Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NDLS Eye Test

• 31-12-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm looking to get an eye test done with an opticians for the NDLS form but was surprised to find it so expensive at Specsavers (€35). I'm not sure if I was naïve in thinking it was supposed to be only €15 or so in most places but does anyone know anywhere that does it cheaper? I work in Dublin 2 if that helps but don't mind travelling out a little if it'll save me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Might be of some use to you, not sure if it covers you for the driving license form, but if you work with a computer your employer is obliged to provide you an eye test free of charge.

Our place gives you a voucher to bring to Specsavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Might be of some use to you, not sure if it covers you for the driving license form, but if you work with a computer your employer is obliged to provide you an eye test free of charge.

Our place gives you a voucher to bring to Specsavers.
    Thanks, I remember a place I used to work for did that, haven't heard it mentioned where I am now but will ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Are you entitled to a free eye test through the prsi scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got mine done recently in a local opticians and it was only €15 which I was surprised at
    but I normally get it done for free every 2 years through PRSI

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

Apologies for only seeing responses now, I wasn't eligible under PRSI but found SuperSavers Opticians on Talbot Street that did it for €15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement