as they open their mouths. Call me racist but that'd the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The smell should be your first clue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Not a chance. The BBC doesn't make documentaries painting them as martyrs like RTE does and the authorities seem to just ignore them. This is the same UK that arrests people for posts on twitter but let a trafficking ring work with impunity for years for fear of being labelled racist. They don't care about Travellers either way. Look at how those fools behaved in New Zealand. They genuinely couldn't understand why the Kiwi's took such offence to their behaviour. They're so used to getting away with it in the UK that being pulled up on it was a shock to the system.

That kiwi experience blew the doors of the notion that they are mistreated here, the kiwis reacted like you would to any obnoxious anti social people, here we engage in excuses for their carry on, they are over indulged to an obscene degree in this country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Two of them in the bookies today and one of them acting like a complete cnut. He gave the girl behind the counter dogs abuse because he couldn't get his way. Roaring and shouting at the screen. I hope he lost his bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

"Joe Duffy" But how do you know they were Travellers?

That's the thing, I don't. Any video I seen, they were covered up. Even the names looked unfamiliar to traveller surnames. It was a presumption based on me saying perhaps.
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Another one of Joe's, "What does a traveller look like?"

You can also spot them by them going around wearing a pair of shorts with a matching lagging jacket. Hair slicked back using a full tub of gel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Omackeral wrote: »
    I dunno I reckon you can tell many Travellers just by looks alone. That's what generations of inbreeding within a shallow gene pool will do. Somehow that makes a separate ethnicity too but sure that decision was made for us.

The haircuts. I reckon they all go to the same barber and ask for 'The Traveller'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The haircuts. I reckon they all go to the same barber and ask for 'The Traveller'

Is that where you get your hair cut, walk out without paying and threaten violence if anything is said?

Or is that just normal shops...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

So many instances of scamming, theft (Hi Mags) and assorted other anti social behavior concerning travellers that we almost automatically assume they are involved in a case like this.

They need to clean up their act (in every sense) but just won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

That oxygen thief robs the taxpayer of over a thousand euro a week and this thread is about her robbing e300 worth of clothes from Penney’s , manufactured in Bangladesh at a cost of several euro to Penney’s?!

Then pay her free legal aid etc , those rats have a better understanding of the legal system , than many a solicitor has!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Idbatterim wrote: »
    That oxygen thief robs the taxpayer of over a thousand euro a week and this thread is about her robbing e300 worth of clothes from Penney’s , manufactured in Bangladesh at a cost of several euro to Penney’s?!

Then pay her free legal aid etc , those rats have a better understanding of the legal system , than many a solicitor has!

Wow so misogynist . Show me on the doll where the woman touched you.

(Nah that never happened!!!):):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You need to get a dictionary for the big words like 'misogynist' as you appear clueless to its meaning and appropriate use thereoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

It’s easy to identify a traveler. Hold out a piece of copper in the palm of your hand , if it has been snatched from your hand immediately, it is a traveler ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Being a mother is by far the most important job any woman can do. Far better than being an incompetent accountant or incompetent project manager.
    Wow so misogynist .

Thats the great thing about hypocrites. Utterly predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Idbatterim wrote: »
    It’s easy to identify a traveler. Hold out a piece of copper in the palm of your hand , if it has been snatched from your hand immediately, it is a traveler ...

Traveller men love the dress shoes and jeans combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Traveller men love the dress shoes and jeans combo.

That's something I often notice about travellers. People are always on about wearing tracksuits but around here they are always in Jean's or a black trousers and the shiniest shoes ever.

The Fermoy family . That were discussed on RedFm when they were looking for a house whilst living in a mobile home.
    There mobile home got burnt down last night.

https://avondhupress.ie/breaking-mcdonagh-family-lucky-to-be-alive-after-fire/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

That's something I often notice about travellers. People are always on about wearing tracksuits but around here they are always in Jean's or a black trousers and the shiniest shoes ever.

Go to any provincial nightclub and that is what every single guy regardless of background is wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The Fermoy family . That were discussed on RedFm when they were looking for a house whilst living in a mobile home.

No indication of what caused the fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No indication of what caused the fire.

To be fair mobile homes and caravans are far more dangerous than a brick house. It doesn't take much to set them alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's unfortunate, wonder what caused it.

She only has 4 kids under the age of 5, must be the black sheep of the family.

Go to any provincial nightclub and that is what every single guy regardless of background is wearing.

Not where I'm from. They are frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

(Nah that never happened!!!):):D

Why do you think that mimicking the interview of a child abuse victim is an appropriate response to anything?

What part of it do you find most amusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Why do you think that mimicking the interview of a child abuse victim is an appropriate response to anything?

What part of it do you find most amusing?

Funny thing is, that poster was asked to condemn actual child abuse with the overweight child being encouraged to drink a full pint of Guinness and to "throw shapes" but they scarperred off the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

tuxy wrote: »
    What a culture! Threatening and robbing the elderly puts you in a position where women are fighting over you as soon as you're released from prison.

ah shure don't all women love bad boys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Squatter wrote: »
    I'm amazed that the Aussie Immigration let them into the country in the first place. I had understood that they normally do a pretty extensive background check for criminal convictions. But perhaps those four lads were paragons of virtue before they went to Australia (checks outside window for flying pigs).

Juvenile offences wouldn't show up on those checks, probably, and they were only a little over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://www.96fm.ie/on-air/shows/the-opinion-line/listen-back/

From.about an hour into the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That 80's radio compression is horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is Maggie on a trip again?

(Via google translate)
    A six-month pregnant woman stole nearly 900 euros worth of things at Primark in Zoetermeer yesterday. To do this, she walked up and down three times between the store and her car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement