Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Echo Dot 6.34GBP (22GBP with 15.66GBP cashback)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Thanks OP, secret santa present sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Did everyone pay in euro or pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

noble00 wrote: »
    Did everyone pay in euro or pounds

I used my Revoult card and paid in GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Did anyone get charged an extra 55p for delivery to an Irish address?

Hve the GBP15 in pending and yellow in Top Cashback account too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Gerlad wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Its not a delivery charge its Irish Vat which is higher then the UKs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Did you need to pay in GBP? I didn't get a notification of my purchase either.. although the money hasn't even came out of my account yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

kceire wrote: »
    For anyone that purchased, in your earnings tab, is the pending 15 yellow?
    Mine still says pending but ive no record to say it’s for an amazon purchase.

The £15 will show up straight away because that's coming from TCB and it's their site so they know immediately when you sign up. The 3% Amazon will show in a while once they verify your purchase from Amazon, could be a couple of days, could be a couple of weeks. I think there's only been once or twice out of buying 30/40 things from TCB where I didn't get my cashback and I blame the merchants for not tracking that correctly not TCB.

Edit: when you click through to Amazon from TCB it will keep the TCB page open and a little window ill come up saying we've tracked your visit. You can also check your Click Throughs to Merchants by clicking "Account" in the top right of the TCB website, click "Earnings" the second tab across and then on the right side you'll see an option for "Clicks to Merchants" which will show all the recorded visits TCB have from your account.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    That worked for me too thanks, so I followed the link to amazon (which opened the amazon app) and ordered the echo but I've no idea how TCB will know I bought anything.

I noticed when I clicked through to Amazon at the end of the URL it said "TCB" or something similar.

Think that's the difference between the UK and Irish VAT Rates

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Just ordered the Dot. Does it take long for it to appear on the TCB website? I've no transactions there, apart from the pending £15.

Bit worried I did something wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine is still generic orange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

So you could order the Echo Input & get it for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Can I use this against the Echo Plus also?

I guess what Im asking is - if I go through the TCB link which takes me to the Dot, and then go to another link within Amazon, to the Echo Plus, will TCB still track this and apply the discount?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dot dispatched today following order last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djon92

I did all the ordering through my phone - does anyone know if it works via phone too? I’d imagine it should?

Still have the £15 as pending in my TCB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I signed up and verfiied the account on TCB. Then clicked the link in the Mirror article but instead of bringing me to an Amazon Dot page it just goes to my account overview. Found their Dot page anyway and it linked to Amazon itself with the url having TCB at the end of it so hopefully the cashback works. There'll be some storm in here in a weeks time if it doesnt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Just ordered one about 10 mins ago. Got my confirmation email from Amazon, but nothing from Top cash back. How long does it take to get an email from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

You can register also use referal link and once you have 10 pound cashback you will get 5 pound amazon gift card. Other person gets 20 pound.

Just ordered one about 10 mins ago. Got my confirmation email from Amazon, but nothing from Top cash back. How long does it take to get an email from them?

Up to 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Up to 7 days

Thanks for that, but some people who ordered yesterday are putting up screenshots showing the £15 as pending.

Did it show as pending straight away, or did you all have to wait some time?

• Advertisement

Just a slight warning. I signed up today and it appears to sign you up to a premium topcashback account that costs 5 pounds for the year if not cancelled after a few weeks of trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

Just a slight warning. I signed up today and it appears to sign you up to a premium topcashback account that costs 5 pounds for the year if not cancelled after a few weeks of trial.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭This is it

How do they bill you? I didn't enter any card details except via Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I saw that but it gave me the impression that it would take 5 pounds of your cashback savings rather than having to pay a fiver. Wont be giving them my CC details in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jimmythesaint

For anyone who clicked through and bought something on Amazon, is there currently any reference to that purchase on TCB? I just have that £15 pending too. Hoping I didn't screw up.

This is it wrote: »
    How do they bill you? I didn't enter any card details except via Amazon

Take it off your balance, people could get caught out if forgetting to transfer out the 15 pounds after it’s awarded or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

If I order firestick or hard drive, will I get €15 back or is it only Dot?

Forgot to mention that too. You can immediately downgrade to a classic account which I did.

Forgot to mention that too. You can immediately downgrade to a classic account which I did.

I did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I did the same.

how do you downgrade???

Advertisement