Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manker E02 1xAAA flashlight / headlamp €12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks OP. I'm a sucker for flashlights and I wanted a small one with a magnet.

Free shipping too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

General opinion on these V Olight?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

If ordering more than one order separate to keep below customs value

kceire wrote: »
    General opinion on these V Olight?
    Olight don't really have a model that is directly comparable.

Olight have lots of right-angled torches but they tend to be bigger models running on 18650s, built-in charging etc. An 18650 light is in a whole other ball game to a 1xAAA flashlight in terms of size, output, weight, runtime etc.

There's actually very few right-angle 1xAAA on the market, which makes this very cool.

If you mean the Olight 1xAAA that has been posted before, this is a better or more versatile light, but not as compact. It's about twice the price of course, but even at that I would consider it a bargain.

Bought one! Got the one with the headband and Nichia like you recommended. Never ordered from MankerLight (sounds a bit rude!) before but I'm sure you know they're reputable.

• Advertisement

Bought one! Got the one with the headband and Nichia like you recommended. Never ordered from MankerLight (sounds a bit rude!) before but I'm sure you know they're reputable.
    They're a well-known brand and the link is the factory direct store. I ordered my own E02 from there a few years ago. They take Paypal so very little risk.

It's coming from China so I wouldn't expect it for at least a month.

It's coming from China so I wouldn't expect it for at least a month.
    Yeah, I was going to order a few for Christmas pressies and then I saw free shipping and figured it'd be for Christmas 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

Bought the AA and the AAA version. Thanks for the recommendation teotwaki (and earlier olight ine too ) I was just cursing my old head torch wondering how I might get a decent quality replacement at a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I'm gonna be a pr*ick and tell ye all to stop buying cheap plastic sh1te!

If you want to keep throwing away money I'll put up my PayPal and you can gift me all your unwanted €20s!

FFVII wrote: »
    It's aluminium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thanks OP. Ordered mine

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you want to keep throwing away money I'll put up my PayPal and you can gift me all your unwanted €20s!

Post it up and I’ll send you a few euro to waste on the cheap plastic PC that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I'm gonna be a pr*ick

Congratulations on achieving your goal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Invincible

Was there a colour option on the AA torch earlier?
    Want the red one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Olight don't really have a model that is directly comparable.

Olight have lots of right-angled torches but they tend to be bigger models running on 18650s, built-in charging etc. An 18650 light is in a whole other ball game to a 1xAAA flashlight in terms of size, output, weight, runtime etc.

There's actually very few right-angle 1xAAA on the market, which makes this very cool.

If you mean the Olight 1xAAA that has been posted before, this is a better or more versatile light, but not as compact. It's about twice the price of course, but even at that I would consider it a bargain.

Right on queue....
    https://www.olightstore.uk/bundle-perun.html

They're having trouble with my order. I put my eircode in the box that required a post code. Somehow the website changed a "6" to a "^". Anyone else have this happen or is something peculiar to my setup?

jayjbe wrote: »
    That's not really comparable in either price or spec.

They're having trouble with my order. I put my eircode in the box that required a post code. Somehow the website changed a "6" to a "^". Anyone else have this happen or is something peculiar to my setup?
    I had my address (with Eircode) saved from a previous order so I can't shed any light on it.

Once the address is there in full i'm sure it'll get to you, the postal system will just ignore the malformed eircode. Or you could ask them to cancel and try the Paypal checkout ?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I used paypal with no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

Thanks op, just ordered one.
    Can people remember to post up here when it gets delivered, Thanks.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks op, just ordered one.
    Can people remember to post up here when it gets delivered, Thanks.

??
    Showing not available for purchase since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

i ordered it and got a confirmation email just before i posted.

Invincible wrote: »
    ??
    Showing not available for purchase since last night.
    Looks like the Nichia 219C versions are sold out, but Cree still available. Nichia on left of pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=497541&stc=1&d=1576241278

Looks like the Nichia 219C versions are sold out, but Cree still available. Nichia on left of pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=497541&stc=1&d=1576241278

That's it, just got it up on desktop.
    Cree will have to do :-)

Got a dispatch email this morning and the site has a tracking number ending in GB. So normally coming from the UK it would get here pretty sharpish. Probably not at this time of year though.

Got a dispatch email this morning and the site has a tracking number ending in GB. So normally coming from the UK it would get here pretty sharpish. Probably not at this time of year though.
    I believe it is coming from China despite the GB origin code.

A Manker order for me a previous year took 2 & 1/2 weeks at a less busy time (and had GB tracking code also). I would expect it in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I bought a head torch today with two small hand torches and 9 batteries for 9.95. Thought it was very good value

Mine now showing up on the Royal Mail tracking website. Previously I had to use 4px to track it. So it's obviously just across the pond.

• Advertisement

Mine now showing up on the Royal Mail tracking website. Previously I had to use 4px to track it. So it's obviously just across the pond.
    That's very quick, way quicker than I would have expected. It would be great if you got it before xmas.

Advertisement